Western Connecticut State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Work Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 23, 2016
The opportunities provided here are unlike any other. It is rare to find a university that lets its graduate students teach a class completely on their own. It is a wonderful experience, and the professors and other faculty that are there for guidance are helpful and are great supports.
Great
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 11, 2016
Flexibility and stability hours are great. The work environment is great and welcoming. My Managers always help me questions I have about things in the office and clear my confusion. As well as interact with me respectively.
An inclusive, dedicated, and productive environment
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 22, 2016
The Campus and Student Center was an excellent first time work environment, each staff member was given plenty of opportunities and responsibilities to advance themselves. Management was always willing to listen to ideas and grievances and would often stop by during the day to check in on employees.
wonderful work environment
Adjunct Arabic Professor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 15, 2015
It is a great workplace, I was honored to work with very well-known and smart professors. the school has amazing professors working at the language department. Each one of my colleagues has numerous publication and awards.
Cons
school operate on very low bydget
great experience and very cooperative stuff
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 5, 2015
My experience at westconn as a TA was amazing. I enjoyed working there. the only reason i left was because I transferred to University of Connecticut. otherwise I love teaching and student were very satisfied with my teaching.
Pros
on campus and flexible during exam week.
Okay place
Adjunct Professor - Astronomy (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 2, 2015
As an adjunct for one semester, I did not spend enough time there to provide a fair review. I enjoyed teaching the astronomy course.
Pros
fun
Cons
low pay as an adjunct
The people were great and the experience is unforgettable.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 16, 2015
As my first job, I was very happy, I learned so much and did so much. The staff were great and my co-workers were wonderful, we were working as a team.
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
No health coverage
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 23, 2015
I enjoyed those I worked with and I learned something new everyday. I personally looked forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
N/A
Productive and steady environment
Student Assistant Secretary (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 2, 2015
Diverse cliental, where it's professors, administrators, or students answering their questions and leaving messages for the Chair of the Education and Educational Psychology Department.

Constant filing and organizing student and staff documents.

Assisted in preparing several projects for professors of the Education Department.
Pros
Flexbile to my schedule
Cons
Only required to work "x" amount of hours per week
Everyone is nice
University Assistant in Events (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 1, 2015
Everyone here is really great to work with and always willing to help. Working here is a life experience. I've learned multiple different life skills that will help me throughout my life.
Pros
really nice people, really helpful
Cons
part-time

Want to know more about Western Connecticut State University?

Ask a question
Not a terrible place to work
Assistant Degree Auditor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 1, 2014
I audited degrees along with advising students who were up for graduation or who needed general advisement. Answered all questions pertaining to the University and its policies.
Excellent experience
Adjunct Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 28, 2014
Excellent experience working with undergraduate nursing students. Taught both clinical courses and labs. Worked well with other professors and management. Most enjoyable part of this position was working with undergraduate nursing students - excited to start their careers in nursing. Students are eager to learn and concurrent courses compliment each other well.
Productive and quality workplace
Students Computer lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury CTNovember 26, 2014
Organized and prepared lab for daily activities. Provided information, resources and technical support to staff and students. Worked directly with teammates and supervisors for problem resolutions Kept track of inventory and set up appointments for students
Working in a University
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 12, 2014
Working in two different positions in different departments within the same University has taught and shown me what things I want to pursue as a career and geared my sights in those directions.
Residence Life is a great experience.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT.November 7, 2014
I was an RA for two years and really enjoyed the staff I worked with. It was easy to become tight knit and become a family. Creating programs and a positive environment for the residents in the dorms was actually pretty enjoyable. As much fun as it was being an RA it was just as fun bonding with your residents as well. The only issue is that the Resident Directors are not very flexible around class schedule and other responsibilities that may be asked of you. It will seem like they support you but at the same time having to leave for another responsibility would then be counted against you. It was overall a very positive experience.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lack of flexibilitly.
Wcsu
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 25, 2014
Working at WCSU in any department is a delight. As long as you have work, homework and play all worked out smoothly in a schedule working in college at this school is great.
Pros
in school and work
Good
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 6, 2014
Worked with peers, made you aware of how the University ran from an inside perspective, not just as a student.
Rewarding Position
Event/Stage Manager, Music Librarian, Sound Tech (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 29, 2014
As a student employee, I had the opportunity to be in charge of events that took place in the university's concert hall, which included seminars, lectures, concerts, and groups that came from outside the university. This gave me the chance to work on my adaptability when working with clients - no two events were ever the same. Some had more setup than others, and some had more technical requirements.

I learned very quickly that my job had an importance - I bridged the gap between the goals of the client and carrying out those goals in the concert hall. Therefore, I worked quickly, made sure clientele were content, and utilized multitasking on a daily basis.

I worked with a small group of fellow students (no more than 25), which was enjoyable because you got to know everyone you worked with. Some events only needed one stage crew member and myself, while others needed every person to rotate throughout a 3-day period. Organization, adaptability, and an outgoing, friendly persona were key to surviving these longer events.

While the work was demanding, it was intensely rewarding to help clientele meet or surpass their goals and aspirations for an event. It was that kind of outcome that kept me coming back.
Small town college
B.B.A Business Management & Entrepreneurship (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 30, 2014
typical college. commuter students outweigh those who live on campus
Challenging workplace
Computer Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 19, 2014
I learned a lot about technology. The co-workers were helpful.

4.2