Western & Southern Life Employee Review

View all Western & Southern Life reviews

Been with company 6 weeks. So far so good!
Financial Rep (Current Employee) –  NCApril 18, 2014
I've been with W&S for 6 weeks. So far everything the SM and the ASM promised has come to pas (thats if I do what I'm supposed to do). When I come off the gurantee salary I will be making well over 1000 per week. The underwriting is somewhat slow but the SM stated that the tedious underwriting keeps W&S rates competative.
I've seen a lot of bad reviews and based on my experience; these reviews are from folks who just don't want to work. I was told up front that hard work would be required. I put in about 50 hours per week and my days are fast moving. 12 appt per week equal 3-4 good sales. Get a name, See the name and ask the right questions. Find people who work for a living. They are more likely to keep business on the books. So for all those who bash W&S, just try working the system that has been put in place for you to be successful. It works!
Pros
Flexible with Staff Manager
Cons
Slow underwriting

Other Western & Southern Life Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for Hunters and folks who are driven to suceed
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 2, 2018
Great culture, good opportunity, but you have to be comfortable with commission only pay structure. Great benefits for this type of position and the support is good if you're willing to work hard and learn the business. The first year is a steep learning curve on how to become effective and close more sales; reminds me of starting any new business from scratch. The difference is you have good support and in time the salary and benefits will come. Be prepared to probably "starve" in the first 3-18 months; unless you're naturally gifted in sales there's alot to know as your grow your business.
Pros
benefits on a commission only salary; good training w stipend
Cons
highly competive business and some products still catching up to state of the art
Stressful place to work
Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2018
You are always told it is your business, yet you have to run it the way they want you to and when you don't hit the numbers following their way, they hold you accountable. There is a problem with the Orlando office that things get missing and no one seems to know what happened to missing items. You spend too much time in meetings in the office and not enough time in the field!
Pros
Support, Benefits
Cons
Hand Holding, Pay, Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western & Southern Life. Our community is ready to answer.