Westchester Community College

Westchester Community College Employer Reviews

County Sponsored College - -
Development Associate (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYMarch 5, 2014
A quality education driven by professionals and staff who truly have an interest in the student body.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYFebruary 12, 2014
Great place to work.Management were very understanding and supportive.
evening hours 2 days a week due to enrollment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYNovember 16, 2013
Pros: i teach the real estate continuation classes, i have the freedom of creating new classes
Cons: large campus
Due to enrollment, I co-teach with 2 other instructors on the real estate salespersons course.
WCC ESL PROGRAM
Adjunct Professor, English as a Second Language (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: good hourly pay, technology-based classrooms, great managers
Cons: semester to semester teaching, inconsistent work times
Among the awesome camaraderie of teachers and program directors, we have the fantastic, motivated students who make shlepping out four nights a week to our classrooms worth it!
The people there were very nice
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch and nice people
Cons: pay wasn't great.
The job was nice, people were nice but the pay was an hourly job and in order to work there full time you need to take the Civil Service Exam.
Taught 2 courses
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), goodOctober 16, 2013
Students were mostly mature and glad to be going back to school
WORK PLACE
SCIENCE TUTORIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYJuly 29, 2013
STAFF WAS GREAT ADMINISTRATION COULD BE MUCH BETTER. MANY FILES WERE LOST BY OTHER DEPARTMENTS, MAKING IT HARD TO ASSIST STUDENTS.
Clean and productive workpland for student radiographers
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Westchester< NYMarch 26, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: students sometimes give up too soon; that where i come in to encourage them.
A typical workday included attendance, working with each students to assess their work, what their needs were, determining what a I need to do for each student to achieve their goals for the day and reviewing with the students things that must be performed for the day. Making corrections, recommendations and a positive and negative assessment at the – more... end of the day was included.

I learned to interact with others, how to assess work, how to make improvements, how to be assertive, how to be and express concern,
how to keep my composure and how to influence others.

Working with students is a joy for me. I did not consider it hard. There were some challenges, but they improved our skills.

I enjoyed seeing the difference in the students at the end of the term. I enjoyed experiencing the transformation that is required. The end product, the confidence that was developed or exposed in each is amazing.

Overall rating was excellent. – less
College atmosphere; staff not treated as well as professors/administrators.
Assistant (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYMarch 13, 2013
Pros: unknown--it's just a job, no real perks, no google rooms.
Cons: it is all about appearances of fairness and equity; promises without reality.
Some love it here; some don't. Civil service system is flexible for some; not flexible at all for others regarding advancement. Rules are bent when convenient; adhered to when also convenient. But, some love it here. Commute isn't bad; parking can be rough.
An good job for someone with no experience.
Janitorial Maintenance (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: allowed me to work at my own pace, didn't have to check in with someone every hour
Cons: some of the messes with awful, i was usually by myself
The job had me clean up the many art rooms in the WCC art department which tended to be very messy, but it kept me busy and very active.
Amazing Environment
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), valhalla, nyJanuary 8, 2013
I love my job at westchester community college, I get to work with students who want to learn mathematics. My co workers are either fellow friends, or colleagues who are also professors on campus and they are all amazing people. Management is scarce, but we run the center on our own and high authorities are also very nice and they work well with us – more... the tutors. The hardest part is when students expect us to give us answer and not teach, the most enjoyable is when I get students thanking me for helping them, and then hearing later that they received good grades directly from my help. – less
Excellent experience working and gaining professional knowledge
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee), Valhalla, New YorkDecember 9, 2012
Pros: great experience, much respect
Cons: parking on campus is a challenge
I had a wonderful time and continue to do so. I teach Basic Writing, Composition and Literature 1 and 2, and tutor for all English classes.
Great working environment.
Scholarship Assistant (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYSeptember 23, 2012
This job allows you to make a difference in people's life everyday.
Great School, Great functions
Adjunct Professor - Sociology (Current Employee), Valhalla, New YorkMarch 21, 2012
I had a great experience here. I was only able to teach one class a semester. I wish that there were more opportunities to teach here over the summer.