WESTERN DENTAL CENTERS

WESTERN DENTAL CENTERS Employee Reviews in United States

Good experience but horrible service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 2, 2016
working here was a great experience for me . But the management sucks as a receptionist we are the first people the patients see. We get so many patients with complaints and the manager doesn't even seem to care . She lets us handle them. Pay is horrible new people who barely get there get payed more than people who have been there longer.
Pros
Hour lunches great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Terrible office
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 2, 2016
This office sucks. Horrible management, horrible doctors. The doctors would literally say "we should have diagnosed more" to get more money from patients. I would never recommend anybody to work or get treatment from this office. All the staff would talk about was how rude the new manager was all the time& the lady doctor is a drama queen and only cares about getting money
Pros
Hour lunch, pay
Horrible work environment!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 7, 2016
Ive never worked at a place so terrible. Nothing but gossip in the office and unprofessional manager/dentists. From my first day to my last day working at western dental, which was only ten days because thats how horrible it is, all the office staff ever talked about is how horrible their manager is and how they should all quit and walk out together one day. The staff also assured me i will end up hating working their also and that i will probably go home some nights crying because some of them have done so!! The only time the manager ever offered to assist a patient is if it involved more money for her. Also, the manager would literally just stand around and acts as if she was unable to hear angry, upset patients yelling at the staff. Dentists also get angry when patients, who need to pay a lot of money for a big procedure, reschedule because then they dont get their bonus. I actually was yelled at by one of the dentists in front of staff and other patients because i rescheduled a patients appointment due to having something important come up. As a receptionist, rescheduling appointments is part of my job. I cannot forcibly keep a patient and continue to make them wait so the dentists can get a bigger bonus!!! Keep in mind also, it was only my tenth day of work. I was still extremely new and still getting adjusted to working there, but being yelled at in front of peers and patients waiting to be seen was the last straw. Talk about extremely rude and unprofessional!! I quit the next day and didnt even show up for work. Western dental didnt show me an ounce of respect while i  more... worked there. Constantly being micro managed and forced to say and do certain things like a brainless robot because it kept the manager happy. Terrible, unethical work place. Stay away from western dental on wilson way in stockton, ca. Maybe you will have better luck at another office, but from what i heard while working there, the wilson way location is the worst. I blame management. I actually enjoyed being a receptionist for the few days i was employed there but the environment was just too toxic for my liking. There are plenty of dead end jobs to work for and western dental is not the one to sell your soul for.  less
Pros
Full time, sundays off
Cons
Everything!
Get experience and move on
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 1, 2016
I read a lot of reviews on here and I can tell you yes it's that bad. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing half the time. Office are focused on sales most of the time though they claim otherwise. They will always recommend the most expensive treatments plan vs lower cost options. Patients will constantly call in saying they didn't know any better because they trusted the professionals and they are right. Some offices have doctors with well known reputations to do poor quality work and when a complaint comes in about them you here "oh yes we get a lot of complaints about him or her". Really ? And they are still there. Oh yes doctors and managers are constantly moving locations so offices are mess because of this.

And now corporate. You have a corporate high schools is what you have. Managers leads and supervisors are always at each other blaming the other dept for not doing their job and causing delays in theirs. They talk so much trash on each other its not even funny. You have a lot of backstabbing. This is probably because departments are always being dismantled and reassembled under a new title. Procedures and constantly changing. Billling is questionable always check with you insurance because they do charge for things they did not do. Auditing is a joke. If an audit is done and a refund is found for $700 dollars centralizes billing will audit it again with anything they can do make you refund all buy disappear. Mangement turn around is high. I had 2 ceos my time there. Training sucks buy some how its your fault for not knowing. They claim
  more... to want to provide the best UPE AKA ultimate patient experience or have 5 star service but its really the opposite. They business practices are very questionable.

Health insurance benefits suck if you add anyone except your self. Dental is okay but you have to use their office and im not exaggerating when i say i would hear people at corporations say they would never take their family or themselves to our own offices.
Pros
Gain experience meet nice people
Cons
Everything else
Awful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Nothing good to say about this company
They don't care for employees.
Buena park office I feel beyond bad for who ever ends up working there
Everyone is rude there.
Dr. Just wants to make money of ppl
Manger is stuck up
Good luck ppl
N/a
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAOctober 13, 2015
Office work, great environment, a lot of upset people, easy job, not to stressful, very diverse and customers were great
worse place imaginable for great pay ironically
reception (Former Employee) –  converse, san antonioSeptember 4, 2015
Every man for himself, manager chooses favorites
Gossip, back stabbing, if your new you'll get blamed for every mistake. You must have thick skin and a backbone to work here.
Pros
great pay
Cons
everything
no have
RDA (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 16, 2015
The main characteristic of atypical depression that distinguishes it from melancholic depression is mood reactivity. In other words, the person with atypical depression will see his or her mood improve if something positive happens. In melancholic depression, positive changes will seldom bring on a change in mood. In addition, diagnostic criteria call for at least two of the following symptoms to accompany the mood reactivity:
•Sleeping too much (hypersomnia)
•Increased appetite or weight gain
•Having a more intense reaction or increased sensitivity to rejection
Pros
lunch one hours
Cons
5 minte
Do not come here
Patient care (Current Employee) –  SacramentoJuly 30, 2015
If you have any morals do not come here. This is the most corrupt organization I have ever seen. There is no sense of doing the right thing production is God and and one who works here will regret it.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything!
Horrible staff wish I could give no stars!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 14, 2015
Had the worst trainers! They would make me and another new girl feel scared to ask any questions because they would say they were annoyed and also make rude comments about us. How did they expect us to learn( let me remind you it was barely our 3rd day). Even the manager was unprofessional when I told her what was happening she basically said I need to get used to people talking down to me and I'm lucky previous employees weren't there because they were worse! No thank you I left the job ASAP. Also they had the worst customer service they were horrible to customers and patients. I believe it's the people that run that office not the company, I hope!
Pros
Didn't experience pros
Cons
Everything!

Want to know more about WESTERN DENTAL CENTERS?

Ask a question
great working enviorment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  PasadenaFebruary 26, 2015
Within every working company I have worked for I always have given them a 100% positive attitude! I get to see new people everyday Enjoyed everything about this position.
Not As Advertised
New Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2015
I interviewed for this job being told that it was customer service, not sales. LIES LIES LIES!! When I asked about production quota, I was told they don't have any. As soon as I'm on the floor, we're told to push orthodontic appts, and that we need a certain number of daily shows. That's a sales job.
If that isn't bad enough, your performance is based on an overly complicated, multi-factor algorithm based on bookings, shows, graded calls, customer feedback, and "productivity". Productivity is Big Brother's score of how well you stay on the phone, because rest assured, they know of every move you make and how long it takes. "Adherence" is a score that they use a lot to ding agents. Clock in but don't sign into the phone immediately because you are signing into the other systems they need open, get dinged. Go to the bathroom a lot? Get dinged. (The bathrooms are dirty, overcrowded, and out of toilet paper half the time, anyways.) Come back from break 30 late, get dinged. You get the point. The quality score has to undergo a "matchmaking" process due to all of the systems that go into it, so accuracy can suffer.
The offices don't know what corporate is doing and vice versa. The offices just know corporate overbooks. Patients get caught up in the middle. WD says it listens and cares, it cares about money, and that's about it.
Pros
full time, good coworkers
Cons
micromanagement, pressure to upsell patients, dishonesty in upper management.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Desert Sky Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2014
An unethical company all together. .36 cent yearly raise, doctors that are worse than car dealership salesmen... diagnosing treatment that is not needed just to charge the patient broke and make production. Its a disgusting copmany to work for. Even tho the office I worked at was a million dollar office, they underpay all their employees and lack fixing equiptment. Im grateful for the experience and glad that I no longer work there!! Ur better off being unemployed than working for this company!!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else!!
Well.!!
Receptionist/clerk/ pcc (Current Employee) –  LA, CaFebruary 26, 2014
I'm looking for a new better paying job. If it wasn't for my co workers, this place would really suck. I'm greatful that I'm employeed but there's no raises, no appreciation.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Horrible benefits, sick pay,vacation pay, bad management
dental assistant (Former Employee) –  los angelesFebruary 2, 2014
Be prepared to work 9-6 or 10-7 with overtime m-f 8-4:30 on saturdays for this fast paced office. Salary is 9-10 for DA's they will give you about a 10-50 cent raise in a year if approved. They're schedules are always overbooked so the staff is always overworked with no breaks. They're human resources dept also will not help you if you have an issue. Working here is definitely a stressful environment good luck to you if you work here and if you feel comfortable lying to the patients telling them they need unnecessary work done
Also, there pedo dept is the worst that I have seen honestly can't comprehend how these offices havent been shut down by OSHA
Pros
sick, vacation pay
Cons
no breaks, bad health and dental benefits, work late hours
Corporate: Outdated systems, low starting wages, inexperienced OM's, etc...etc...
Not important (Former Employee) –  Orange,December 26, 2013
You can get away with just about anything but you will not be terminated for your actions. You are considered cheap labor so they rather keep you than to actually search for qualified people to replace you.

Company ownership has a high turnover rate and it seems as if WDS gets "bought" over every other year. This year, we were told that the California Teachers Union is one of the few investors. That explains why many of us at the corporate level received a laughable, to no raise.

Management is inexperienced and has no idea as to how to approach employees. Also, management likes to constantly play musical chairs with employees as they move and shuffle departments around all the time. At least this keeps the lack luster IT department extremely busy. Management is rarely seen, unless when they "clique" up together and head out to lunch.

Certain "department leads" are very experienced but are too scared to ask for a fitting wage. Other department leads were promoted for being friends with the manager. Overall, they act professional but do not comprehend the actual job requirements and walk around as if they are an important figure.

The collections department is another area that needs revamping as a whole. But you can not blame them for others mistakes.

Regional managers are too busy pushing financial quotas on to their office managers and do not have the time to interfere with actual escalated patient dispute or concerns. Although the company prides itself on Ultimate Patient Experience, there is no sense of customer service.

Western Dental as a whole is unethical and practices
  more... borderline fraud. The CFO calls the shots but I suspect that no one is overlooking his actions. The CFO is also known to be a sort of creeper and on many occasions, have overheard multiple female employees discussing how sexually inappropriate he acted towards them.  less
Pros
3 hour early leave before holidays, 2% raises, ample parking, state of the art computer systems, far from google-like incentives, dental service "discounts", etc..etc....
Cons
stay away
Fun work environment
Dental Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 27, 2013
This is a very fun place to work but they are very overbooked which means they over work staff . This company doesn't pay very well unless you've been there over 5 years and doesn't like to approve raises.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
cheep dont want to pay for quality and overwork staff
Pcc
PCC (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 2, 2013
PCCs enter exams and sell patient treatment plans from the dentist diagnosis.
The company expects you to stay over $1,100.00 average in sales. The PDMs (regional managers) and Business Managers push you to get over $1,400. Most PCC can not get above $1,000.00. Expect to get disciplined or fired for low sales.
You must work at a fast pace to keep up with patients and work load. No overtime is allowed!!
PCCs not the manager is responsibile for resolving patient complaints... they scream daily about the looooong wait times, misleading marketing, billing issues, harassing corporate phone calls, and depending on the dentist who did the treatment, the poor quality dental care.
You spend most of your day with patients, and you will be expected to follow-up on insurance billing, call appointments, assist receptions, and do many other administrative duties.
Pros
a good place for inexperienced dentist, managers, dental assistant, and admin staff.
Cons
etc.
Fast pace environment
Receptionist/ Credit Clerk (Former Employee) –  3170 N. Arizona Ave suite 101 Chandler, AZ 85225August 20, 2012
A typical day at work, when we were shorted staffed. I just had to check in and out patients. It was kinda of difficult but still managed to get my job done with a smile on my face. My manager was very nice but made sure everyone was getting their job done. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when I was credit clerk and had to call patients that had past due accounts and try to get them to make a payment. Alot of people would yell at me and hang up but I had to make sure I got all my calls done. The most enjoyable part was working at the front desk receptionist. I loved helping patients checking them in scheduling appointments for them ect.
Exciting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJune 20, 2012
Nice co-workers friendly respectful
I learned a lot about teeth & xrays
how to create charts
Pros
nice dentist & assistants
Cons
district manager was rude & disrespectful