Western & Southern Life Employee Review

View all Western & Southern Life reviews

Overall a great place to work at for an older person.
INSUARANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 8, 2014
-Meet with your manager and clerical. Make appointments, calls, and prospecting.
-I've learned a lot about life and health insurance.
-Management there is great.
-Hardest part is getting in front of people/Appointments
-Most enjoyable part is after you make a life insurance sale you feel like you did a good job by helping a family out.

Other Western & Southern Life Employee Reviews

run from this job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  dayton ohioDecember 12, 2017
micro managing at its finest. manager was always looking over your shoulder. training is a joke . bored out of your mind.no leads or help to get started.3managers in office and 7 sales reps. what a waste of money for company. lied to me about pay and retirement. got in trouble for not having my tie tied, real joke for a manager they treat you like your in grade school.
Pros
benefits
Cons
pay and manager
Clerical pay compensation is good but company has poor communication on management structure between sales & clerical
SalesRep/Accts. Receivable Analyst/Dist.Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MO 63640December 12, 2017
A typical day is general office work and servicing walk in clients. To survive this job you will need excellent skills, patience and understanding on how to work with difficult people, both clients, staff and management. Their management structure has poor communication between the divisional, district and local office managers which leaves clerical employees unsure of who has official authority over their job performance. The workplace culture varies tremendously. Hugely depending on the office Sales Manager & Clerical management. During 9 years there I experienced both enjoyable years and some very difficult years. The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job were the same for me...working with other managers, the staff and clients.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
No breaks other than lunch. Extremely conservative strict dress code.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western & Southern Life. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9