Westchester Jewish Community Services Employee Reviews

Starter job
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 8, 2017
It is a starter job and has no room for growth. Pay is set and not based on higher education. People gossip too much. Payroll and HR are not helpful.
Pros
Low cost health care and close to my ho e
Cons
Low salary
Development at Westchester Jewish Community Services
Development Officer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 25, 2017
Working for Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS) has been amazing. The culture here is professional, with a relaxed supportive caring environment.

My director has been nothing but supportive. She has taught me many management skills and has given me consistent encouragement. She is a true leader with strong interpersonal skills.

Our department is small for a 40 million dollar budgeted organization.

The overall culture at WJCS is extremely professional and they do amazing work. WJCS has over 80 programs serving the Westchester community from cradle to coffin and everything in-between.

The programs are all evidence based practices and very professional.

Management has been very supportive and understanding of life's issues as well. They encourage your ideas and expect your very best performance.

The hardest part of the job would be lack of staff in my particular department, Development Department. This is due to lack of funding abilities.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant fulfillment of knowing you are part of a large, mark making non-profit organization. WJCS is celebrating its' 75th anniversary and continues to be an innovative leader in the mental health area who I am proud to be a part of.

WJCS has been a wonderful learning experience for me.
Pros
Lots of days off, supportive environment
Cons
Extra work load
Relaxed Enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 16, 2017
A typical day at work in which every one greets each other with care, what made this Job easy was when my co workers pitch in to make life easier. No hasel
Pros
Close to home
Cons
not enough hours
good
Youth Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and children. Together we did alot of activities that were education, recreational, and family oriented. This was a simple after school job for teens in high school.
gained much experience and knowledge
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 31, 2017
Cooperative co-workers, diligent directors and very experienced in there fields. Work friendly environment. Very cooperative for personal emergencies.
This was an AWESOME learning experience for me
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 12, 2017
I was a Social Work Intern for a school based mental health clinic. In my opinion, WJCS provided me with a wonderful learning experience. My supervisor was very supportive, resourceful, and attentive.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Honest work for a good cause
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
WJCS sets the standard for service across the board. They not only deliver on promised services to the community but also to their employees. If they were located in Maryland I would be seeking a transfer.
Pros
Family Flexibility
Cons
non at this time
Don't work for them
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJuly 7, 2017
When I first began my career I thought this was going to be my forever place. I was fired a few years ago since I had a side job as a psychic. I only spent me about ny side job if asked by a coworker or patient. I was not looking to make money from patients. As a single mom. My kids came first
Pros
Lots of time off to be with my kid
Cons
Crazy boss
Hostile workplace
Clinician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 16, 2017
This was the worst place I ever worked. The culture appears to be caring, but it is rotten to its core. The Supervisors are dishonest. Diversity is key to hiring. The most qualified person does not always get the job. Watch you back if hired
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
People, no room for growth, low salary
Mental health agency
Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 30, 2017
This is a 9-5 company with a 35 hour work week. It has many small departments so there is not much room for promotion. They have locations all over Westchester. Their system of doing things may be a bit outdated.
Pros
Casual Fridays, summer hours, lots of holidays
Cons
not much room for promotion
It a good company to work for
State Registered Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  North White Plains, NYMay 29, 2017
I love working with them very good company .they give seminars they have charity organization if you are going through problems
You someone to talk
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
dishonest and unhealthy
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee) –  white plains nyApril 29, 2017
Pay is low with no room for growth. this job made me ill . worst place i ever word. if they like you are a minority you are protected and will be respected.
Pros
nothing
Cons
decline in your health
Run away
RN (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 23, 2017
Pay is lhorrible and very poor. managers expect blood. This place made me sick and gave me panic attacks. People are clicky and stay in their circles, it is a grown up version of mean girls
Pros
Annual pay increase
Cons
Low pay, stress, high productivity expected
Very caring staff
Program Director - POINT Program (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 2, 2017
Would report to management numerous times a day and have to run out to fulfill program mandates as well. Management wanted things that were seemingly out of the realm of possibility and put the pressure on the Program supervisor to make the impossible possible.
Pros
excellent HR division
Cons
short tempers and unrealistic expectations
Good People, Bad Management
Care Coordinator Health Homes Program (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 20, 2016
There are a few benefits to working here, but it honestly depends on the program. From personal experience, I can tell you that some programs enable and appoint certain unqualified people to management or supervisor positions, while they make qualified employees watch. There is no room for growth or advancement in the positions, unless you become "besties" with supervisors and Directors. No stable management in specific programs.
Pros
tight nit offices, decent pay.
Cons
people talk behind your back, management always looks to cover each others behinds, lots of office tension.
Mental Health
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYJune 6, 2016
I had a great experience at WJCS and learned so much. I had a wonderful supervisor and co-workers The location was great at the time because I lived in Peekskill.
I love going to work every week day morning
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYNovember 15, 2015
Thankful for WJCS they gave me the opportunity to grow and learn. Thanks for the clients who taught me a lot about myself. Thankful for the 13 years there.
Flexibility of hours worked
Consultant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 10, 2015
I work on an on call basis. I work primarily with the clients, and their caretakers. I enjoy being able to help the clients, in areas where they need assistance. I enjoy what I do, and am seeking a job that will provide me with more hours.
Pros
Direct contact with clients and hours
Cons
Not enough hours
If You Know The Right People You're Safe Working Here
Clinic Secretary (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 17, 2015
But if your supervisor decides not to like you anymore, they find ways to make your job end. No HR Dept. support when something happens.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Holidays
Cons
Supervisor inept; no support when work is overloaded.
making my clients day go better
Companion (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 18, 2015
I love my job and what I do. The most enjoyable part about my job is making my clients day a better one. A typical day is preparing breakfast and getting the person dressed and ready to start their day. I keep them busy by making them laugh, playing cards or doing puzzles. sometimes looking threw pictures. I've learned that each person had different personalities that make each one unique. the hardest part is when dealing with a client who may be suffering from dementia.
Pros
you are your own boss basically
Cons
work with wonderful clients