Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2016
Worst dental office ever. From working 10+ hour shifts with NO breaks and 10 minute lunches PLUS being pregnant, to unfair office manager who favored other assistants and gave them special privileges.
The dentists were very grumpy all the time, the front dest receptionists would over book our schedules daily so we wouldn't get breaks and occasionally our lunch break would start after 4pm... Totally unacceptable!
The instruments were always broken, and many were missing...
RUN from this place.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
No breaks, 10 min lunches, management
No commission, poor benefits and poor management
Patient Care Coordinator & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAJuly 21, 2016
When I got hired I was told that I was going to receive a commission for my sales (the dental field is all about sales ( fillings, crowns, cleanings) so I used to sell a lot but never got what I was promised. People come late all the time and they don't get in trouble. It is a horrible company to work for. The Area Managers are terrible. They bully the Business managers and staff but never get in trouble. The H.R team does not do anything because everyone is related to each other and everything is about the sales.
Pros
I love my job and my company!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 13, 2016
Why do I love my job and Western Dental? This company welcomes employees who have passion, drive and a commitment for quality work and they reward you! Praises with lots of "atta boy's/girl's, perks and financial rewards! Excellent Team atmosphere! This company is not afraid to discuss growth opportunities and let leaders lead. Western Dental not only provides quality dental care to all but reward their employees for their job well done.
Fast paced invoronment open doors to learn procedures and regulations
Patient Care Coordinator/Biller (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 7, 2016
Very fast paced environment, often short handed with high employee turn over. Many opportunities to learn procedures and regulations and all kinds of positions. One must adapt to fill in the position needed at the time, from receptionist to BM. Compensation is not in monetary currency but in the expertise one will obtain. Very diversified, I love working with people from all backgrounds. Advancement opportunities will not come from within the company but from the skills you will acquire and will be able to utilize somewhere else. Great stepping stone.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
Cons
Advancement void. Employee retention.
Great Place to Work!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 7, 2016
I joined Western Dental in 2013 and I love it! I work at their Corporate office in Orange, CA. In the last 3 years I've been promoted 4 times! Management is great and recognizes when you work hard, you get rewarded :)

I love my co-workers! We work very well together and have each other's backs!

Overall, I've grown so much as a working professional and could not imagine working anywhere else at this point in my career.
Pros
Growth Opportunities
Fast paste,
Receptionist, PCC, and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAMay 13, 2016
Western Dental was a great job to learn how to pick up computer and receptionist skills. You have to learn the dental terminology and the system quickly, but it really helps with picking up information while training. The most difficult part for me was learning all the dental terminology. However, the best part is working with doctors on making a great experience for our clients. The staff was amazing as well as learning how to manage an office by relocating and taking on an assistant managers position.
Pros
Able to move up within company
Cons
Great place, dental work done perfectly
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 21, 2016
Western Dental was a very nice place for patients. It is a very clean and friendly dental office. Staff was always friendly and polite to patients, never had any problems and the job was always done correctly therefore I will always recommend Western Dental. My favorite thing to do was to assist the dentist in dental procedures.
Pros
friendly place
benefits
Good experience but horrible service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 2, 2016
working here was a great experience for me . But the management sucks as a receptionist we are the first people the patients see. We get so many patients with complaints and the manager doesn't even seem to care . She lets us handle them. Pay is horrible new people who barely get there get payed more than people who have been there longer.
Pros
Hour lunches great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Bad place!!! Ur better at mcdonalds
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 31, 2016
Very horrible !!! PLACE TO WORK COMPANY IS NoT ORGANIZED AT ALL pay rate bad for everything they make you do ur working like a slave, supervisor care more about sl**ping with coworkers then actually getting something done. Everyone sits on there butts doing nothing
Pros
Cons
Try to control ur lunches and breaks
Terrible office
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 2, 2016
This office sucks. Horrible management, horrible doctors. The doctors would literally say "we should have diagnosed more" to get more money from patients. I would never recommend anybody to work or get treatment from this office. All the staff would talk about was how rude the new manager was all the time& the lady doctor is a drama queen and only cares about getting money
Pros
Hour lunch, pay
Cons
they loved to call me out
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 7, 2016
I worked with 2 woman tht loved to call me out and make me feel bad for being myself. they were sneaky and hateful woman and they reminded me off the mean girls
Pros
weekends off
Cons
they over charged patients, rude employees
Great enviroment to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 7, 2016
It was a great experience working with great staff at western dental. They have great dentist staff, friendly staff. I really enjoy working with miss bianca the manager.
Pros
GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Cons
NO CONS ON MY BEHAVE
Call center ca
Western Dental Corporate (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 28, 2015
was a fast paced call center, loved all calls were incoming. booked ortho and would easily make up to 15-25 dollars an hour based on commmision, was very easy to switch days off, great benefits and 401k life and health plus discounted dental work. LOVED HAVING MY OWN CUBICAL AND NO ONE RIDING YOU.. if you enjoy talking on the phone and sitting for hours plus making easy money best job.. all you do is make appointments and get paid for customers to show up. LEARNED A LOT ABOUT DENTAL AND INSURANCES...
Pros
DISCOUNTED DENTAL
Cons
REALLY BUSY
Unprofessional management and staff.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 21, 2016
The "customer is always right" statement is not practiced. Leads/managers steal sales from each other and upper management when notified showed no concern.
great workplace
Customer Service/Collections i helped customers (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 2, 2016
i gained a lot of collection experience great training available. very enthusiastic environment perks were weekly prizes.
always wiling to help patints
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2016
Great way to open the door and build a foundation. western dental overall are there for the patients. They work with you an offer great payment plans
Pros
reimburse you
Cons
short breaks
It's average
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 12, 2016
Great environment to work in, need better management skills and time management as well.
communication would take the company further between DA's and Doctor's
Pros
the patients and the early schedule
Cons
n/a
billing
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 27, 2016
everyone who worked there was al related somehow down the line. so your job wasn't secure because new bees were coming in left and right from referrals. mgmnt was not ran at its best. easy job was being on phones appealing cases with insurance
Awful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Nothing good to say about this company
They don't care for employees.
Buena park office I feel beyond bad for who ever ends up working there
Everyone is rude there.
Dr. Just wants to make money of ppl
Manger is stuck up
Good luck ppl
Pros
productive and fast-paced dental clinic
back floor supervisor/dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 29, 2015
Working for this company taught me everything I know in dental assisting. You get to experience different dentists' techniques and how to be versatile in this job field. Advancement within this company is attainable and hard work will be acknowledged. Dedication and willingness will be rewarded. It is a great place to start if you are interested in a career in the dental field.
Pros
learn skills and various different techniques to take with you with future jobs
Cons
long wait times due to clinic atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Dental & Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9