WESTERN DENTAL SERVICES, INC Employee Reviews in United States

Advancement and Learning Opportunities
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 5, 2015
The opportunities for advancement within the company are there for those who really put the work in and make it known that they want to do more.
management
Collector (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 2, 2015
My supervisor was one of the best he would always try to help anyone on his team do better make sure that whatever they were lacking on he would do his best to make us be at our best
Personal growth
Office Manager / Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaJune 1, 2015
Great opportunity to grow and learn about yourself as an individual and a team player. The ability to take control and be given the confidence to succeed and focus on your strongest attributes.
I would give them zero stars if I could!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAaOctober 1, 2014
Worst place to work at. Favoritism, office politics dirty environment lie and cheat to get $$ from blinded innocent hard working class. Three years of torture and no apportunity to grow. Min wage.. This company sucks all around
Pros
experience if you could say that
Cons
everything
Strong company with opportunity for growth
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 6, 2014
This company is a leader in the industry and headed toward great things with promising changes on the horizon.
Former 7 yrs Employee "Job from Hell"
Dental (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 22, 2013
Dirty offices with rats and insects all over!
The company was sold 5 times to different investors due to mismanagement and lack of $!!
There are buch of international dentist are directors of this offices mostly middle eastern decent or Indian, with thick accent and hard to understand with names such as El-Hussaini, Sareh, Sen and ...
Former director of WDS include: 7Eleven managers, Ross, Subway, and a constructor workers, no kidding!
Most assistant have no license and get min wage!
Most front girls have no idea what they doing and constantly abused by non paid over time!
offices cater to mostly homeless, poors and people with bad or no credit and low IQ.
Dentists are mostly imported from overseas and given visas and work permit , make them work 12 Hrs shift for min wage. Due to horrible reputation they are not able to recruit US dentists. The quality of work is below substandard and they been under investigation by CA board and insurance company multiple times for fraud!
Pros
got skilled in ext 30+/day
Cons
7 eleven manager running the company
Horrible company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 29, 2013
The company's core values and mission statement are great, but absolutely contrary to how the office is managed. They claim to be focused on providing the Ultimate Patient Experience, but that falls a distant second on the priority list to profit. The regional manager for NorCal is the worst example of management I have ever met. I would never allow a friend to work at the Yuba City office and I would NEVER recommend anyone bring their family there for treatment.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
poor management, tiny/dirty office
Don't sell your professional career to the devil!
RDA (Former Employee) –  Antioch,caApril 10, 2013
Horrible place to work. Anyone with a conscious about patient care, would not be able to work here, because there is no concern about the patient. The only concern is how fast you can get patients in & out of the office. Substandard materials used & cleanliness is totally questionable! Major favoritism between Dr. @ some employees!!
Pros
??
Cons
way too many to list. the biggest con- how they take your confidence away as an assistant.
Worst place I have ever worked!!!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 24, 2013
Typical day at work work was like a day at the zoo! I learned how to scam people out of $1,000's of dollars! Management was very unprofessional. Some days she looked as though she had just rolled out of bed and walked in the office. In most of our monthly meetings I sat with my jaw dropped in disbelief from what was being discussed, (highly unprofessional meetings). Manager could not speak English properly, non the less less write English!
Most staff was very unprofessional as well.
Horrible benefits, horrible pay!
Training is the worst! It is basically sink or swim.
Favoritism between management and staff. Jealousy, child like, unprofessional co-workers!
Horrible late hours, they work you like a slave!
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, horrible pay!
I would rather collect unemployment than work here.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 18, 2012
High degree of patient and employee dissatisfaction. In a nutshell, corporation's annoying and harrassing call-center does not sceen patients appropriately, over schedules offices, work flow horrible, patients wait for hours for simple procedures that should take less than one hour. Upper management unreasonable with office goals and deadlines. Company philosophy based on pushing sales of dental treatments based on insurance type, not on the ultimate patient experience -- so don't believe the hype when they claim that they offer financing to meet your budget. Every office is understaffed and employees underpaid, with unrealistic expectations from upper management. Compensation does not equate to the amount of stress, work, and effort related to putting out fires with unhappy patients. Employee recognition poor and patients misled from false advertizing from tv comercials.
Pros
place for experience if you have none.
Cons
many.
Productive and Fun place to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 13, 2012
always fun, friendly, interaction with people, opportunity to grow, our upper sups were always friendly and ready to help us
Pros
free lunches some time, gift cards, great bonuses

2.3