Westchester Medical Center Employee Reviews

a good place to work and get more experience
Central Sterile Technician | Tech (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYJune 17, 2017
the ability to multi-tasking is very important.
the pay is fair.
the people or co-worked are friendly.
communication is very important, and it is a tool which is mostly used at westchester medical center
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive place to work
Research Assistant Infection Control (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 10, 2017
Research Assistant Infection Control
Monitoring doctors, nurses and other personnel as part of Hand Hygiene Study.
Part time/temporary work.
Professional environment.
Pros
I made my own work schedule
Cons
No able to have the hospital health insurance because of the amount of hours worked.
Poor Management
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 7, 2017
My position as Patient Care Coordinator was most enjoyable as I would meet patients and families who are recently diagnosed with cancer. They were visiting our department for Radiation Therapy. I learned more about this horrible disease, as I would register all ages with cancer diagnosis in all areas of the body. I must report the agency that hired me was a disgrace to label themselves as an organization. The department manager was lacking empathy with dealing with patients emotions and anxieties associated with new ailments, especially terminally ill. This manager micro-managed every little detail without giving any staff the chance to self-correct whatever task was at hand. This agency had the highest turn over of staffing I have every seen. There was a new Director in charge every three months. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients of all ages, making friends in various departments.
Pros
Hot Chocolate was $1.99
Cons
Medical Staffing Network and Optimal Workforce Solutions.
Excellent Trauma Hospital
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 3, 2017
An excellent trauma hospital; many facets of professions for all levels. New construction will lead to a magnificent Ambulatory Surgery Unit. The hardest working nurses in the field.
Pros
Extra shifts available
Cons
Pay not competitive
The childrens hopital is amazing
NICU RN level 4 (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYJune 2, 2017
Staff, management and operations is top of the line. Great place to work concentration on staff development and top quality care. Dynamic fast paced and innovative hospital
great place to work
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 1, 2017
the CNM wasnt very available or friendly during my time here.the other dietitians were cliquey at times but some were super knowledgable and helpful. good learning experience
Very Busy.
Patient Access Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 30, 2017
I registered patients' in a timely manner. Very, very busy environment, I worked in the Emergency Room and I had no time for error. I collected ID's and insurance cards even if the situation were extremely difficult. ( I.E Trauma Patient's. ) This was all done in a matter of up to 5 minutes or less.
I learn alot there and I am extremely greatful for the expereince.
Pros
Pay was very nice.
Cons
Mandated if some one will out.
It's alright.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NY 10595May 28, 2017
It's alright. They give you a chance to upgrade to PCT so that's cool. This was my first hospital job, so it was a great experience, and i wouldn't trade it for all the nursing homes in the world. I actually like my nurses too.
Pros
Good nurses. 12 hr shifts.
Cons
Not flexible with your schedule at all. Not accommodating at all.
cardiology
Data entry and confirmation call (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMay 24, 2017
wide variety of help for trauma and patient with cardiac issues, interventionalist are great. Many knowledgeable physicians. Has the medical center and private practice.
Productive workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 23, 2017
great place to work and friendly staff. Room for growth is there. the work place is very medical ish because it is a hospital but nonetheless it is a great place to work.

Want to know more about Westchester Medical Center?

Ask a question
Very organized and clean center
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2017
It's a great work area, you'll find very nice employees willing to help and treat patients the right way. I had an amazing experience working at west Chester.
Pros
Organization
Supportive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 16, 2017
Management and coworkers always very supportive. Management readily available, even on night shifts and weekends. Continued education is valued. Enjoyable workplace.
Great hospital
Patient Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 26, 2017
This was a great place to work. We had a good union that fought for our rights and higher pay as well as better benefits. They really cared about their employee.
Fun Place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 11, 2017
The job was wonderful the nurses really care alot about the patients and how the unit clerks collaborate together for an easy flow of patient care and productivity!!
Pros
Working beside the best nurses and staff!!
Cons
Compensation
Stressful Place to Work
Admitting Clerk/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 8, 2017
Working here was very stressful because of management. Their over all expectations of employees was very demanding and unappreciated. the hardest part of the job was never knowing when you would have to work a double shift.
Employees are great, lots of different activities in the summer
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 5, 2017
I love my co workers, great team, work well together, typical day- get in and start working on my accounts- which are about 50-60 daily- call insurance to verify if authorzations are on file for pts coming to have procedures done at the hospital- lots of follow up on accounts
Need better health insurance, also management could be alittle more understanding and show some compassion and work better with their employees. If your employees arehappy, they will break their backs for you, they will go above and beyond to get the job done.
Pros
over time, summer time activities
Cons
health insurance, time off, Pto
great experience
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 26, 2017
great learning experience but horrible management. It lacks team work. this is a very hostile work enviornment. hard to go to work everyday. but the facility is state of the art
Cons
short breaks, over worked
Clean
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMarch 23, 2017
Clean and friendly atmosphere. Busy office. Not much growth within the department. There is potential for growth but not financially supported. Commute to and from is easy.
enjoyed working with very kind fun supportive team of chaplains and interdisciplinary team
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 22, 2017
grabbing triggers in the morning having good motivational engagement with team members throughout the day sharing experiences helping each other. sharing encounters with patients with peers getting constructive feedback from supervisor and peers. monthly department meeting reviewing functional competitive activity of the department. working on the improvement goals as a team. getting great experience of being trauma level I and II chaplain
Pros
great kind team
Cons
hospital going through transition at the moment
Was a very nice hospital
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 22, 2017
I would come in and process my patients for the day. I mostly worked with whatever Nurse was on duty that day, but I really enjoyed the job, most of the Doctors and Nurses were very nice.
Pros
Lunches brought in by Medical Reps

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westchester Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Westchester Medical Center Reviews by Location