Western Arizona Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant HR (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 3, 2015
We are very busy everyday. There is always something happened that needs our attention. Most enjoyable part is helping the employees.
Pros
Lot of good people to work with.
Cons
Needs a little more structure with management.
Great Mentors
Director, Risk Management Services (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 24, 2015
I worked at WARMC for 5 years as Director of Risk Management and then the Interim Chief Quality Officer. During this time I had wonderful mentors and I learned much. One of the greatest perks of these positions was my co-workers. I interacted daily with all levels of staff from the CEO to the maintenance staff. These were wonderful people willing to share and learn.
Pros
Supportive learning environment
Cons
Upper management did not always appear to be supportive of staff
Director Risk Management
Director, Risk Management Services (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 1, 2015
I loved my position of Director of Risk Management. A typical day included everything from the legal aspects of healthcare to dealing with disgruntled patients & families.

Early on in my position the management was very supportive & I learned much. The co-workers were good for the most part. Because I chose to work more than an hour from home, I frequently stayed overnight in a hotel or with a friend. Being away from home became the most difficult part of the job.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Healthcare Regulations as well as being a patient advocate.
Pros
Great Job Satisfaction
Cons
High Levels of Stress
Fake Attitudes Here
pharm tech (Former Employee) –  BullheadMay 12, 2015
First, only some of the worst doctors work here,the rest are in Vegas or Havasu. I've been a pharmacy technician for over 10 yrs and was hired here. Within One week I saw computer systems failing, record keeping from 15 yrs ago, and a Human resources director managing pharmacy...... Really???? Stay away if you already have a stable job, I thought I was moving up by doing this, now, just stuck because I didn't fit in the "clique" I guess.
Pros
Good Healthy cafe
Cons
fakeness of attitudes, rude coworkers
small rural hospital where I felt like part of a familyu
Front Desk Clerk/Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 5, 2015
I worked in several different departments and always felt as part of the whole hospital "family" working here. I learned flexibility, accounting and record keeping. Health care regulations and information. I worked in the Emergency Room Patient Admitting as well, and the true emergency situations were the hardest part to be involved in. I had co workers who are still friends.
Pros
Education, Insurance Benefits, personal support and friendship
Cons
Graveyard hours, holiday shifts.
City Hospital
CT Technologist PRN (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 8, 2015
Medium sized city hospital with good upper management that really fosters the patient first mentality. Overall a good place to start a career in healthcare.
Good place to work independently
Single technologist performing general and cardiac (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMarch 31, 2015
Contemporaries and immediate management good to work with but
upper management does not listen to needs of employees and is
controlled by corporate management far away.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
one person on call 24 hrs a day.
Very productive field and educational
Data Entry and Phones (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Typical day in medical records was patient chart analyzing, filing and answering patient calls. Learned new job requirements in the medical field. Co-workers where always helpful. Hardest part of job was learning medical field but in the long run quite educational and enjoyable.
Pros
employees were given free lunches
Cons
n/a
Close-knit group of co-workers
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 15, 2014
A high stress job which entailed billing, coding, customer contact, provider contact, and imminent deadlines.
Pros
always something new to learn
Cons
slow growth opportunities
Exciting, fast-paced work environment
Clinical Supervisor Intensive Care Units (Former Employee) –  ICUDecember 8, 2014
This was my first nursing job so it has fond memories and it was also a place of vast growth for our community so we grew together. I loved this job because there was never a dull moment. I made some of my dearest friends and most precious memories here and I learned most of the ropes of nursing. The hardest part of this job was seeing the facility grow from a small not-for-profit Baptist Hospital to a larger for profit healthcare facility and have the growing pains that go along with this. The most enjoyable part was getting to have some of the bigger advancements that go along with greater healthcare dollars and learning about the costs for each.
Pros
fast-paced, learning, good memories
Cons
changes, management
Sanatize areas in hospital
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 4, 2014
I cleaned offices, rooms of discharged patients, bathrooms, pharmacy, and other miscellaneous areas.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
not enough hours
see previous answer
educational & management topics (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 30, 2014
Good organization to work for, grow with,please see previous review of this organization
Great place to learn!
Registered Nurse Medical (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 3, 2014
I just did a review. why ask again. The people here could learn some people skills.
Co-workers are encouraging and supportive
REGISTERED NURSE/STAFF (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 24, 2014
Typically care for 5-7 patients each shift, discharge and admit patients as well, during each shift. I have learned that having a supportive team makes a world of difference while at work. Co-workers are encouraging and supportive both at work and off the clock. The hardest part of the job for me is keeping up with computer charting. WARMC does not have computers in patient rooms, we use "WOWs". Patient care is truly my most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
location is close to home
Cons
short breaks
never boaring
Staff Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  bullhead city azJanuary 26, 2014
it is a very fast paced floor with many acutely sick patients
I will definitely miss my co-workers. this unit has some of the most amazing staff I have ever worked with.
Pros
good co-workers, all the overtime you could ask for
Cons
hectic and hard on the body
Small Community for Profit Hospital
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 15, 2013
Worked closely with a small group of Physicians for the best possible care of the patients. Some days were very trying due to a large amount of patient turn-over.
I had not worked in such a small community before so I learned how to set up home health care, home oxygen, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, etc.
I enjoyed my co-workers and we worked very well as a team, all of the patients were "Our Patients".
The hardest part of the job was learning what resources were available in the community for our patients.
I enjoy patient care very much and would always try my very best to give them a positive hospital experience. We also had patients returning to us due to long term illnesses and got to know several patients and their families well.
Pros
working with the same people in a small community hospital.
Cons
high patient turn-over.
Amazing working side by sde with doctors all day.
Emergency Room Scribe (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 2, 2013
I love wroking at WARMC in the ER. I chart complete charts for each patient I see with a doctor. My doctor is my boss so I can get immediate feedback about my work.
Pros
great knowledge for future career
Cons
no pto
Current position echo
Echo Tech (Current Employee) –  Echo deptNovember 22, 2013
I'm an echo tech here at Warmc. Every hospital. Has it's issues, but there are no issues in the echo dept ! You work independently. May do 6-9 echos per day . Friendly environment. Apply we need help! A new grad is welcomed to apply and we will train!
Good hospital
Night Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 27, 2013
Good hospital to work in.
Very relax and employees are professional.
Dangerous patient care equipment, uncaring management
X-ray & CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 18, 2013
Stay away from this place if you value your life. Emergency department excellent, all else is the worst hospital I've ever seen.