Western Arizona Regional Medical Center

Western Arizona Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Variety
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 1, 2017
I loved the fact that everyday was different. You never know what situation was going to walk through that door or arrive by ambulance.
You had to be ready for any situation.
Pros
variety
Cons
sometimes you only got short breaks
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 16, 2017
Great and positive culture.
Managers are extremely nice and are always willing to give the needed support in any situation.
it has been great working here.
Pros
lots of free stuff
Cons
cant think of any
emergency registration
Emergency Registration (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 5, 2017
I love working for warmc, especially as a ER registration clerk. I would recommend working her to anyone who has the opportunity to joining this work environment.
Pros
great staff, great employees
Cons
pay, management
fun people to work with.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 24, 2017
I had a great time working here, I made good friends and enjoyed my job. But there are some horrible and rude staff that needs to stay away or learn to respect people.
Pros
staff are team players, benefits are good
Cons
crazy schedule, heavy call
Warmc
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 10, 2017
I feel like western arizona regional medical center is a revolving door with staff and management. Seems to be alot of drama, even from administration.
Pros
$5 Night shift diff
Cons
For profit hospital seems all about profit rather than patient care and safety
The patients are very appreciative for the employees enthusiasm to help and assist them.
Inpatient Authorizations (Current Employee) –  WARMC AdmissionsMarch 27, 2017
The patients are the most important part of this job especially in the Bullhead City area. Medical care is lacking and the patients are especially appreciative for the attention and care they are shown. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient, which speaks volumes across the board in the medical field.
Overwork you And No Positive Feedback
Junior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMarch 22, 2017
Terrible place to work for business people. Managers rotate out of the state every 3 years. If they have a friend the management wants in, then you are out!
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Never there long enough to collect your high pay!
Best experiences, and continuously learning.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMarch 12, 2017
This hospital has a trifecta of environments from the elderly, the casino crowd with drugs and alcohol, and the river with lots of traumas. We never know what will come from the door, and we find that it is NEVER just a cough. We discover at least one new undiagnosed cancer a week, and see things that are only learned about in the text books. This hospital keeps me learning on a daily basis, which is such a great experience.
Pros
Great work schedules
Cons
Rarely get a lunch, pay isn't the greatest
Rotten treatment
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Was stroked for 2 1/2 months for an admitting job. admitting Supervisor would never return calls and keep promises and when contacting the so called CEO, was talked to like a homeless person!!!! How they get by with this treatment is a mystery, but they do and it's sad and unfair!
Cons
Liars
Work here and you will need therapy to block it out.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 18, 2016
I worked in Radiology for many years. In that time I have seen management and techs come and go. Things have only gotten worse. The favoritism is high in this dept. Between not being able to trust your supervisor with a concerns you are having because they are either married to the problem, or part of the problem themselves. You literally have no one to turn to.
The equipment is bad and not taken care of well at all.
Techs are over worked from not having help.
Human Resources might as well not even be there. You can't go to them with concerns you have.
Health care is just not good there.
So sad I wasted a big part of my time there. I feel the need to warn others. If you are reading this run do not look back do not apply.
Cons
Low money
Horrible management and HR department
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 11, 2016
One of the worst places I've ever worked. Management is horrible and cannot be trusted. HR doesn't do anything about problems employees are having either. Not only that, but you work your butt off for minimal pay.. And too many people sit around and don't do their job because they're friends with managers and the people in HR. They think they're all that when they're nothing.. Hello you work at a hospital in BHC! Last, the healthcare sucks, you'd think you'd get awesome benefits but they're horrible.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Healthcare, management, pay
Waste Management
Retail Cashier/Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZFebruary 12, 2016
WARMC spends wasteful dollars in false advertisement. A three day long new hire orientation, followed by monthly 'morale' videos and employee surveys only to fall short on every promise and expectation. A real disappoint. I would not recommend this employer. It was a poor experience.
Pros
Free lunches, the physicans are some of the best
Cons
Poor leadership, inexperienced supervisors
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant HR (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 3, 2015
We are very busy everyday. There is always something happened that needs our attention. Most enjoyable part is helping the employees.
Pros
Lot of good people to work with.
Cons
Needs a little more structure with management.
Great Mentors
Director, Risk Management Services (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 24, 2015
I worked at WARMC for 5 years as Director of Risk Management and then the Interim Chief Quality Officer. During this time I had wonderful mentors and I learned much. One of the greatest perks of these positions was my co-workers. I interacted daily with all levels of staff from the CEO to the maintenance staff. These were wonderful people willing to share and learn.
Pros
Supportive learning environment
Cons
Upper management did not always appear to be supportive of staff
Director Risk Management
Director, Risk Management Services (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 1, 2015
I loved my position of Director of Risk Management. A typical day included everything from the legal aspects of healthcare to dealing with disgruntled patients & families.

Early on in my position the management was very supportive & I learned much. The co-workers were good for the most part. Because I chose to work more than an hour from home, I frequently stayed overnight in a hotel or with a friend. Being away from home became the most difficult part of the job.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Healthcare Regulations as well as being a patient advocate.
Pros
Great Job Satisfaction
Cons
High Levels of Stress
Fake Attitudes Here
pharm tech (Former Employee) –  BullheadMay 12, 2015
First, only some of the worst doctors work here,the rest are in Vegas or Havasu. I've been a pharmacy technician for over 10 yrs and was hired here. Within One week I saw computer systems failing, record keeping from 15 yrs ago, and a Human resources director managing pharmacy...... Really???? Stay away if you already have a stable job, I thought I was moving up by doing this, now, just stuck because I didn't fit in the "clique" I guess.
Pros
Good Healthy cafe
Cons
fakeness of attitudes, rude coworkers
small rural hospital where I felt like part of a familyu
Front Desk Clerk/Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMay 5, 2015
I worked in several different departments and always felt as part of the whole hospital "family" working here. I learned flexibility, accounting and record keeping. Health care regulations and information. I worked in the Emergency Room Patient Admitting as well, and the true emergency situations were the hardest part to be involved in. I had co workers who are still friends.
Pros
Education, Insurance Benefits, personal support and friendship
Cons
Graveyard hours, holiday shifts.
City Hospital
CT Technologist PRN (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZApril 8, 2015
Medium sized city hospital with good upper management that really fosters the patient first mentality. Overall a good place to start a career in healthcare.
Good place to work independently
Single technologist performing general and cardiac (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMarch 31, 2015
Contemporaries and immediate management good to work with but
upper management does not listen to needs of employees and is
controlled by corporate management far away.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
one person on call 24 hrs a day.
Very productive field and educational
Data Entry and Phones (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Typical day in medical records was patient chart analyzing, filing and answering patient calls. Learned new job requirements in the medical field. Co-workers where always helpful. Hardest part of job was learning medical field but in the long run quite educational and enjoyable.
Pros
Employees were given free lunches
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Arizona Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8