Western Container Employee Reviews

Fast paced and busy work
Injection Technician (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZNovember 13, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced and long hours. I learned to do quality checks and process changes. Lots of management changes.My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was long hours on your feet and working with hot plastics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others.
Pros
Company picnics and benefits
Cons
Long hours and working around hot plastics.
productive fast pace work place
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  1000first Ave Big spring txJuly 7, 2016
Enjoy working in this fast pace work,enjoy working with all my peers,made a safe work job ,management work good with emplyes,learned to to read graphs and charts, understand injection process
Pros
great benfits
Cons
to many call ins
Do NOT recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIDecember 27, 2015
This building stinks. So old and run down, they need to update the office. The lunch room is very dirty and has little fruit flies flying around. have to cover your drink because there are so many. They had to take out vending machine because they could not keep the mice out of it.
Management is a joke. They are not fair at all, I have seen them treat employees different and also customers different. They are not organized or have any type of workers manual.
The way they treat their customers is crazy. I would not recommend buying from them. They are not consistent on the pricing of the products and change it for all customers even if they are all buying same amount.
This company started in the 1940's and has not updated with the times. Very outdated with all paperwork and overall day to day.
Very low pay.
Pros
A couple nice people.
Cons
Most factory workers are ex-con. Workers getting cars repossessed in parking lot.
productive and family owned
Manufactoring Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2014
It's an ok place to work while going to college. Great employees. learned alot about production, preventative maintenance, and skills to operate a Sheeter machine.
benefits
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great working environment where safety comes first
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2016
This company has some of the best working core values. It is a non profit company tied to Coca Cola. Team work is on the tongue of every member right after safety.
Pros
$0.50 20oz Coke products
Very fun and productiver job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 8, 2014
This employer allowed me to work on my own and produce the proper results. They taught me a lot about quality Control
Pros
Co worker, training, location, work schedule
Cons
Monetary compensation
I like what I do job but not fond of management
Blow Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 16, 2014
You get written up if you get sick (0 sick days). If you plan on getting sick you have to give them 2 weeks notice. I wore earrings to work and almost got fired without warning. You have to be on your feet all day. I have a pedometer and yesterday at work ran around the floor and up and down stairs for 12 miles (avg 5-10 miles) You get in trouble if you're caught resting your legs by sitting down for a second. No cell phone usage. There is a book that is very tedious that determines how much you make and if you don't complete the first part in the first year then you're fired. If you don't complete the level they hired you on for then you are fired or they cut your pay a few dollars. I hurt my foot at work and apparently they don't like that (it messes up their numbers). They've been watching me and knit picking everything I do ever since. The management doesn't care about the employees and HR is right behind them. The people that work there are decent and the work is not bad.
Pros
Work isn't hard to learn, pay isn't bad
Cons
Management, Rules, etc.
Production Techniacan
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXDecember 1, 2015
Worked 8-12 hours a day. learned how to keep an organized worked area and how to work with others. everyone I worked with had a positive attitude and helped me when I had a question or help.
Free t-shirts every years
Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 30, 2015
It started good . Family just need more money to run their lifes. New company cars and paying for family stuff . Cutting employee pay 15%.
Pros
GOOD PEOPLE THAT WORK THEIR...
Cons
7 YEARS WITH RISES
they went out of business
Glue operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2015
I got laid off after management decided to let go of their biggest customer which led to me being laid off after 2 years of starting at the bottom and working my way up in the company.

Want to know more about Western Container?

Ask a question
fun work environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fife, WaAugust 21, 2012
If you have ever wondered how to make a coke bottle, a lot of work goes into it. From blow molding to quality inspections, you were able to see all aspects of the job. Everyone is very friendly, and willing to help. The only downside is that usually the hours were crazy.
Pros
cheap pops, clean, ability to learn new things
Cons
very little chance for advancement, have to know someone to get hired
Review summary of Western Container
Forklift operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 11, 2013
It was very productive and always room for advancement. The hardest part of the day was when a machine went down and we had to problem shoot it and get it back up. Each co-worker was willing and ready to help each other. Mangement always made sure each employee was trained accurately
Pros
Lots of over time
Cons
When you was short of help
My typical day at work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasJanuary 4, 2014
My previous job related skills from the company I worked from
was from a company call Western Container. Western Container
is one of coca cola plastic bottling companies.I worked a production line of plastic coca cola bottles that I stocked in their
warehouse. I pulled orders and load trucks of coca cola product
bottle to be delivered to coca cola. Unloaded returned dunage of
tear sheets, plastic bends and empty pallets to be restocked in
preform machines that process the plastic bottles. Shrink wrap
dunage, I also perform house cleaning duties in the area I
worked in at the end of my shift.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Tech (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Fast paced and great learning environment! Definintely a great company to work for! Not only was I trained further on my forklift skills but I also learned about dispatch and many other skills in the warehouse flow. Management and co workers are all very friendly and willing to help if I ever have questions.
Absolutley horrible
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2015
My experience with said company was absolutley horrible. The management was horrible and they were extremely disorganized and unprofessional in general.
great company with great workers and management
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 25, 2014
quality and safety where always this companys main focus great management and great people,it was truly a shame that its doors had to close do to restructuring
Pros
all employees where always rewarded with gifts for work well done
Cons
company closed
family atmosphere amongst employees
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 20, 2013
i found western containe to be a great place to work. we learned how to work as a team, and there was opportunity to move up and grow within the company. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the closeness of our work crew.
Pros
good wages, and opportunty to grow within the company
Cons
long shifts and night shift work mandatory
Great place to work, the HR is the best person I ever meet. Safe enviroment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Is exciting having every day a different challenges to accomplish our production goals.

The best is my shift team who support me and they know I support team.

Hardest part is working with new hires without the basic support when the expectations are high.
Pros
Free lunches, cheap sodas at breakrooom, Skill Base program
Cons
Traninig program
Fun people to work with
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2014
Any manufac company isn't the greatest, but me and the co workers made it a go. Had fun making bread and creating sandwiches. Management were my best friends
great environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TX.January 22, 2015
i really injoyed working for this company great people & staff a lot of interesting stuff to learn relearned how to drive a forklift.
Pros
great people
Cons
bigger warehouse, better pay for the busy days extra help for breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Container. Our community is ready to answer.