Western Connecticut State University Employee Reviews

The people were great and the experience is unforgettable.
Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free stuff
Cons: No health coverage
As my first job, I was very happy, I learned so much and did so much. The staff were great and my co-workers were wonderful, we were working as a team.
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJune 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: N/A
I enjoyed those I worked with and I learned something new everyday. I personally looked forward to going to work everyday.
Productive and steady environment
Student Assistant Secretary (Current Employee), Danbury, CTApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexbile to my schedule
Cons: Only required to work "x" amount of hours per week
Diverse cliental, where it's professors, administrators, or students answering their questions and leaving messages for the Chair of the Education and Educational Psychology Department.

Constant filing and organizing student and staff documents.

Assisted in preparing several projects for professors of the Education Department.
Everyone is nice
University Assistant in Events (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 1, 2015
Pros: really nice people, really helpful
Cons: part-time
Everyone here is really great to work with and always willing to help. Working here is a life experience. I've learned multiple different life skills that will help me throughout my life.
Not a terrible place to work
Assistant Degree Auditor (Former Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 1, 2014
I audited degrees along with advising students who were up for graduation or who needed general advisement. Answered all questions pertaining to the University and its policies.
Excellent experience
Adjunct Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 28, 2014
Excellent experience working with undergraduate nursing students. Taught both clinical courses and labs. Worked well with other professors and management. Most enjoyable part of this position was working with undergraduate nursing students - excited to start their careers in nursing. Students are eager to learn and concurrent courses compliment each other well.
Productive and quality workplace
Students Computer lab Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury CTNovember 26, 2014
Organized and prepared lab for daily activities. Provided information, resources and technical support to staff and students. Worked directly with teammates and supervisors for problem resolutions Kept track of inventory and set up appointments for students
Working in a University
Resident Director (Current Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 12, 2014
Working in two different positions in different departments within the same University has taught and shown me what things I want to pursue as a career and geared my sights in those directions.
Residence Life is a great experience.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury, CT.November 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of flexibilitly.
I was an RA for two years and really enjoyed the staff I worked with. It was easy to become tight knit and become a family. Creating programs and a positive environment for the residents in the dorms was – more... actually pretty enjoyable. As much fun as it was being an RA it was just as fun bonding with your residents as well. The only issue is that the Resident Directors are not very flexible around class schedule and other responsibilities that may be asked of you. It will seem like they support you but at the same time having to leave for another responsibility would then be counted against you. It was overall a very positive experience. – less
WCSU
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Danbury, CTSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: in school and work
Working at WCSU in any department is a delight. As long as you have work, homework and play all worked out smoothly in a schedule working in college at this school is great.
Good
Note Taker (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 6, 2014
Worked with peers, made you aware of how the University ran from an inside perspective, not just as a student.
Rewarding Position
Event/Stage Manager, Music Librarian, Sound Tech (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMay 29, 2014
As a student employee, I had the opportunity to be in charge of events that took place in the university's concert hall, which included seminars, lectures, concerts, and groups that came from outside the – more... university. This gave me the chance to work on my adaptability when working with clients - no two events were ever the same. Some had more setup than others, and some had more technical requirements.

I learned very quickly that my job had an importance - I bridged the gap between the goals of the client and carrying out those goals in the concert hall. Therefore, I worked quickly, made sure clientele were content, and utilized multitasking on a daily basis.

I worked with a small group of fellow students (no more than 25), which was enjoyable because you got to know everyone you worked with. Some events only needed one stage crew member and myself, while others needed every person to rotate throughout a 3-day period. Organization, adaptability, and an outgoing, friendly persona were key to surviving these longer events.

While the work was demanding, it was intensely rewarding to help clientele meet or surpass their goals and aspirations for an event. It was that kind of outcome that kept me coming back. – less
Small town college
B.B.A Business Management & Entrepreneurship (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 30, 2014
typical college. commuter students outweigh those who live on campus
Challenging workplace
Computer Center Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 19, 2014
I learned a lot about technology. The co-workers were helpful.
Learned skills to better my future career
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 16, 2014
Being a Resident Assistant took a lot of time, but it was very rewarding
Educational workplace
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 17, 2014
Helping students with financial aid documents. Filing and data entry. Oversee student workers. Ordering supplies and scheduling meetings and all other needed duties.
A fun and great working enviroment
Supervisor/Head Intramural Coordinator (Former Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 15, 2013
Pros: co workers/student workers, pay
Cons: seasonal
Work was very interesting everyday. Love conducting meetings and being the vocal point of the organization.
GREAT
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 21, 2013
BEST SCHOOL IN THE WORLD

Great people

Great environment, small school feel.
Fun working environment
Archaeology Field Technician (Former Employee), Danbury, CTSeptember 4, 2013
I only worked as a volunteer for the archaeology field school. This was my second field school. I worked early in the morning to late in the afternoon. The hardest part of working was working on a hill with lots of rocks. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I am gaining experience in archaeology.
Great way to build relationships
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMay 13, 2013
I enjoyed being a resident assistant immensly and I have learned a great deal about myself and others.