Western & Southern Life Employee Review

View all Western & Southern Life reviews

Liked office location and the independence/flexibility of the job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 4, 2013
Always reported to the office each day. Launched at the computer to prepare reports and check on status of policies submitted and if there were any corrections that needed to be made based on not passing the screening process. They sometimes needed more information. I learned about life policies and the different variety available and determining which products best suited the customers needs. I learned to do presentations and to do annual policy reviews; conduct field underwriting. Co-workers were all great to work with. Offering support in understanding the products and what features to focus on when confronted with customers that were in the market for they protection they offered with the benefits some had. Hardest part of the job was getting customers or leads. They didn't advertise and so no one was too familiar with the company even they had been around for so many years. So we had to put out the expense to make them more known to our vicinity. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the appointment(s) and traveling to follow up with them and putting together what they were looking for in protection needs.
Pros
flexibility/Good wages during the training period
Cons
lead system was very weak retirement benefits were cut in half residuals were cut

Other Western & Southern Life Employee Reviews

run from this job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  dayton ohioDecember 12, 2017
micro managing at its finest. manager was always looking over your shoulder. training is a joke . bored out of your mind.no leads or help to get started.3managers in office and 7 sales reps. what a waste of money for company. lied to me about pay and retirement. got in trouble for not having my tie tied, real joke for a manager they treat you like your in grade school.
benefits
Cons
pay and manager
Clerical pay compensation is good but company has poor communication on management structure between sales & clerical
SalesRep/Accts. Receivable Analyst/Dist.Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MO 63640December 12, 2017
A typical day is general office work and servicing walk in clients. To survive this job you will need excellent skills, patience and understanding on how to work with difficult people, both clients, staff and management. Their management structure has poor communication between the divisional, district and local office managers which leaves clerical employees unsure of who has official authority over their job performance. The workplace culture varies tremendously. Hugely depending on the office Sales Manager & Clerical management. During 9 years there I experienced both enjoyable years and some very difficult years. The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job were the same for me...working with other managers, the staff and clients.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
No breaks other than lunch. Extremely conservative strict dress code.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western & Southern Life. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9