Western Construction Group

Western Construction Group Employee Reviews in United States

Western is a great company (99years old ) , going through some changes,
Regional Business Development Manager, Atlanta GA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GaJuly 10, 2014
A typical day for me was to work with the local branch personnel, making account calls to introduce Western to new clients and broaden our contacts with our customers through "lunch and learns" and "meet and greets". Other days I would be at trade shows promoting the brand to various industries. Management was participatory, working with Project Managers on proposals and coordinating work. My coworkers were dedicated individuals with a drive to do it correctly. Hardest part of the job for me was the long hours of travel to the branches, usually through airports. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pride of the successful completion of a project, with the understanding that we all had a part in it and no one person did it all, but we worked together to make it happen.
Pros
great group of people
Cons
seasonal demand for our work, budgets delayed funding.
Motivated company
project manager/estimator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, Mo and San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2015
Worked very hard and advanced quickly.

I was asked to move to San Francisco and within 2 years offered a Regional position which included San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City and Hawaii.

I reviewed estimates, met with customers, assisted with any project issues, and monitored progress.
Pros
Regional Manager
Cons
Corporate Delays in Accomplishing Needed Change
Find a different company Someone who cares about its employees
Foreman (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJuly 14, 2015
This company is by far the most unpredictable company you could possibly want to work for. If you like dysfunction and insecurity. This is the company for you .
Pros
Pay top dollar
Cons
When your job is done they lay you off

2.8