Westchester Community College Employee Reviews in United States

tbh not sure
office assistant (Current Employee) –  valhalla, nyOctober 24, 2015
tbh not sure what to say, its a work in progress, things are changing, new president, hopefully it is a good thing. I really have nothing more to say.
Quality work experience
Angel-Tech - Volunteer IT consultant (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 20, 2015
I'm at an on-call basis as a student's personal IT consultant. I'm assigned to one student at a time. I help student with troubleshooting and tutorials.
I wore many hats at Westchester Community College. As a counselor/instructor/faculty member. Management was not fair amongst colleagues.
Counselor/Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Faculty (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 12, 2015
Loved working with students, both academically advising, teaching and counseling. Management was non supportive, red tape and politics. Benefits were great. Working alongside my colleagues and learning from them was gratifying. All additional seminars and online convenience for my students to contact me. I was the only social lworker in a college of 33,000 students and was overworked. Management would not go the extra mile to hire other socialworkers.
Pros
Benefits, student life, constantly growing and meeting new people.
Cons
Overworked, no budget for the sole pioneer social worker, no communication with administration.
Well prestigious company in transition
Analytical Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 29, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day at work is the rewarding futures that I am helping to build, teach, and produce lifelong learners.

When my students are motivated they do their best and when I can help build in that motivation and produce great retention for successful outcomes/graduation, then I have completely did my job.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Too less of benefits
productive and nice
PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 18, 2015
The enivironment was nice to work in and the coworkers were very friendly as were the management. The most enjoyable part was that i was able to do a job that i really enjoyed and wanted since i was a child. i loved teaching my peers.
Pros
quiet place
Cons
worked only as peer tutor
A Great Music Department
Professor of Music (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYApril 28, 2015
This was the perfect job. I developed my own classes and exams. It was a 5 minute walk from my home, and the staff was supportive and helpful in every way possible. I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
State of the art recording studios and lecture halls.
Cons
None.
Lovely place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 17, 2015
Students are amazing and the faculty support is excellent. The only negative is that they do not have any full-time professor positions opening.
cool
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 16, 2015
this jobwas very good I really appreciate it and it has help me to succeed in my life. As a administrative assitan I was able to work and it really help me.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
a stimulating educational environment
Adjunct Instructor of speech (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Excellent community college where I work in Speech Communication Department. I teach required introductory speech course which is very fulfilling as I feel the requirements of various communication skills (speaking, listening, organization, critical thinking, etc.) are very valuable to students. I work under the supervision of the Chair of the Communications Department, who challenges the professors to include online assignments and find creative solutions to problems. I find seeing the growth of my students the most exciting as they move from frightened speakers to more fluent, structured and self-confident communicators. The hardest part is seeing students give up and drop the class because of their discomfort with speaking before giving it a chance in the supportive environment I create.
Pros
diverse student body
Cons
lack of contact with other adjunct intructors
already submitted a review
Junior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 20, 2014
the people were pleasant loved the work environement, learned a lot
Can't hold a candle to the program
New York State Certified Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 4, 2014
There is not many EMT training courses like this one. This does not just teach from the book like many other programs. Theyinclude a lot of real world simulation and explain the "why" instead of the "just do this because the book says to".
Wonderful environment
Work Study Program-Office Clerk/Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
I worked at the extension center in Mount Vernon, Ny in the Academic Support Center and it proved to be a wonderful experience for me.
Wesctchester Community College
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 22, 2014
A typical day on the job is me addressing professors and students computing needs.
I have learned from this job how to be patient, and try to help people to the best of my ability. and if I cannot to get the help they need and then follow-up.
The hardest part of the my job would be in the summer when its just maintaining the system.
I like when I have more than one person to help. I love multitasking.
Pros
working when some great people who know media and computer hardware
Cons
no benefit, no advancement
Fun,Interesting and Get-togethers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 15, 2014
As the Administrative Assistant I greeted all kinds of people throughout the day. Some days there were meetings in which all we did was eat and converse a bit. I filed a little, learned how to laminate documents and received my first experience handling money during one of our book sales. All of my co-workers were amazing! They were kind, helpful and answered any questiones I had. I really enjoyed my job.
Pros
free lunches, lots of amazing co-workers
Cons
n/a
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 15, 2014
Helping others with information and be a great customer service help.
Nice place to work
Office/Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYJune 1, 2014
Nice place to work. friendly co workers and officials.
feeling good work with Westchester community college.
A good place to work, especially if you're a student
File Organizer/ Registar (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 30, 2014
This job was a great experience as far a working in a office environment. Friendly ppl, and decent employers.
Pros
decent office setting and nice emplyees
Fun working with different people.
Tutorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 6, 2014
• Assist undergraduates with College algebra, Beginning Algebra, Functions & Models.
• Explain and help explore different solutions to a problem.
• Prepare students for exams & upcoming class tests.
• Answer questions involving Exams and test corrections.
• Help students complete homework problems.
• Worked with disabled kid.
Pros
fun working with different people.
Cons
no healthcare
great for kids who have no work ethic
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 28, 2014
The job is good for a person looking to make a few bucks and work short term. after that i suggest one find another source of income. this job for me, was not a good experience. The people that worked their in that particular department, are decent honest people. what i learned, is that physical demanding jobs will never be respected or given a fair and objective pay grade. The people that do the dirty work make it possible for those who don t, to look down on them. the most
enjoyable part of the job was the animals. the animals treat you better than some people do. animals don't look at other creatures like we do.
Pros
natures beauty
Cons
dead animal removal, especially in the rain, kids of today
Fun place to work and learn from responsabilities
Jr. Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was to talk to customers and setting up the appointment when was convenient for them

4.2