Westchester Jewish Community Services Employee Reviews

Good People, Bad Management
Care Coordinator Health Homes Program (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 20, 2016
There are a few benefits to working here, but it honestly depends on the program. From personal experience, I can tell you that some programs enable and appoint certain unqualified people to management or supervisor positions, while they make qualified employees watch. There is no room for growth or advancement in the positions, unless you become "besties" with supervisors and Directors. No stable management in specific programs.
Pros
tight nit offices, decent pay.
Cons
people talk behind your back, management always looks to cover each others behinds, lots of office tension.
Mental Health
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYJune 6, 2016
I had a great experience at WJCS and learned so much. I had a wonderful supervisor and co-workers The location was great at the time because I lived in Peekskill.
Flexibility of hours worked
Consultant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 10, 2015
I work on an on call basis. I work primarily with the clients, and their caretakers. I enjoy being able to help the clients, in areas where they need assistance. I enjoy what I do, and am seeking a job that will provide me with more hours.
Pros
Direct contact with clients and hours
Cons
Not enough hours
If You Know The Right People You're Safe Working Here
Clinic Secretary (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 17, 2015
But if your supervisor decides not to like you anymore, they find ways to make your job end. No HR Dept. support when something happens.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Holidays
Cons
Supervisor inept; no support when work is overloaded.
making my clients day go better
Companion (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 18, 2015
I love my job and what I do. The most enjoyable part about my job is making my clients day a better one. A typical day is preparing breakfast and getting the person dressed and ready to start their day. I keep them busy by making them laugh, playing cards or doing puzzles. sometimes looking threw pictures. I've learned that each person had different personalities that make each one unique. the hardest part is when dealing with a client who may be suffering from dementia.
Pros
you are your own boss basically
Cons
work with wonderful clients
already reviewed
Family Matters Clinician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 19, 2015
great supervision, low salaries, good training. Good co workers, interesting case load
Fun place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Helping individuals to become more independent in their daily life skills.
Pros
meet new people and recieves training in cpr, first aid etc.
Productive and helpful
Counselor Trainer (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at my job can be very hectic. I work the morning shift and I assist the residents in performing their ADL's, I go on medical appointments, I perform Secretary work regarding the Residents. I fill out data books concerning the Residents, daily behavior. I have a great relationship with the management team at hand. We get along pretty well, and we have meetings to collaborate ideas on improving the overall job performance and the well being of the Residents. My co-workers are the best we come together as one body to produce great team work, which exhibits a delightful work environment for the Residents and the staff. Things just run smooth. The hardest part about my job is experiencing death within the Residency and the staff. We are like a big family and to lose a member is extremely painful. The most enjoyable part of my job is serving the needs of the population in which we serve.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Getting stuck at work
See the overall improvement of the individuals
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYOctober 28, 2013
Provided assistance, services and support to the clients daily living. Assist the clinets to achive their individual goals and objectives. Complete all documents, records and reports.
Special ed aide/ volunteer
Special Ed Aide Volunteer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 17, 2013
A great place that inspired me to devote my time to Autism in my career. I helped to tutor school-age children on the autism spectrum in different subjects. They included reading, writing, math, organizational and study skills.
Not What They Advertise To Be
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 4, 2013
Just be sure to get your EXACT offer in writing. They tend to change their mind about certain things on a whim. And if you leave on your own accord, they will not provide a reference other than dates employed. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Secretary
Clinic Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 30, 2013
I worked with the Clinic Director directly one on one. I balance our books as far as petty cash and the money that came in and out of the office. I schedule the appointments for our Psychiatrist and our clinicians. I learned to be patient with people. The hardest part of the job was none to be honest.
professional and allows growth
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 13, 2013
good, fund, organized
i learned to carry an organized meeting and new techniques
management was provide monthly and every two weeks
co-workers were medium and rating, no team work
Job Searching
Weekend Counselor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYDecember 7, 2012
Helpful website. Its a great place to work, very rewarding.
Great people to work with
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 13, 2012
Great supervisor and great director. The hardest part is balancing work and outside life.
good company for a student in school
Direct care Trainer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 12, 2012
Good company for a student in school to learn in the ins and out of the social work field. The advancement does not seem to happen at a high rate within, But the company is a company that needs to improve in a few aspects such as technology and training within.
Pros
benefits are pretty good
Cons
culture/ value

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westchester Jewish Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Westchester Jewish Community Services Reviews by Location