Western Express

Western Express Employee Reviews

Good People, Lack of Organization
Regional Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Western Express was lacking in organizational plans. This led to stressful conditions. Along with always being out on the road, and hardly ever being home. The stress level was very high working for this company. The management team was very laid back and sometimes pleasant to work for.
Cons
Always away from home
not a good job choice
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2016
this company is more interested in themselves and do not care if you get home or earn enough money to pay your bills. I would not recommend wasting any of your time with this company. The so called dispatch office is filled with arrogant attitudes and selfish people trained to lie to get what they want.
Pros
new equipment
Cons
no compensation for your time period.
Welfare express
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2015
Your just a number to these people!!!! Have to collect welfare just to servive working here!!!! They will run you coast to coast and don't pay you what you "earned"
Pros
All the miles you can run
Cons
never get home!! only get 3/4 of what your money every week. VERY CROOKED COMPANY
they will lie to you from day one!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2015
Your recruiter will lie to you. Your driver Manager will lie to you. This company does not have their stuff together. I am currently looking for another job to get away from this company. If you like sitting for 3 to 4 days at a time every other week. This is your company!!
Pros
lots of down time
Cons
lies
steady job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2015
drove over the raod flat bed for 4 months.drove from coast to coast.mostley dove from the mid west to east coast.not very much west coast.
Pros
direct tv new trucks
Cons
no home time not enouph miles
Beware!
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2015
Extreme lack of communication skills. Truck provided has mechanical issues, asked about getting it looked at and was threatened to be let go!
Sitting and waiting , they have zero respect for drivers ! If you enjoy parking for days and no miles or pay this is the place !
DMs only care about themselves $$$ and have zero trucking experience. Driver's safety and their well-being means nothing to them!
I was forced to put one star to get this to post ! They deserve 0
Pros
Quick experience and RUN
Cons
Communication, DMs, management, pay, lack of miles, mechanical issues
Lies, Lies and more Lies
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 24, 2015
I was lied to by the recruiter , the staff lie about what your going to get, bad equipment, I stayed and gave them multiple chances because I was promissed that if I did it would get better. Went on a dedicated Holiday run, didn't see that, DM said it was reserved for people that have been there for awhile. They hire convicted child molesters, he she combinations. Run don't go here. The free food isn't fit for a dog, and the motel has roaches.
Pros
I got to meet some cool drivers
Cons
lies, lies, and more lies
Productive and fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2015
Best job ever! I loved my experience here, The ONLY reason I cant go back to work here is because I have two small children now. Other than that this would be my choice of employment and I would never leave nor quit this job. Awesome staff.
horrible company unorganized is a understatement.
lease purchase/owner operator (Former Employee) –  nashville,tnOctober 19, 2015
Don't even waste your time with these guys they are a joke.You'll thank me later.Truck broke down and it took 3 weeks just to get a loner truck which had bed bugs .By far the worst trucking company I've worked at so far.
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 15, 2015
Everything Is Terrible About This Place, Money, Equipment The People, The DM's The Dispatch. They Are Just Overall Horrible
Great company!
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2015
First learning experience with Truck driving. I learned to improve ALL of my skills with this Management is great! very welcoming and friendly.
Poor communication
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2015
Dispatcher(s) do not take into account drive time or mileage, maintenance is not done regularly on equipment, always out for weeks (month) at a time so there's never really any home time.
was nice at a time
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 8, 2015
they are not what they say who they are to much wrong doing and the still are wrong doing I had fun some time driving for them I like the home time very
Pros
sometime free lunch
Cons
it was ok
Absolutely horrid
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PASeptember 7, 2015
There is no way to express how horrible the culture at this company is. There is no effort to maintain anything remotely approximating business integrity or responsibility in any office at this company. if you value your CDL and your sanity do not work here.
Pros
NONE
Cons
horrible pay, beat trucks and trailers, pre-passes not working, management doesn't care about you.
new driver out of truck school
driver (Current Employee) –  Fontana,caSeptember 6, 2015
Yes western sucks but so do all the big otr outfits. Western gave me a shot when numerous others would not due to my felony record. I'm grateful and loyal to western for that and I'm learning a lot and gaining precious experience which will allow me to get a better job in the future. My dispatcher is cool and their checks clear
Pros
they hire anyone including felons
Cons
big company
Former driver for 2 years
Otr flatbed (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TennesseeAugust 27, 2015
Horrable company to drive for, pay is horrable, dont pay for actual miles ran 5000 mile while training new driver and paid 600 dollars. There advertising .75cpm is a lie for there crapie frieght. Nothibg nice to say.
Cons
All about the frieght not the driver
Short Multi Stop Loads. No Miles
OTR Flat Bed Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2015
Hired on with western as OTR flat bed and was told average 2500 miles per week. only hit 2000 miles one week. most weeks averaged 1200 to 1400. most loads were 450 miles or less with multiple stops running between VA nd NJ. Barely qualified as NE regional. more like local delivery job.
not there very long
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2015
i really was not there long enough to have a opinion on the company as a whole.what i did enjoy a lot is the fact that I got to travel to a lot of places and met a lot of interesting people
Pros
travel and the people i met
Cons
stayed away from home to much
great place to start a career
Company Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2015
NIce people, great employee awareness, very insightful, and also great with home time management. Really nice place to work.
Great for gettig road experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  North EastJuly 27, 2015
Hard work great Driver with great cust serv. Do not get me home for home time. Every week got problem with pay. Don't like the fact that I can not see my check stub.

2.7