Western Connecticut Health Network

Western Connecticut Health Network Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 8, 2017
I typical day at work is busy and fast paced. Helping making sure the hospital in clean and ready for patients. Making sure patients are comfortable to have a speedy recovery.
Assist nursing managers with daily task, report, mail, training agendas
Nursing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 19, 2017
Assist with the day-to-day activities of the smooth running if the nursing department. Manage and oversee the posting if 1000 updated nursing procedures.
Not what it used to be.
OR (Current Employee) –  Operating RoomJuly 5, 2017
The jobs specifically at Danbury hospital are pretty stable and you always get your controlled hours. The shifts vary in how busy they are from day to day. Major problem with this organization is management and working short staffed. Management rarely even knows the job they are managing, they often make the problem even worse then it already was. Management also has no courtesy for your personal life they "try" to change schedules last minute with no consideration of the affect it might have on your life. It's all about them.

Team work is scarce at least in my department! Employees also care more about the patients than the organization does and that's just sad!
Pros
Good time off
Cons
Management, staffing, teamwork
Busy, productive day that has a variety of task that need to be reviewed
Director, (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 2, 2017
Meetings, designs sessions, building or testing for new system. more meetings with other departments, management staff and employees. Brainstorming sessions on obstacles for new opportunities, lots of email. Conference calls, webinars l
Pros
401 K Matching, Good PTO
Cons
N/a
N/a
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 25, 2017
Everything is great but management. I really do like the benefits but I do not feel secure in my position. Staff are really good to work with overall.
Go somewhere else, you'll be better off
Surgical Patient Access Liaison (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 17, 2017
No room for advancement, management doesn't know what you do nor is willing to help, the only way to succeed and advance in the organization is by sucking up to management.. it's not based on your performance, a lot of favoritism, low morale, below average salary for what we are responsible for.
So much to learn everyday. I have and still is learning
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 15, 2017
It's a fast pace work place. Your always motivated and can learn so much everyday. you meet new new people. Some times its sad to see people with different disease and young people dying. But I'm glad that I can help them when they're so vulnerable.
Great Atomsphere
Patient Access Liaison (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 19, 2016
I was only there for a short period of time but I have built lasting friendships with a few people. Teamwork was stressed and welcomed. No complaints.
Bad place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 30, 2016
Nursing staff treat CNA/PCT terrible. They say jump you better say how high cuz they will write you up. You are expected to do things that are beyond your training as an aide.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
No team work.
Great company
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 6, 2016
WCHN is a great company to work for. The administration are a wonderful group of individuals and it has been a positive experience overall. Their benefits are competitive and more importantly, they want to see their employees succeed.
Pros
Good vacation benefits
Cons
Holidays are paid for out of your PTO time.
Good place to work, first class
Patient Access Liaison II (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 9, 2016
Great structure and organization. Good place to work, lots of opportunity as the health network is home to numerous locations.
Pros
Organization
Cons
short breaks
Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 12, 2016
Changing environment. Growing business expanding around the area becoming a big health system.Evolving culture, much needed changes .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Growing too fast can forget the basics
Manager, Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 16, 2016
Responsible for managing the Central Sterile Processing day to day functions. This includes directing labor standards, monitoring the department budget and inventory, managing all staff to include scheduling, time approvals, hiring and corrective action as needed.
Great Job
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 9, 2016
Western Connecticut Health Network has assisted me with enhancing my management skills. They have given me the autonomy and support to manage the staff and address the change in culture. Danbury Primary is a large busy practice so Ive learned to prioritze and juggle competing priorities. Ive been able to introduce change to ensure that we are providing quality costumer service and we are compliant by assisting the staff with understanding the importance of their roles and they impact they have on the customers perception of our office. Ive also been allowed to encourage and reward the staff for working through the changes made and meeting the organization, practice and individual goals
Pros
Encouragement and acknowledgment from management and encourages personal and professional growth
Cons
Busy Practice
they allowed me to advance
Practice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 2, 2016
I started at WCHN in medical collections and they allowed me to advance my career all the way to interim Practice Administrator.

I will always appreciate the opportunities they gave me in my career.
Understaffed and overworked
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 12, 2016
Abusive management.....the threats endured with the looming union vote last year was the nail in the coffin. Salaries cut by slashing all shift differentials workload increased...the result? Bitter angry employees....yet the new chandeliers ER, artwork and fountain with lights all look lovely, don't they?
very unappreciated
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  connecticutNovember 27, 2015
cuts made in order to ensure no unionizing I do not feel comfortable speaking about this company as I am no longer employed there
WCHN is a perfect example of overzealous business-types attempting to run a major healthcare organization
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Lower Fairfield CountyApril 9, 2015
Western Connecticut Health Network is a prime example of inefficient healthcare administration. This corporation is saddled with far too many layers of management and supervision, and as such is frequently caught in a gridlock of it's own design. The decision-making and approval processes move at a glacial pace: as an example, I have been working with IT to have my practice integrated into the Medical Group intranet & network since November 2014 - it is now April 2015, and no work has been started.

Furthermore, WCHN is continuing to purchase and integrate additional practices, while their existing practices languish in a gray area between functioning and collapsing. Press Ganey reports frequently reflect patients' dissatisfaction with the caliber of Provider, Clinical, and Administrative quality, but very little is being done to address these widespread concerns.

Unfortunately, with the added administrative costs entailed under the ACA, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find any Healthcare employment in the Fairfield County area that is not part of or directly linked to WCHN.
Pros
Continuing education/Professional Development
Cons
Low compensation, near impossible to terminate problem employees, horrifically slow business development processes
Enjoyed the staff and patient population.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 10, 2015
See my resume. I provide primary health care to challenging a population in an out patient setting.
My coworkers are an excellent team to work with. We see many patients each day, providing excellent care and the days are long.
An organization which allows the employees many opportunities to learn and succeed
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 21, 2014
- A typical day at work is busy from start to finish. Taking calls from patients, other MD's and healthcare workers and handling whatever the situation from start to finish. Managing the department from building outpatient schedules, managing MD schedules, to handling administrative matters including MD licensing, ordering medical supplies, vaccines, office supplies, and most importantly delivering quality patient care.
- I have had the opportunity to learn from my very first day at work up to and including the present. In addition to hands on learning, this organization provides workshops and classes, which I have attended.
- The management requires all employees to speak politely, be positive and encouraging, and provide a pleasant work environment.
- My co-workers are educated in their role, efficient, caring, and motivated.
- The hardest part of the job is trying to help every patient in every situation. Some situations take a lot of work and time, and I know it must be done, even when we are so busy there aren't enough hands.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is by far when patients are so grateful, and thankful for the work I do for them.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
changes in management, cutbacks in raises, awards, and other "perks"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Connecticut Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Western Connecticut Health Network Reviews by Location