Western Arizona Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible management and HR department
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 11, 2016
One of the worst places I've ever worked. Management is horrible and cannot be trusted. HR doesn't do anything about problems employees are having either. Not only that, but you work your butt off for minimal pay.. And too many people sit around and don't do their job because they're friends with managers and the people in HR. They think they're all that when they're nothing.. Hello you work at a hospital in BHC! Last, the healthcare sucks, you'd think you'd get awesome benefits but they're horrible.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Healthcare, management, pay
Waste Management
Retail Cashier/Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZFebruary 12, 2016
WARMC spends wasteful dollars in false advertisement. A three day long new hire orientation, followed by monthly 'morale' videos and employee surveys only to fall short on every promise and expectation. A real disappoint. I would not recommend this employer. It was a poor experience.
Pros
Free lunches, the physicans are some of the best
Cons
Poor leadership, inexperienced supervisors
Total screwed up place
radiology (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 22, 2016
Management is the freaking worse I have ever been around, and I have been doing this job a long. Like the person above me "stay away from this deathtrap"
Pros
Cons
Building falling apart
Great Mentors
Director, Risk Management Services (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 24, 2015
I worked at WARMC for 5 years as Director of Risk Management and then the Interim Chief Quality Officer. During this time I had wonderful mentors and I learned much. One of the greatest perks of these positions was my co-workers. I interacted daily with all levels of staff from the CEO to the maintenance staff. These were wonderful people willing to share and learn.
Pros
Supportive learning environment
Cons
Upper management did not always appear to be supportive of staff
Director Risk Management
Director, Risk Management Services (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 1, 2015
I loved my position of Director of Risk Management. A typical day included everything from the legal aspects of healthcare to dealing with disgruntled patients & families.

Early on in my position the management was very supportive & I learned much. The co-workers were good for the most part. Because I chose to work more than an hour from home, I frequently stayed overnight in a hotel or with a friend. Being away from home became the most difficult part of the job.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Healthcare Regulations as well as being a patient advocate.
Pros
Great Job Satisfaction
Cons
High Levels of Stress
Fake Attitudes Here
pharm tech (Former Employee) –  BullheadMay 12, 2015
First, only some of the worst doctors work here,the rest are in Vegas or Havasu. I've been a pharmacy technician for over 10 yrs and was hired here. Within One week I saw computer systems failing, record keeping from 15 yrs ago, and a Human resources director managing pharmacy...... Really???? Stay away if you already have a stable job, I thought I was moving up by doing this, now, just stuck because I didn't fit in the "clique" I guess.
Pros
Good Healthy cafe
Cons
fakeness of attitudes, rude coworkers
small rural hospital where I felt like part of a familyu
Front Desk Clerk/Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 5, 2015
I worked in several different departments and always felt as part of the whole hospital "family" working here. I learned flexibility, accounting and record keeping. Health care regulations and information. I worked in the Emergency Room Patient Admitting as well, and the true emergency situations were the hardest part to be involved in. I had co workers who are still friends.
Pros
Education, Insurance Benefits, personal support and friendship
Cons
Graveyard hours, holiday shifts.
Good place to work independently
Single technologist performing general and cardiac (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMarch 31, 2015
Contemporaries and immediate management good to work with but
upper management does not listen to needs of employees and is
controlled by corporate management far away.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
one person on call 24 hrs a day.
Exciting, fast-paced work environment
Clinical Supervisor Intensive Care Units (Former Employee) –  ICUDecember 8, 2014
This was my first nursing job so it has fond memories and it was also a place of vast growth for our community so we grew together. I loved this job because there was never a dull moment. I made some of my dearest friends and most precious memories here and I learned most of the ropes of nursing. The hardest part of this job was seeing the facility grow from a small not-for-profit Baptist Hospital to a larger for profit healthcare facility and have the growing pains that go along with this. The most enjoyable part was getting to have some of the bigger advancements that go along with greater healthcare dollars and learning about the costs for each.
Pros
fast-paced, learning, good memories
Cons
changes, management
Very productive field and educational
Data Entry and Phones (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Typical day in medical records was patient chart analyzing, filing and answering patient calls. Learned new job requirements in the medical field. Co-workers where always helpful. Hardest part of job was learning medical field but in the long run quite educational and enjoyable.
Pros
employees were given free lunches
Cons
n/a
Co-workers are encouraging and supportive
REGISTERED NURSE/STAFF (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 24, 2014
Typically care for 5-7 patients each shift, discharge and admit patients as well, during each shift. I have learned that having a supportive team makes a world of difference while at work. Co-workers are encouraging and supportive both at work and off the clock. The hardest part of the job for me is keeping up with computer charting. WARMC does not have computers in patient rooms, we use "WOWs". Patient care is truly my most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
location is close to home
Cons
short breaks
It is impressive how bad WARMC is.
Radioligy Technoligist (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJune 6, 2013
100 percent poor management. Poor practices. Huge health risks. The only doctors that work there are the ones that can not make it anywhere else, the good ones recognize it of what it is and leave.
There is a huge gap between management level employees and the employees who actually do the work, it seems that managers feel that they have done their time and so they do not have to be involved anymore. There is simply no responsibility. When there is a problem the practice of getting rid of low level employees is taken instead of taking a deep look at the leadership.
Even though I work here, I would advise others to seek employment elsewhere.
the start date I am posting is false to protect myself
Great workplace
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJuly 26, 2013
The co-workers at this facility are all individually amazing people that are willing to help each other out as a team on a daily basis. The doctors are all very nice, anesthesiologist are awesome! I hope that my next work environment will be this dynamic. I met great people thanks to WARMC and I learned what I needed to learn in their operating rooms. If you have a chance to work here take it!!!
Pros
great co-workers
Small Community for Profit Hospital
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 15, 2013
Worked closely with a small group of Physicians for the best possible care of the patients. Some days were very trying due to a large amount of patient turn-over.
I had not worked in such a small community before so I learned how to set up home health care, home oxygen, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, etc.
I enjoyed my co-workers and we worked very well as a team, all of the patients were "Our Patients".
The hardest part of the job was learning what resources were available in the community for our patients.
I enjoy patient care very much and would always try my very best to give them a positive hospital experience. We also had patients returning to us due to long term illnesses and got to know several patients and their families well.
Pros
working with the same people in a small community hospital.
Cons
high patient turn-over.
City Hospital
CT Technologist PRN (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 8, 2015
Medium sized city hospital with good upper management that really fosters the patient first mentality. Overall a good place to start a career in healthcare.
Level 2 trauma center
MRI/CT/X-RAY TECH (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 20, 2012
Excellent work environment, entire department worked together to provide patient safety and care. My responsibilities were primarily with MR, and float to CT or X-ray if they were short handed or needed assistance. Most beneficial aspect was patient interaction, and working with staff members to provide excellent diagnostic images.
Beware
Rad tech (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City AZJuly 5, 2013
Says it all.,..phoney friendly feel when hired, it WILL change, trust me. I also changed my start date to protect myself but I've been here a while and it has all gotten worse. Keep an eye on the vast turnover in this dept!
Pros
very few of the friendly people in the dept
Cons
fake aura of happy friendly people, way overboard with expectations of employees, favortism big time
Close-knit group of co-workers
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 15, 2014
A high stress job which entailed billing, coding, customer contact, provider contact, and imminent deadlines.
Pros
always something new to learn
Cons
slow growth opportunities
Friendly, Fun place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 2, 2012
The culture of patients and all staff made this a fun, refreshing place to work, Wonderful mix of location and climate and an array of year round activities enable this to happen. Colorado River and Laughlin, NV in close proximity.
Pros
location
never boaring
Staff Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  bullhead city azJanuary 26, 2014
it is a very fast paced floor with many acutely sick patients
I will definitely miss my co-workers. this unit has some of the most amazing staff I have ever worked with.
Pros
good co-workers, all the overtime you could ask for
Cons
hectic and hard on the body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9