Western Dental & Orthodontics Employee Reviews

productive and great learning environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 22, 2017
I will start with hardest part of my job which is the high volume of patients we take in daily due to the different types of insurances qualified within our company . Management is okay regarding production and keeping work environment steady and handling all situations in a professional manner. Staying productive is no problem since there is always something to do whether if its taking xrays or assisting the dentist with dental procedures and staying with the patient at all times and making sure their visit is comfortable while meeting their needs.
Pros
comfortable and productive working environment with more learning opportunities
Cons
salary
Rdh
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2016
Job security, good pay, good hours, a lot of changes happen quickly but if your not scared to learn new ideas and learn new skills why not this is a good place to work. Some doctors are very good with pts. some are not. Western dental, I would say have more honest doctors and employees than people think they do. Management I rated it lower because most know how to sell and do insurance not dental work so they have little experience how to handle the back office.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, benefits
Cons
management
good benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 22, 2017
a secure job through this company. the benefits are great. i would reccommend anybody who is lookin for a full time. if you put your mind into whatever position you apply for you learn ery quick. when the office is busy of course you need to multi task. doctors are great as well as the co workers. as lon as the office is a team your office will run smoothly.
Pros
good workin environment
Cons
when busy, its busy
orthodontics receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 11, 2016
when i worked there it was a minimum wage job at $8/hr after my first year i thought id get a raise and was turned down. the first manager was great, but after they switched management the 2nd manager wasn't very helpful. it was a daily filing job only certain days we had a dr in the office a lot of entering data in the system. it was a very friend environment with co workers
front office receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CANovember 15, 2016
My main job description is to register current patients for doctor visits. That includes verifying information of the patient, then checking eligibility for the patient and getting them ready for the doctor. I handle numerous phone lines at once, as well as helping the patients in person with questions. I work for general medicine so I am very use to heavy volume.
friendly staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 14, 2016
our stay was always happy to be at work, i learned so many things their, management was awesome almost like family.
my co-workers where pretty amazing people form all walks of life and all have there own personalities, the hardest part of the job was when it was a slow day at the office but thats when i would take advantage of getting to know the awesome people i worked with.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Poor management
PCC (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CANovember 4, 2016
Great workplace, productive & fast paced with friendly front & back staff. You must defend yourself when patients are yelling/throwing stuff at you cause the manager pretend she's on lunch and sit in her office all day either on her phone or watching television. She doesn't come help you as what an manager supposed to do. Manager have personal issue that she bring in to work. She never smile nor greet you. She will sit in her office all day yelling at her families overphone. When you have questions related to work, she take it out on you and yelled out "what do you want!!" The only time she on floor is when her boss is coming. Then she pretend she working hard. When patients call to speak to her, she'll have them on hold or she's in conferences call when there's isn't any. Western dental is good to work for experiences. Just poor management!!
Pros
dentists & receptionists are great
Cons
Horrible manager
Gained a lot of experince working in fast paced dental office
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2016
Very fast paced your always busy taking x-rays, setting up and breaking down rooms, sterilizing, helping assist the doctors. There is a lot of team work which was nice and the co-workers are very nice and pleasant to be around. this is a great place to work at you learn to be fast, work with different specialties and how to really communicate well with others
fast pase.
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 13, 2017
typical dar at western dental has to always have more then half of work patients upset. These company dose not value there employees. Worked for them for close to two years and i did lots of hard work and it never payed off.
Pros
short brakes if lucky
Cons
short brakes
Constantly Busy and Moving the company forward
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 12, 2016
The day in the life of an operations manager at Western Dental is that you must be constantly on your toes. Always having peripheral vision and making sure that every "t" is crossed and to ensure that every single customer is treated the same no matter how difficult they maybe. I loved my job and appreciate the mentorship the company has offered over the years.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Healthcare
my career
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 26, 2016
The company it self is ok . i just love my career and meeting different people and working to gain new knowledge and skills to move further up in my career....i've learned implants,Oral Surgery thanks to the doctors.
Pros
stabiilty with your hours
Cons
Lack of communication, short breaks, no team effort, NO SATURDAYS OFF unless approved.
RUN AWAY! Unprofessional at all times!!!! Honestly fed up with the expectations, goals and nothing is really important to them
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2016
but all the "revenue". UNREALSTIC GOALS- so much demanding and no work life balance at at. No vacation given, so much problems with upper management giving promotions to people who don't even know how to work or do the job right.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
receptionist/ insurance biller
Receptionist/Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 16, 2016
i enjoyed entering data answering phones, bookkeeping, opening/closing the office, greeting patients. this is the kind of job i took classes for back in high school. i enjoy customer service and any job having to do with office work.
Super professional and family atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 5, 2017
People are so helpful and enthusiastic in this company. we used to work together as a family and we push each other towards achieving the required goals in order to achieve maximum satisfaction and quality.
Excellent work environment providing quality dental treatment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 13, 2016
Putting a smile on a patients face is what makes me feel we are doing a great job. Our office is open Monday through Saturday to ensure our patients can schedule their respective appointments.
Pros
5 Star Service`
Horrible place !
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2016
Been working here for a while but the office is horrible rats invading our parking lots homeless sleeping outside our doors a lot of favoritism with management and assistants you want to request a day off and it's like world war 2 hate working long Saturday's hours vary on week days but still low pay for RDAs with experience 12/13$ unbelievable!!!
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Dental Assistant
Back floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 12, 2016
Dental assistant sterilization tech, Took patients back got them ready to see the doctor,chair side, x-ray tech. Back floor supervisor
the company wasn't organized and it was hard to take the patients to the highest level of care. Not very well patient flow . But the opportunity was great just not what I was looking for.
Pros
Trained me to be a Dental Assistant
Cons
not organized
Nice place to get experience, super fast-paced job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 27, 2016
Working here has been great. I started off knowing not much about dental work, and now months later I feel completely comfortable explaining procedures to patients. It is a very fast-paced job specially if it's just one receptionist, which in my case I have been, and still am the only one. On a regular day I check in about 6 patients an hour if not more. All my co-workers are very friendly. It is definitely a great environment.
Very productive place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 16, 2016
Western dental was great. Very busy environment , my coworkers were very friendly and nice. The only thing I didnt like about western dental not enough doctors and to many patients daily.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
two ten minute breaks
Friendly and good customer services
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 19, 2016
Western Dental is a great company.
I love the office hours and friends team members.
They have a good support for all staff, a good team of the trainer to ensure all of the staff are train properly base on their job tittle. Excellent!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Dental & Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.

55%