Western Area Power Administration Employee Reviews

Gone Bitter-Sweet
Software Developer Lead (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 13, 2016
Simply a startup that made big promises and vowed to 'spend someone else's money'. Management was flat: The President was the only manager. Management philosophy is based on the first chapter (I am convinced that is where he stopped reading) of From Good to Great.
Pros
good compensation if you negociate like you dont want the job, no longer exists
Cons
no longer exists
Working shift work for Western Area Power Administration
Transmission and Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2014
Used computer screens for different programs. Updated, changed the data real time. Checked before and after each hour (24/7). Shift work led to a lot of alone time when working nights or weekends. Talking with other utilities was very satisfying.
fullfilling job with great workers
electronics equipment craftsman (Current Employee) –  Miles City, MTOctober 2, 2013
my job had great co workers that were generous on teaching what they could help you with. job provided schools for all of our new equipment. management was a little strange because of them not on hand to judge the workers that were under them. my job was communications and computers so the job had a lot of diversity which made it always interesting.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
having to drive in bad weather
Great Work Environment
Power System Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2013
Co-Workers were great to work with. I learned a lot about the electric industry.
Would not recommend younger self motivated employees to hitch their wagon to Western
Manager Transmission Switching Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2012
Was the most functional/dysfunctional team atmosphere I have ever seen.
People would accuse others of things, and cause time consuming investigations to be carried out damaging reputations and ruining careers without reprecussions to the perpetrator.
Management and employee lying was tolerated.
It was who you knew that counted.
Vindettas and black balling occurred.
Overall buildings, safety programs and ease of work was positive.
Pros
federal benefits-job security
Cons
lousy management, took to much time to accomplish things due to red tape and the napolean syndrom.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Area Power Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3