Western Arizona Regional Medical Center

Western Arizona Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Co-workers are encouraging and supportive
REGISTERED NURSE/STAFF (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZAugust 24, 2014
Pros: location is close to home
Cons: short breaks
Typically care for 5-7 patients each shift, discharge and admit patients as well, during each shift. I have learned that having a supportive team makes a world of difference while at work. Co-workers are encouraging and supportive both at work and off the clock. The hardest part of the job for me is keeping up with computer charting. WARMC does not – more... have computers in patient rooms, we use "WOWs". Patient care is truly my most enjoyable part of my job. – less
never boaring
Staff Nurse RN (Current Employee), bullhead city azJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, all the overtime you could ask for
Cons: hectic and hard on the body
it is a very fast paced floor with many acutely sick patients
I will definitely miss my co-workers. this unit has some of the most amazing staff I have ever worked with.
Small Community for Profit Hospital
Telemetry RN (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZDecember 15, 2013
Pros: working with the same people in a small community hospital.
Cons: high patient turn-over.
Worked closely with a small group of Physicians for the best possible care of the patients. Some days were very trying due to a large amount of patient turn-over.
I had not worked in such a small community before so I learned how to set up home health care, home oxygen, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, etc.
I enjoyed my co-workers and we worked – more... very well as a team, all of the patients were "Our Patients".
The hardest part of the job was learning what resources were available in the community for our patients.
I enjoy patient care very much and would always try my very best to give them a positive hospital experience. We also had patients returning to us due to long term illnesses and got to know several patients and their families well. – less
Amazing working side by sde with doctors all day.
Emergency Room Scribe (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great knowledge for future career
Cons: no pto
I love wroking at WARMC in the ER. I chart complete charts for each patient I see with a doctor. My doctor is my boss so I can get immediate feedback about my work.
Current position echo
Echo Tech (Current Employee), Echo deptNovember 22, 2013
I'm an echo tech here at Warmc. Every hospital. Has it's issues, but there are no issues in the echo dept ! You work independently. May do 6-9 echos per day . Friendly environment. Apply we need help! A new grad is welcomed to apply and we will train!
Good hospital
Night Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZSeptember 27, 2013
Good hospital to work in.
Very relax and employees are professional.
Dangerous patient care equipment, uncaring management
X-ray & CT Technologist (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZSeptember 18, 2013
Stay away from this place if you value your life. Emergency department excellent, all else is the worst hospital I've ever seen.
Decent place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), 2735 Silver Creek Road, Bullhead City, AZ 86442August 1, 2013
MY job responsibilities - using magnetic resonance imaging equipment to scan and capture images to aid in patient diagnosis as ordered by a physician
Great workplace
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZJuly 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
The co-workers at this facility are all individually amazing people that are willing to help each other out as a team on a daily basis. The doctors are all very nice, anesthesiologist are awesome! I hope that my next work environment will be this dynamic. I met great people thanks to WARMC and I learned what I needed to learn in their operating rooms. – more... If you have a chance to work here take it!!! – less
Beware
Rad tech (Current Employee), Bullhead City AZJuly 5, 2013
Pros: very few of the friendly people in the dept
Cons: fake aura of happy friendly people, way overboard with expectations of employees, favortism big time
Says it all.,..phoney friendly feel when hired, it WILL change, trust me. I also changed my start date to protect myself but I've been here a while and it has all gotten worse. Keep an eye on the vast turnover in this dept!
It is impressive how bad WARMC is.
Radioligy Technoligist (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZJune 6, 2013
100 percent poor management. Poor practices. Huge health risks. The only doctors that work there are the ones that can not make it anywhere else, the good ones recognize it of what it is and leave.
There is a huge gap between management level employees and the employees who actually do the work, it seems that managers feel that they have done their – more... time and so they do not have to be involved anymore. There is simply no responsibility. When there is a problem the practice of getting rid of low level employees is taken instead of taking a deep look at the leadership.
Even though I work here, I would advise others to seek employment elsewhere.
the start date I am posting is false to protect myself – less
Easy-going environment
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZMarch 21, 2013
I love working at this hospital. My co-workers are nice and have trained me really well.
Level 2 trauma center
MRI/CT/X-RAY TECH (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZNovember 20, 2012
Excellent work environment, entire department worked together to provide patient safety and care. My responsibilities were primarily with MR, and float to CT or X-ray if they were short handed or needed assistance. Most beneficial aspect was patient interaction, and working with staff members to provide excellent diagnostic images.
Friendly, Fun place to work
Therapist (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZOctober 2, 2012
Pros: location
The culture of patients and all staff made this a fun, refreshing place to work, Wonderful mix of location and climate and an array of year round activities enable this to happen. Colorado River and Laughlin, NV in close proximity.
Excellent working conditions
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZAugust 14, 2012
A very challenging position. Collaboration with all departments to insure safe and effective patient care.
Small town feel.
Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZJune 3, 2012
One of my favorite places I've ever worked. Staff and management were wonderful. I learned so much more hands on than I could have ever learned in a classroom.
Nurses' Nightmare
Staff RN (Former Employee), Operating RoomAugust 11, 2011
If this adm was found with its throat slashed, in an alley, the suspect list would look like the boarding roster for the Titanic; We can't count the number of employees who've left this facility with horrible experiences

About Western Arizona Regional Medical Center

Community Health Systems (CHS) isn't much of a city dweller. The hospital operator prefers small-town America, owning or leasing¬†about – Read more

Western Arizona Regional Medical Center Photos