Westchester Community College Employee Reviews

Underpaid
Computer Information Systems Intern (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 14, 2018
It was a lot of work. I am Underpaid for I need to do. No raise. Small budget. Good experience. Learned a lot. Fun. IT Dept. Management needs to work on a lot.
work place envirnment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 29, 2017
i would do anything for cleaning and sanitizing to preping to rotating stock and checking the temperature on the refrigerator i would cook entrees, dessert main course and side dish.
Pros
hardworking
Cons
earned and gain experience
Turmoil
Instructor & Curriculum Chair- Paralegal Studies (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 30, 2017
Lots of administrative changes at the time so much turmoil. Some managers are not open to change but most faculty are young and progressive. It's a recipe for disaster.
Very good academic institution but very poor management in certain offices
ESL Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 16, 2017
Opportunities to anonymously review management of the departments should be made available to staff. This is not done in a uniform way and can lead to extremely ineffective management styles.
Excellent teachers
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 13, 2017
The teachers were competent and professional in obtaining knowledge and help for the students. The work study jobs were very correlated to the students degree study.
Pros
various Degree plans.
Cons
Need more work study jobs
Meeting with people everyday talking about aid
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 3, 2017
Some days were long some were busy and felt short, There was never a shortage of laughs. I love meeting people so i enjoyed anyone i sat with. And we always had a good time.
Great environment
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 3, 2017
Everyone is supportive and very helpful. I feel great when i go to work. Its an environment that fosters your growth. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Adjunct Professor in Respiratory Care
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 5, 2017
As an Adjunct Professor, student's came to me at local Hospital where I worked, for learning experiences. My main job was Coordinator Pulmonary Lab at this local Hospital. My job description included student clinics during October each year. Students were enrolled in the Respiratory Therapy program at the local college. These clinics were part of their course work.
Inspiring place to work
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 21, 2017
It's great that WCC continuously offers development training for staff, teachers and adjuncts to sharpen their teaching and technical skills. They also incorporate new courses to broaden the scope of a curriculum, which gives the students more of a selection.
Pros
The development training courses are free
Cons
Development classes fill up quickly
n/a
College Technician (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 13, 2017
The environment is higher education and there are constantly new things to be learned. The students make the job amazing because there is a constant aura of creativity and discovery from the minds of tomorrows future leaders.
Helpful colleagues with uncertain schedule
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 11, 2017
As an adjunct I get classes almost last minute. There are a lot of changes because of the new administration.
The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty. I love to work with the students, I learn a lot from them. The colleagues (either full time or part time) at the department are very helpful; we change notes, exams etc.
Pros
Flexible schedule, helpful colleagues.
Cons
The tension between administration and faculty is very high:(
Great Job
Payroll Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 28, 2017
I loved this job. The people who worked there were very helpful and understanding. Busy but not overwhelming work day, consisting of filing and alphabetizing, answering calls, etc.
excellent
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  counselingMay 30, 2017
it is a nice environment. I love my job and I love the diversity of the student body. It is a wonderful experience and i will always cherish my time.
Organized, friendly, convinient
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 15, 2017
Great place for student workers, you can choose own working schedule. Everyone is hard working and friendly as well as caring, create a relaxed enviromemt for everyone.
Pros
Work hours due to own school schedule
Cons
Low pay for student workers in work study
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
Great place to work I love helping people with their needs. The employees are wonderful and helpful and the environment is a wonderful pace to be. ...
The most enjoyable part of the job
Spanish Professor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 22, 2017
I enjoy teaching, because it helps students learn Spanish, and it is rewarding to see the progress they make over a semester. I believe I also add to their personal development as a person.
Great side job
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR, Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 21, 2017
Excellent opportunity for working professionals to share their expertise with future professionals. Adjuncting here is an opportunity to create a better and smarter workforce by taking the opportunity to share the knowledge necessary for success.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Students are not very driven
Westchester Community College is a good place to work in
Adjunct Professor of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 13, 2017
The Head of Department aand other colleagues are friendly and always ready to give assistance in sorting out issues.
the workplace culture is good and friendly
Teaching students is the most enjoyable part of the job.
I know no hardest part of the job
The ideal teaching experience for ESL Adjuncts
Adjunct Professor, English Language Institute (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 7, 2017
The students are dedicated and and the facilities are modern. The students are friendly and understand the value of education. The site is clean and has updated technology in the classrooms.
Very welcoming work community.
Payroll Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 4, 2017
I loved this job because the staff was very helpful and supportive. The environment was very welcoming and clean. My duties were always done on time as well as efficiently.
Pros
Free lunch.