Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Good place to get experience
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 14, 2017
Western dental is a good place to get patient care experience and customer service skills! Might be a little stressful at times due to the manner of how patients are scheduled, but overall it's a good place to gain experience.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
upset patients due to wait times
fast paced job, great environment.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAOctober 10, 2017
WD is a good company to work for and gain experience. Staff members are really nice. a typical day at the office is patients ever 5 mins. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and patient complain about the wait time.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 6, 2017
This is a place to get experience and run from here, the management seem great during the interview, then no control while working, they have a company in Honduras that makes the schedule and handle monthly progress.
Pros
You get lunch and breaks.
Cons
You work six days a weeks, but they split one day during the week since you work a weekend.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 4, 2017
Greet and sign in patients
Scheduling and confirming orthodontic and general appointments
Answering telephones, and conducting important office procedures to ensure the efficiency of the office
Great speakers for CE's
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles CountyOctober 2, 2017
Fast paced when busy. Schedules flux in a matter of minutes. Management need to help on employee issues faster. Besides all this, I love what I do for my patients.
Pros
Free CE's
fun place
Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2017
I really love working there I enjoy all the staff members, always in a happy mode, my manager was great she did a great job back then I have a lot of flexibility with my schedule
No loyalty
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Was hired to help the orthodontics at the indian school office but bit off more than I could chew. The orthodontist was crazy and the office manager was too worried about making friends with her co workers.
Pros
always busy
Cons
never went home
horrible micromangement
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 25, 2017
horrible ethics, cheat patients, micromanagement, no room to grow, horrible scehdules, can't use the restroom, bad parking, HORRIBLE Upper management!
Company was pretty chill
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 22, 2017
They expect you to do so much, with not a good pay. I learned how to deal with some very mad patients. I enjoyed the time I worked here, but i would not go back.
Worst place to work at ...
PCC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Managers only look out for themselves ,they make you travel to every location they have and promise you travel expense but never pay you ,work so many hrs and instead of paying you over time they want to send you to longer lunches .....
Pros
Experience
Cons
Too much stress and drama, noone cares for their employees
Western Dental Experience
Dental Assistant (Ortho) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 17, 2017
I was very lucky to have worked with a doctor who enjoys his job and truly care about his patients. The office that I worked at needs new management. The workplace is was not a healthy environment and unprofessional. My floor supervisor regularly abused her authority, played favorites in the workplace and gossiped. Both the manager and floor supervisors have no leadership skills in the workplace.
stressful overworked environment
Dental Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 13, 2017
very unprofessional environment, no recognition of there employees, no opportunity for growth,They need better training for there employees ,Management always replacing directors.
Pros
shecdule
Cons
poor training, stress, overworked and not paid enough
N/a
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2017
Always lots of patients , we work very hard to manage the wait time for patients, always busy, you learn something new everyday, the best thing to do is to always try your best, have a good time, stay focus and always smile
Pros
Fast
Cons
Fast
Fast-paced and low compensation
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 8, 2017
Upper management micromanages the locations and the management onsite is held accountable for everything no matter what which can be disastrous. The hardest part is the constant mistakes made within their system. The compensation for management was low in comparison to the market and dealing with dissatisfied patients on a daily basis made it stressful.
Pros
Paid vacation days
Cons
long hours and patient complaints
Orthopedic
Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 8, 2017
Western Dental is a horrible place to work for. They only care about money they book 8 appointments for every 30 minutes. Always running behind schedule. The employees are paid minimum wage and they are worked like slaves. They get written up for having low payments which one has no control over sometimes patients dont have money and they take it out on their employees.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Do not work here
Great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAAugust 31, 2017
I loved working there drs and patients are awesome ! Gained alot of experince & i loved how we had a set schedule! Loved it! I totally recomend this job
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Short breaks
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 30, 2017
All day is a fun environment all patients feel very nervous once on the dental chair. so once the patient talks with the back office and doctors all worries are left at the door.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no paid vacation
ok job to have
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 29, 2017
This job was ok although very high paced. The doctors are all very nice. Management not so much. They expect a lot from you for little pay. This was my lowest paid dental job in Cali at that.....
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 29, 2017
overall a good place to work, i enjoyed working there. great team experience, good bonuses, good work hours, great location, just an overall good working enviornment.
good place to work, but could be a lot better
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 29, 2017
when I was working there, I learned a lot when it came to dental work & why it is so expensive to get dental work done. I had a great experience working for western dental, but wish that I could of continued my experience with them to better my career. unfortunely that didn't happen. would like to find a office that is hirring but don't know where to go just moved to Austin TX. if anybody or any office is willing to hire me I just need here from u.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
very competative work envierment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Dental & Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9