WESTERN DENTAL CENTERS

WESTERN DENTAL CENTERS United States Employee Reviews

Not As Advertised
New Patient Representative (Former Employee), Orange, CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: full time, good coworkers
Cons: micromanagement, pressure to upsell patients, dishonesty in upper management.
I interviewed for this job being told that it was customer service, not sales. LIES LIES LIES!! When I asked about production quota, I was told they don't have any. As soon as I'm on the floor, we're told to push orthodontic appts, and that we need a certain number of daily shows. That's a sales job.
If that isn't bad enough, your performance is based on an overly complicated, multi-factor algorithm based on bookings, shows, graded calls, customer feedback, and "productivity". Productivity is Big Brother's score of how well you stay on the phone, because rest assured, they know of every move you make and how long it takes. "Adherence" is a score that they use a lot to ding agents. Clock in but don't sign into the phone immediately because you are signing into the other systems they need open, get dinged. Go to the bathroom a lot? Get dinged. (The bathrooms are dirty, overcrowded, and out of toilet paper half the time, anyways.) Come back from break 30 late, get dinged. You get the point. The quality score has to undergo a "matchmaking" process due to all of the systems that go into it, so accuracy can suffer.
The offices don't know what corporate is doing and vice versa. The offices just know corporate overbooks. Patients get caught up in the middle. WD says it listens and cares, it cares about money, and that's about it.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), Desert Sky Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else!!
An unethical company all together. .36 cent yearly raise, doctors that are worse than car dealership salesmen... diagnosing treatment that is not needed just to charge the patient broke and make production. Its a disgusting copmany to work for. Even tho the office I worked at was a million dollar office, they underpay all their employees and lack fixing equiptment. Im grateful for the experience and glad that I no longer work there!! Ur better off being unemployed than working for this company!!
Well.!!
Receptionist/clerk/ pcc (Current Employee), LA, CaFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: pay
I'm looking for a new better paying job. If it wasn't for my co workers, this place would really suck. I'm greatful that I'm employeed but there's no raises, no appreciation.
Horrible benefits, sick pay,vacation pay, bad management
dental assistant (Former Employee), los angelesFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: sick, vacation pay
Cons: no breaks, bad health and dental benefits, work late hours
Be prepared to work 9-6 or 10-7 with overtime m-f 8-4:30 on saturdays for this fast paced office. Salary is 9-10 for DA's they will give you about a 10-50 cent raise in a year if approved. They're schedules are always overbooked so the staff is always overworked with no breaks. They're human resources dept also will not help you if you have an issue. Working here is definitely a stressful environment good luck to you if you work here and if you feel comfortable lying to the patients telling them they need unnecessary work done
Also, there pedo dept is the worst that I have seen honestly can't comprehend how these offices havent been shut down by OSHA
Corporate: Outdated systems, low starting wages, inexperienced OM's, etc...etc...
Not important (Former Employee), Orange,December 26, 2013
Pros: 3 hour early leave before holidays, 2% raises, ample parking, state of the art computer systems, far from google-like incentives, dental service "discounts", etc..etc....
Cons: stay away
You can get away with just about anything but you will not be terminated for your actions. You are considered cheap labor so they rather keep you than to actually search for qualified people to replace you.

Company ownership has a high turnover rate and it seems as if WDS gets "bought" over every other year. This year, we were told that the California Teachers Union is one of the few investors. That explains why many of us at the corporate level received a laughable, to no raise.

Management is inexperienced and has no idea as to how to approach employees. Also, management likes to constantly play musical chairs with employees as they move and shuffle departments around all the time. At least this keeps the lack luster IT department extremely busy. Management is rarely seen, unless when they "clique" up together and head out to lunch.

Certain "department leads" are very experienced but are too scared to ask for a fitting wage. Other department leads were promoted for being friends with the manager. Overall, they act professional but do not comprehend the actual job requirements and walk around as if they are an important figure.

The collections department is another area that needs revamping as a whole. But you can not blame them for others mistakes.

Regional managers are too busy pushing financial quotas on to their office managers and do not have the time to interfere with actual escalated patient dispute or concerns. Although the company prides itself on Ultimate Patient Experience, there is no sense of customer service.

Western Dental as a whole is unethical and practices borderline fraud. The CFO calls the shots but I suspect that no one is overlooking his actions. The CFO is also known to be a sort of creeper and on many occasions, have overheard multiple female employees discussing how sexually inappropriate he acted towards them.
Fun work environment
Dental Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: cheep dont want to pay for quality and overwork staff
This is a very fun place to work but they are very overbooked which means they over work staff . This company doesn't pay very well unless you've been there over 5 years and doesn't like to approve raises.
PCC
PCC (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: a good place for inexperienced dentist, managers, dental assistant, and admin staff.
Cons: etc.
PCCs enter exams and sell patient treatment plans from the dentist diagnosis.
The company expects you to stay over $1,100.00 average in sales. The PDMs (regional managers) and Business Managers push you to get over $1,400. Most PCC can not get above $1,000.00. Expect to get disciplined or fired for low sales.
You must work at a fast pace to keep up with patients and work load. No overtime is allowed!!
PCCs not the manager is responsibile for resolving patient complaints... they scream daily about the looooong wait times, misleading marketing, billing issues, harassing corporate phone calls, and depending on the dentist who did the treatment, the poor quality dental care.
You spend most of your day with patients, and you will be expected to follow-up on insurance billing, call appointments, assist receptions, and do many other administrative duties.
Fast pace environment
Receptionist/ Credit Clerk (Former Employee), 3170 N. Arizona Ave suite 101 Chandler, AZ 85225August 20, 2012
A typical day at work, when we were shorted staffed. I just had to check in and out patients. It was kinda of difficult but still managed to get my job done with a smile on my face. My manager was very nice but made sure everyone was getting their job done. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when I was credit clerk and had to call patients that had past due accounts and try to get them to make a payment. Alot of people would yell at me and hang up but I had to make sure I got all my calls done. The most enjoyable part was working at the front desk receptionist. I loved helping patients checking them in scheduling appointments for them ect.
Exciting
Receptionist (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAJune 20, 2012
Pros: nice dentist & assistants
Cons: district manager was rude & disrespectful
Nice co-workers friendly respectful
I learned a lot about teeth & xrays
how to create charts
Productive and nice employees
Associate Dentist (Former Employee), Santa Cruz, CAMay 16, 2012
Pros: got to do a lot of dentistry
Cons: lack of set lunch break, lack of breaks through the day.
Stress placed on production. Lack of communication with the direct superior in management. Hardest part was the lack of break or set lunch time. Enjoyed working with the employees that were eager to learn.
Fast pace dental office, takes most dental insurance , monthly payment arrangements for patients,
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaMarch 14, 2012
Pros: medical, dental, vision, sick, vacation benefits
Cons: unable to spend quality time with patients
About 3-4 doctos on staff, Usually 7-9 assistants in total. 3 front office personl. See many patients on a daily basis, with many speciality dentist on monthly schedule.