Western Asset Management Employee Reviews

Internship at a bonds an stock selling fortune 500 company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2015
This experience was a afforded me through my high school which had a intern program that found its students work in the greater Los Angeles area and sometimes a little further out like Pasadena and Santa Monica. My Management was HR and most other people in the office, they were all very fair and some more caring than others considering my age which was 14 - 18 while working here. I learned organization , time management and professionalism from my experiences. I most often filed and organized boxes, shipped mail throughout the building and loaded printers with paper and ink. My co-workers are considered to be the people that didn't know I was an interning student. these people were some of the kindest most interesting people I have ever met, eager to listen and hear me out and to teach me from their level of life and wisdom. The hardest part was being mature in the beginning as I got older I learned more and more how to handle myself I a work place. I have carried that experience with me and it has helped make me the man I am today. The most enjoyable part of the job was the reward of the experience the connections made and the free lunches.
Productive and Technical Workplace.
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena CAApril 4, 2015
Very focused team with lot of development. Enjoyable part of Job is that you get chance to learn various tools and technologies.
Pros
Exposure to various tools and technologies.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Fantastic Company
LDI Team - Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 10, 2015
Western Asset Management is one of the best companies to work in the financial markets. Their culture, management and co-workers all are there to help one another and do so with pleasure. A good company does well when each individual and team works together. It is hard to find a better company then WAMco.
Pros
cheap food; tickets to la clippers for free (first come, first serve)
Finance is tough
Domestic Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 29, 2013
Lots of hard work but also lots of learning opportunities. If I had the temperament for financial work, this would have been the best job.
Great work environment as well as a great team members
Senior Analyst, Futures & Options (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 13, 2012
No room for growth but a great company to learn and move elsewhere. People are really easy to work with and the most enjoyable part working for this company.
Pros
cafeteria, nice work environment
Cons
time in/time out system, micro-managed
Productive and fun loving work place
ColdFusion/Oracle Developer (Current Employee) –  Pasedena,CASeptember 25, 2012
Technology: ColdFusion 9, Oracle 11g, Crystal Reports, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Eclipse, SVN, Mercury-QC, Windows XP