Westchester Medical Center

Westchester Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
I learned to work as a Team Player, supported, advancement . I have a great Team that I worked with daily. I reviewed reports, financials, ensure customer satisfaction and ensured the Team continued to grow and learn. I provided developments and growth. Performed appraisals and recruitment for jobs.
Productive and nice work environment
Radiation Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 21, 2016
a good atmosphere to work in and a good medical system, with good management and friendly work environment.I learned about the westchester medical health system and enjoyed my time there.
workplace
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 10, 2016
Great workplace to be at, the job was great. Everyone was great. The people were amazing. The job was a part time position and the pay was good for a start.
productive and great place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYDecember 11, 2015
management was a great support, co-works always helped each other out. a typical day at work was data entry for patients, doctors and nurses.
Enjoyable & challenging place to work
Cardiac Cath Lab Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 6, 2015
This position is always busy from scheduling to precerting procedures. I've learned certain medical terminology to perform my job successfully. Staying organized is key!!
Fast pace enivorment
Head Food & Nutrition Host (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NyOctober 5, 2015
Fun place to work at, enjoyed working there, and a fast pace environment. The only down fall is scheduling. It is very hard to work somewhere that demands you to work from 6am-9pm, and trying to go to school as well.
Working in the operating room
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 2, 2015
A typical day in the or is no such thing. Everyday is exciting and something new to look foward to whether it is a general surgery or an incoming trauma surgery. I enjoy my job very much but i would like to add to the community by working part time/per diem at other places, i appreciate time and consideration
Westechester Medical Center
Out Patient Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 9, 2015
When I started at Behavioral Health Center as intake coordinator/ medical biller it was great. Wonderful co workers and supervisor. Our patients attended out patient clinic for individual therapy group therapy and medication management. I was responsible for Intake,registration, billing and obtaining authorization. Once BHC was going to close I was transferred to manage the clinic for internal medicine, not as relaxing. Clinic was a bit chaotic and unorganized because this was a temporary position until manager came back from maternity I did what I needed to keep order. Staff was great. Then WCMC had a huge lay off and unfortunately i was part of it.
Pros
friendly co workers and great patients
Cons
unorganized
Complexity and accuity of patient dignosis and care.
Perdiem Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 6, 2015
I've had a nice learning experience along w/ very supportive knowledgeable co-workers and management. Every patient was a challenge. I've learned about cardiac treatments for CABG, valve replacements, LVAD, heart transplants, and a whole new gama of braces and their purposes and their precautions post trauma. I've learned to listen since there is a different environment for patient care at WCMC. It was too bad that my time there came to an end.

I can not rate job security and the benefits since I was hired on a perdiem basis.
Pros
Nice supportive knowledgeable staff/management.
Cons
Lengthy/tedious documentation
What I have learned and have been doing at my current job
Therapeutic Community Associate (Current Employee) –  Vahalla, NYSeptember 3, 2015
In this position I have been able to provide residential and therapeutic support to children and teenagers in a recovery oriented psychosocial rehabilitation program. I have been able to help with the process of creating and implementing behavioral plans with the guidance of professional multidisciplinary treatment teams. I have been able to participate in team meetings where we discuss and report behaviors of the patient in order to help create and update the patient’s treatment plans. Also, I have been able to participate in and run therapeutic groups with the patients. This job has given me the opportunity to work along side Doctors, Administrators, Nurses, Social Workers, Case Workers and Recreational Therapists.
Great teaching hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 25, 2015
Good hospital depending on what floor you work on. Overall loosely managed and people are not friendly from doctors to ancillary staff.
Pros
Great cafteria, good pay, cutting edge technology
Cons
Poorly run, poor morale
Challenging
Director of Facilities & Engineering (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 22, 2015
Fast paste lots of meetings. Supportive managers and directors. Technology advanced in healthcare. Great amount of red tape and politics is increasing more every month.Great office personnel very supportive
Great place
Sterile Processing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 18, 2015
SIPS Consults commitment to you provides desired results, increased customer satisfaction and financial performance improvement. We will provide leading edge tools and methods to successfully help you become a top performing organization.
Love my job
SENIOR NURSE'S AIDE IN ICU/CCU (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 17, 2015
I love helping sick people and it has always been my passion to work with people who critically need nursing care. Westchester is a Teaching Hospital and takes a huge number of patients from all backgrounds.
Pros
Free health care Insurance
Cons
Unionized
Family Oriented Environment
Neurophysiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYAugust 10, 2015
A typical day at WCMC is very pleasant and rewarding. Your co-workers are not limited to just your department but the entire institution works as a team. The children's hospital is a joy and pleasure to have as an extension to WCMC.

You learn a lot at WCMC due to it being a Level 1 trauma center, there is never a dull moment. It's great for a novist or pro in the medical field.
Pros
Great Commujnity/Institution
Cons
Cafe is in the basment, no windows
Registry Clerk
Cancer Registry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 6, 2015
Most of my daily duties consist of Filing, Scanning, floating around the hospital searching for any documents needed. Attend meeting and seminars.
Pros
Great job over all very friendly emviorment.
Cons
None.
Great working place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for Westchester Medical Center, from pulling patients charts, to verifying appointments to scheduling Doctors order for other studies to verifying medical insurance and acquiring prior authorization was a part of my busy day. Along with my co-workers we were able to accomplish the tasks at hand and were able to execute them as fast and as accurately as possible, our priorities were our patients and attention to detail. The hardest part of my job was to get to know the patients and their families and see some of them pass away at such a young age and the most enjoyable one was watching them survive such terrible disease.
Pros
free lunches, excellent health benifits, wonderfull place to learn
Cons
no room for advancement
Great place to work!
Admitting clerk (Former Employee) –  Valhalla NYJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at WMC in Valhalla, it is a great place for anyone who wants to work overtime and excel at their position.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no room for mistakes
n/a
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 20, 2015
i work with an agency within the company so there is no room for moving up. a typical work day includes following the instructions of the nurses
very exspensive place with very poor pay rates
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  vallhallaJune 3, 2015
since we have been without a union the work load has increased i have learn to be very flexable in work activities and creative in problem solving. our new managers are attentive with our issues concerning job duties.we work as a team so our coworkers are pleasent. Not being paid well is the hardest part of the job. Communication and pleasurable laughter we get from interacting with our clients is the best part of the job.
Pros
meeting wonderful people
Cons
pay

Westchester Medical Center Reviews by Location