Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Good job
Dental Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 28, 2017
Awesome such a big company lot of work mostly from medical patient. I experience to work with the high phase and different cases. Our company takes care of our well being and reward our hardship and appreciate us.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Medical to much work
bad pay/bad hours
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85203May 27, 2017
They make you feel like your just a number. Bad pay and super long hours. You have no life working here and then you get a terrible paycheck. Employees are unappreciated.
Cons
bad pay
Great place to start in the dental field
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 26, 2017
I think it is a good place to start if your a beginner or been in dental field for years, because they give benefits and job is secure. I enjoyed working fir western dental. Management was good. Always busy there so time flew by quick.
Pros
Secure job, benefits
Cons
Low pay
great to build work experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 24, 2017
not a very good diverse work force. Patients were not treated as equal, especially medi-cal. We were taught to tend to the patients who paid cash and had great medical insurance. Western dental isn't a company you can grow in. The worst dental office they can offer patients. The doctors not well trained either. I recommend getting people who actually care for the people. And not how much money was made or not made that month.
Pros
great lunch time
Cons
short breaks, also during break was called off
Dental
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working in this office i was taught so many things . I really enjoyed working with the staff.i want to run an office one day just like this clinic
Pros
Private Dental office
Cons
Health caresa
Terrible
PCC (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 15, 2017
Just get your experience with a pay check and then leave. Management does not care about you nor their patients, they just want to meet their goals. They're over-priced and doctors always over-diagnose you!
Work hard, never get a good job, always told you can do better
Worker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 12, 2017
difficult place to work. Things are not cohesive and management doesn't care about anything but numbers. If you have a degree and experience, RUN, because this place doesn't have room for advancement and doesn't cater to building employees.
fast phase
RDA/DA (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2017
its a very demanding company. great place to work if you are up to the challenge. It has advancement opportunity for you to grow in your career. Good sponsorship programs.
A great place to learn and start your career!
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 7, 2017
WDS gives opportunity to anyone willing to work hard to grow. They are a very focused organization and are fortunate to have and retain amazing dentists and orthodontists.
Pros
Hard working, focused and smart people
Cons
Very much a corporate culture
Nothing good to say
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Redding, caMay 1, 2017
Do not work here if you are a valued employee and have self worth. They do not take are of their employees or their patients. Money is what they focus on and the staff is rude and disrespectful.
Always crowded never enough staff
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 30, 2017
Rude front desks employees, always crowded double booked under staffed. A lot of unqualified assistants who are lazy, late, and always in a rush. Always turning patients away because they have high treatment plans
Pros
No Sunday work, hour lunch break, great hours
Cons
Understaff, rude, not a great dental office
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 26, 2017
Working at western dental was a great expericence they treated you like family and worked with your schedule. Great job to start off if flipping burgers ain't for you .
Pros
Good hours to work
Western Dental
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 24, 2017
fun placed to learn and work at the same time. There was games they provided us employees to participate which taking up to 100 dreadful calls. They understand the pressure we were going against on a daily basic and always managed to keep us happy with extra bunoses
Horrible company to work for
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 13, 2017
I worked for the company for three years. Began as a receptionist and was moved up to a Care Coordinator. The front office does so much and is never recorgnized, management is always adding more for you to do. You have to meet sale goals which is never mentioned when getting the job. You have to sell treatment and terrible products to patients or the doctor and management will get on to you. The management is very very very unprofessional.
Benefits
great place to gain experience
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 5, 2017
Loved everybody i worked with. Very fast paced place to work.You learn a lot of specialtys here. A typical is always very busy, never a dull moment, need to stay on top of things so you get behind.
Pros
Learned a lot of experience
Cons
No appreciation
Good
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 5, 2017
Good company need to work on the communication skills with contractors and work on time management contractors make a business as well appreciate them
Pros
Remote Legit work from home
Cons
Management communication
Learning experience for a graduate
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAApril 4, 2017
High volume of patients, the doctor's don't care about the patients. Work quality on patients mouth is bad. I don't know how this corporation is still running.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Low wages
always a great day at western
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 29, 2017
Great doctors and dental assistants. teamwork was always the way to make the patients experience the best in the dental office. I learned that there is always room for improvement in all aspects of work.
Horrible place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 25, 2017
rude people
no one spoke english
it was like working in a sweat shop
they would get mad if you went to the bathroom more than 2 times a day.
dirty environment
Pros
break room had a TV
Fun work place
Provider Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 20, 2017
I been with this company since 2006, I have learn a lot of dental terminology , I have work in Member Services and Provider Relations both departments are so different but good to learn about your company .

Love my co-works there like family
Pros
flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Dental & Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9