Westchester Medical Center

Westchester Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Westcheser Medical Center Volunteer (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYMarch 30, 2015
The environment was very nice and refreshing. There was no drama and everyone was very professional. It was like working with friends.
Opportunity to meet great peaople
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Vacation/Benefit Days
Cons: Not much opportunity for growth
I am an administrative assistant for a parking company contracted with Westchester Medical Center. When I arrive at work, I begin gathering up reports on revenue made the previous day. I verify that all cashiers' intake of money and cash reports are accurate and log them into a data base to then be faxed out to corporate. In the midst of this, I am answering phone calls, responding to emails from clients, and provide customer service to any customers who enter my office. I also log in monthly payments that are made by employees of the hospital. Toward the end of my shift, I usually stock up any reports and materials needed for my office or cashiers outside for the following day.
The most important thing I've learned here is communication skills. Between constant direct contact with everyday customers and clients of the company, I have learned a great deal of communication skills. I've learned to speak deliberately and effectively along with maintaining organizational skills in an often fast paced environment.
Management at my company are great people. However, I believe they can make some improvements in everyday operations as well as employee appreciation.
I absolutely love my co workers. Our office is relatively small so I'm pretty fortunate to be paired up with three lovely dedicated women. It makes the day go that much smoother!
The hardest part of my job would probably be dealing with Long term patients who come to buy monthly parking passes. We may deal with families who are angry, sad, sometimes in tears for whatever reason they have being at the hospital. They tend to come down and vent to us about what's going on with them or their loved ones and our costs and policy can be sometimes inconvenient so its important to show compassion while still enforcing the policy despite how much I may disagree with it.
The most enjoyable part is my co-workers. We exercise great team work and I can say Iv'e met some long term friends here.
Work Day
Vital Records/Birth Certificate (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I work in a very busy Hospital in Westchester County. My day is always busy with less supervision high call volume attending to the Doctors when needed. Checking email on the daily. Entering birth Certificate for the State and making sure it is out in a timely matter. I also talk to the patients regarding the forms they are filling in I work very close with the nurses and managers also attend meeting to make sure our numbers are matching the the States.
High energy, fun staffing office with great learning experiences
Nursing Staff Coordinator/Bilingual Hospital Clerk (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people and great time
Cons: high stress and high demand on each member of the team
Westchester Medical Center (WMC) is a level 1 Trauma Center and has the best Nursing staff ever. Working in the Nursing Resource Center ( Nurse Staffing Office) is a very demanding position, but you learn a lot. We were a 13 staff office which ran the Staffing office 24/7. We dealt with a nursing staff of about 2000 RNs, NAs, HCs, etc. We did their schedules, timecards, time and leave, and also made sure that the floors were staffed to the proper Nurse/Patient Ratio for each floor and each specialty. I handled the NPs and PAs. I handled all their schedules, timecards, OT approvals in the Kronos system after VP or Director's approval, either written or verbal. Each day was different from the other. We became a close knit office and a strong team. To this day we keep in contact.
Poor managment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: decent pay, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, no benefits, no advancement, zero life/work balance
Busy patient flow, but very outdated software which means you must go through endless screens of the same information for every single patient. No formal training is offered but you will be written up and or suspended for making a mistake. Extremely poor management, verbal abuse, intimidation and threats that leads to a revolving door atmosphere within the department. The best part of the job is the pay. The hardest part of the job is not being able to make any personal plans because of the way that management handles the time off. They expect you to stay on the job but refuse to pay you for your time during "perceived" emergencies,ie, inclement weather that "may prevent" administrative support employees from getting to work.
Great working in a Hospital
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYFebruary 9, 2015
 Prepares electronic data for medical billing purposes VALHALLA, NY
 Inputs any computer data (or paperwork) for further clearance
 Monthly Accounts Receivable to validate insurance payments
 Insurance verification/eligibility, confirming receipt of authorizations
 Ensuring all patients have clearance for their X-rays, Scans, Tests etc.
Good work environment
Registered Nurse NICU (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: schedule
The most rewarding part of my job is going to the NICU reunion party and reuniting with all of the patients and families that meant so much to me.
Sterilizing surgical instrument performed on a patient
Volunteer Central Service Technician (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYFebruary 2, 2015
I am an ambitious and outgoing individual who is driven to succeed in any environment. I love to lean new things so that I may increase upon the knowledge and skills I have already gained.
Facing new challenges is something that I welcome with the intent to surpass them. I work well in a groups as well as with others on individual bases; however I do not allow others to do my work for me. In addition to being an efficient worker I am also a self starter. I am looking for a position where I can develop and grow whilst putting my best forward. I hope to enhance the experience of my employer, fellow employees as well as individual I come in contact with
Nice Place to work
Hospital Clerk/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: i learned kronos and good at it
Cons: cannot fill all the staffing holds with limited staffs
I had incredible experience with WMC. It was challenged, excited and demandable work place. I was working without break everyday.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and they made me laugh. We cared for each other.
westchester medical center
Environmental Services Housekeeper (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Westchester medical center is the employer ,Liberty Health Care Corp is the contractor .IT is the hospital and they hire some company as contractor as im working for one of them.
Great Experience
Courier (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: lunch
Everyday was unpredictable in a great way because in the hospital you never know what kind of condition a patient will come in with.
Medical Records File Clerk (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYDecember 11, 2014
I enjoy working in Medical Records It's a field that I have previous experience in and enjoy doing and also enjoy patient interaction.
Productive and professional work Place
Senior Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYDecember 1, 2014
A typical day at work. Consist of helping patients with there daily cares, help assisting with meals walking patient, daily vital signs, answering call bells, abulating pts from bed to chair, putting pts information in computer, emptying foleys, monitoring pts glucose, changing linen, turning and positioning pts and stocking the servers with linen.

What I learned is to listen. And to understand what people are going through,and just being there for them.

Management has been supportive at times. But needs to be more understanding of the work load that one has to endure.

My co-workers that I have worked with has been awesome. We have always worked well together.

The hardest part of the job. Is when your shift is over and you leave your patient who is not doing well, And you come back to work and they have expired.

The most enjoyable part of the job. Is working with your peers that wants to get the job done!
worked on medical surgical floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYNovember 22, 2014
I worked on a medical- surgical floor that specialized in liver and kidney transplants. I learned to insert peripheral IVs, do peritoneal dialysis for patients, and interpret cardiac rhythms. My day at work would involve caring for patients who are waiting for liver and kidney transplants, patients who had received kidney and liver transplants and patients who had vascular surgeries. My co-workers consisted of a team of dedicated medical professionals who were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job, since it is a busy floor, was to prioritize patient needs and intervene appropriately. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the patients get better and discharge them home.
Executive Office for Westchester Medical Center
Executive Assistant to Two Senior Vice Presidents (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: large company, room for growth
Cons: short term job - couldn't extend
My day consisted of constant phone calls to various doctors, Presidents, Vice-Presidents of companies or departments from various hospitals/organizations. I kept the calendar for two of the Senior Vice Presidents in the office.
Management was very helpful and always assessible. What I didn't know they taught me and I was able to pick it up and keep thins going.
My co-workers also were very helpful. There were only a few of us in the office, but we all got along well.
The hardest part of the job was showing one of my bosses that I was I was highly capable of handling the job. I did very soon. He just was not impressionable in the beginnning.
The most enjoyable part of the job to me was the challenge in itself. I accepted the challenge, particularly when I had to show and prove to one of the Sr. Vice Presidents. I accept any challenge as long as there's the glory of a victory at the end, and even if not, I still learned something that I didn't know before.
productive work environment, opportunity to learn a great deal.
Float Senior Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYOctober 22, 2014
• Assisting Nurses and patients, taking vital signs, 1-1 patient coverage for protective/clinical observation
Working in various departments ranging from ICU to Behavioral Health center/Psychiatric Ward to geriatrics, oncology, trauma, detention ward and Pediatrics
okay
Nursing Aide (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYOctober 1, 2014
Cons: no benefits or growth opportunities
patient care assist with daily living activities vital signs and bloodwork
Good work eviornment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Good work enviornment but needs to improve compensation/ benefits for employess contracted/ employeed by APS.
Patient Care Coordinator
Unit Clerk / Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), ValhallaSeptember 6, 2014
Cons: no benefits
you are in a assign unit i fell a lot of people wasn't properly training
Worst hospital working environment for case management.
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYAugust 25, 2014
I've never experienced such a harsh working environment in my life. The VP of Care-Coordination needs psychotherapy. She is a monster to almost all her underlings, except for the one or two who are able to brown-nose really well. One of the worst places I've ever worked.

1 2 3 4 5

About Westchester Medical Center

An academic hospital affiliated with New York Medical College, Westchester Medical Center provides advanced medical care to the – Read more

Westchester Medical Center Salaries