Western Container Employee Reviews

good place to work
Line Chief/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Industrial mechanic for the manufacturing of plastic bottles.
 Troubleshooting, conduct preventive maintenance and changeovers on production lines.
 Operating, servicing, setting-up and troubleshooting palletizers
 Supervise department of which included palletizers, sidels 24-24's and various quality control inspections and defection apparatuses
A bad work place I need something better
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 18, 2017
It was a very stressful work place I would like to have a job that would treat me fairly and we would have short breaks and it would be very hot I wouldn't work there again.
Pros
Bring your own lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great work environment.
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 17, 2017
Great place to start off work experience. Teaches you how to work with and communicate with others on how to solve and resolve problems. Great atmosphere.
Pros
Breaks, great atmosphere, great co workers.
Cons
Machines will break down occasionally. Heavy lifting.
Very High Pace Enviroment
Injection Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2017
Everyday will bring something different to your plate, always keep yo mind set on the edge and puts your skill and knowledge to the test, work culture very relax to some and very stressful for another
Pros
Good benefit packages and Overtime
Cons
Not individual evaluations
Fun to work with other people
Blow Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Big Spring TexasFebruary 9, 2017
Western Container was a fun place for me to work it involves bottle making for Coca-Cola and producing the best bottles in the low cost it was a safe environment. Good benefits and good insurance
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
A 30 minute lunch breaks
Great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 8, 2016
Great company with a family-type atmosphere. I worked there for six years as a truck driver, but due to a corporate decision the truck fleet was eliminated. I would go back to work for them immediately if possible.
productive fast pace work place
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  1000first Ave Big spring txJuly 7, 2016
Enjoy working in this fast pace work,enjoy working with all my peers,made a safe work job ,management work good with emplyes,learned to to read graphs and charts, understand injection process
Pros
great benfits
Cons
to many call ins
Great working environment where safety comes first
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2016
This company has some of the best working core values. It is a non profit company tied to Coca Cola. Team work is on the tongue of every member right after safety.
Pros
$0.50 20oz Coke products
Do NOT recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIDecember 27, 2015
This building stinks. So old and run down, they need to update the office. The lunch room is very dirty and has little fruit flies flying around. have to cover your drink because there are so many. They had to take out vending machine because they could not keep the mice out of it.
Management is a joke. They are not fair at all, I have seen them treat employees different and also customers different. They are not organized or have any type of workers manual.
The way they treat their customers is crazy. I would not recommend buying from them. They are not consistent on the pricing of the products and change it for all customers even if they are all buying same amount.
This company started in the 1940's and has not updated with the times. Very outdated with all paperwork and overall day to day.
Very low pay.
Pros
A couple nice people.
Cons
Most factory workers are ex-con. Workers getting cars repossessed in parking lot.
Production Techniacan
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXDecember 1, 2015
Worked 8-12 hours a day. learned how to keep an organized worked area and how to work with others. everyone I worked with had a positive attitude and helped me when I had a question or help.
Fast paced and busy work
Injection Technician (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZNovember 13, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced and long hours. I learned to do quality checks and process changes. Lots of management changes.My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was long hours on your feet and working with hot plastics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others.
Pros
Company picnics and benefits
Cons
Long hours and working around hot plastics.
Free t-shirts every years
Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 30, 2015
It started good . Family just need more money to run their lifes. New company cars and paying for family stuff . Cutting employee pay 15%.
Pros
Good people that work their...
Cons
7 Years with rises
they went out of business
Glue operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2015
I got laid off after management decided to let go of their biggest customer which led to me being laid off after 2 years of starting at the bottom and working my way up in the company.
Absolutley horrible
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2015
My experience with said company was absolutley horrible. The management was horrible and they were extremely disorganized and unprofessional in general.
great environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TX.January 22, 2015
i really injoyed working for this company great people & staff a lot of interesting stuff to learn relearned how to drive a forklift.
Pros
great people
Cons
bigger warehouse, better pay for the busy days extra help for breaks
Productive workplace
Warehouse Tech (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Fast paced and great learning environment! Definintely a great company to work for! Not only was I trained further on my forklift skills but I also learned about dispatch and many other skills in the warehouse flow. Management and co workers are all very friendly and willing to help if I ever have questions.
great company with great workers and management
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 25, 2014
quality and safety where always this companys main focus great management and great people,it was truly a shame that its doors had to close do to restructuring
Pros
all employees where always rewarded with gifts for work well done
Cons
company closed
I like what I do job but not fond of management
Blow Mold Technician (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAApril 16, 2014
You get written up if you get sick (0 sick days). If you plan on getting sick you have to give them 2 weeks notice. I wore earrings to work and almost got fired without warning. You have to be on your feet all day. I have a pedometer and yesterday at work ran around the floor and up and down stairs for 12 miles (avg 5-10 miles) You get in trouble if you're caught resting your legs by sitting down for a second. No cell phone usage. There is a book that is very tedious that determines how much you make and if you don't complete the first part in the first year then you're fired. If you don't complete the level they hired you on for then you are fired or they cut your pay a few dollars. I hurt my foot at work and apparently they don't like that (it messes up their numbers). They've been watching me and knit picking everything I do ever since. The management doesn't care about the employees and HR is right behind them. The people that work there are decent and the work is not bad.
Pros
Work isn't hard to learn, pay isn't bad
Cons
Management, Rules, etc.
Great place to work, the HR is the best person I ever meet. Safe enviroment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Is exciting having every day a different challenges to accomplish our production goals.

The best is my shift team who support me and they know I support team.

Hardest part is working with new hires without the basic support when the expectations are high.
Pros
Free lunches, cheap sodas at breakrooom, Skill Base program
Cons
Traninig program
productive and family owned
Manufactoring Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2014
It's an ok place to work while going to college. Great employees. learned alot about production, preventative maintenance, and skills to operate a Sheeter machine.
benefits
Cons
no advancement opportunities