WESTAT

WESTAT Employer Reviews

A great place to work.
NAEP Help Desk (Current Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 14, 2014
I really enjoy the campus style work environment, with everything from a gym to multiple cafeterias it really allows you to balance work and life efficiently. The office environment is professional, friendly and positive.
Employee Owned company
Systems Analyst/ Programmer (Former Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 24, 2014
Westat is headquartered in MD with offices all over the world.
Great work and learning enviroment
Bronx/Manhattan, HSIS-Bilingual Interviewer (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 22, 2014
was an interesting learning experience that I will keep in mind during my whole life.
good company and good people
Medical Record Abstractor or Field worker (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: i wish there was more people working with me
The manager and lead is very helpful and nice. They trained me very well and I was able to do my job.
Very rewarding opportunity to work with children
Assessment Administrator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and good people.
Cons: not a permanent position.
This was a great opportunity to learn a whole new talent. The management was very helpful and had all the knowledge to help you be your best.
Informative place to work if you like to work from home. In house climate friendly and relaxed.
TRC INTERVIEWER (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 28, 2014
Log onto your computer and your particular database. Computer automatically rings phone, you answer and ask questions as they are presented, while typing in answers given by person on other end read verbatum.. (Government questionaires....
Learned to be quick and to not show any emotions while speaking w/respondents. Management and co-workers very helpful – more... and sociable.
Hardest part of job was not to be emotional in any way/nor to take it personal when someone yelled or hung up on you.
The most enjoyable about job was helping to get real infomation for various agencies of the government and knowing the people I worked with. – less
Fun and rewarding job.
Field Interviewer (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 16, 2014
Pros: meeting interesting people
Cons: on bad weather days i'm not able to work the field (interviewer people).
A typical day at work would be meeting (in person) a variety of mixed personalities that you would have to adjust yourself in communication to each individual's. I work from home and receive my work from Home Office through secure online website. I do report once a week to my supervisor and have conference calls once a week. I work alone and don't have – more... a co-worker that I associate on a daily bases. The hardest part of my job is trying to convenience individual's to participate in taking the survey. There's three part of the survey that you would have to convince each individuals to participate. The 1st part would be collection information to see if anyone is select if so then the 2nd part would be interviewing the selected person and the 3rd part would be collection Bio samples. These three step may seem easy to accomplish but it really isn't easy. I enjoy my job, I drive a lot but I enjoy meeting and getting to know people. – less
Westat cares for its employees - Very flexible work environment - Exceptional work/life balance
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility, great management, life/work balance, interesting projects.
Cons: not much room for advancement and low pay.
The only issue with Westat is their compensation. Their salaries are a lot lower than the competition in the area, specifically in the IT field.
Great employer!
Field Research Interviewer (CAPI) (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 5, 2014
Pros: freedom, set your own schedule
Cons: no medical benefits
I worked as a field interviewer for Westat for about 12 years total. The Last project I worked was The Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey. They kept me pretty busy, 20-40 hrs. per week and good pay! Also, the hours are very flexible. If you want to take a day off, you can as long as you don't have any pre-set appointments. Only drawback was that I – more... needed health insurance, which they do not offer. Otherwise I would have given this company 5 stars. – less
work independently with little direct supervision
Field Interviewer (Former Employee), Twin Cities, MN, home office Rockville, MDJune 30, 2014
Pros: working independent in the field
Cons: working in the cold
My first assignment I loved it, had an awesome supervisor & great working rapport with supervisor. My second supervisor was inexperienced in supervisor role and it showed, so the Lead supervisor started micro managing all the field interviewers on this team and it effected everybody's work. Not pleasant working conditions.
Great Part-time job
Field Interviewer (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: sometimes not enough work available
Flexible hours are a definite plus.Work typically 3-4 days a week. If you are a people person this is a job for you. Locate a specified address and contact the household member that lives there. They should be expecting you if they read the advance letter sent to them.
Have them do a screener with you and determine if the study would like for anyone – more... there to participate. They do an interview and possibly agree to biologic samples. Enter data and transmit to home office. I love this job and the freedom it gives me to meet new people and see new places. – less
Schedule Very compatible with family life
Field Interviewer (Data Collector) (Current Employee), pennsylvaniaMay 15, 2014
Pros: paid training, hotel, travel expenses, gas milage, flexible schedule not sitting in one place all day
Cons: low pay, assignment can end sooner than expected, lots of paperwork, evaluated by corporate according to your numbers not performance
This job was wonderful, I loved it, I wish the assignment didn't end sooner than was originated. The job was expected to last until April it was over months before then. It is a good idea to have a second job or temp job on the side. This is a skilled job and more of a part time position,you would be more successful at it if you are available in the – more... evenings and early hours on the weekends. You have to have thick skin because people will reject you and judge you based on your appearance. If you have a great personality, are flexible open minded this career would be great for you.You have to think more like a sales person when trying to reach your goal, you are evaluated like a sale person when it comes to your performance.I loved the training the company provides, you make lots of new friends. Paid travel great experience although the job doesn't pay much but the experience, is worth it. – less
Self Schedule Work At Home Job
Data Collector - Collecting customer information (Former Employee), Wahington DCApril 16, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: short contracts
I got to set my own schedule
work from the comfort of my home
assist customers about their accounts
data entry and QC data from field
Data entry, bulk mail (Former Employee), Rockville, MDApril 13, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduel
review, QC, and enter data from field reps. Pay close attention to detail.
Good organization
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 6, 2014
I would go in and get orders to fill for testing sites. I learned how to use FedEx. The management there was very good and helpful. We all worked well as a team. There was no hard part to this job. I enjoyed how well we all worked together as a team to get the job done.
working environment is good.
Survey Processing Assistant (Current Employee), Rockville, MDApril 3, 2014
I enjoy the work but I need to get back to Accounting field that I prefer.
Research analyst
Data Collector (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 25, 2014
See Resume, Mainly called respondents for research purposes.
It is a big and growing government subcontractor company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility at work, very good benefits, performance bonus, close to my home.
Cons: it is difficult to be promoted for the structure in the finance area.
The daily task performed are:
• Invoice Government Contract bills in Deltek-Costpoint, such as Cost Plus Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Fixed Price, and Level of Effort bills.
• Make collection calls on overdue accounts receivable
• Assist with payment related research and inquires

The hardest part of may is to make sure I am invoicing according to – more... the terms and conditions stated in the contract.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship with the Customers coordinating billing issues or collection calls. – less
flexible hours and days
Field Interviewer (Current Employee), MDMarch 17, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: heat in dallas
The job was great alots of travel, not to much money but a very relax work place no pressure and alots of learning experience, the hardest part of the job was the summer heat in Dallas but not impossible to handle.
good company for all levels of experience
Research Assessment Technician (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 7, 2014
Overall nice company with good benefits and opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About WESTAT

Survey the market research business, and you'll find Westat among the leaders of the pack. A statistical survey organization, – Read more