Western Exterminator Company Employee Reviews

Stressful, Fast-paced atmosphere, No consistency in policy & procedure
Customer Service Representative/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2017
VERY stressful environment. Not for the faint of heart. The "family owned" atmosphere completely disappeared after the company was bought out by a larger company overseas. Teamwork is non-existant, and there is NO consistency in the way customers & their issues are handled. Every service center has it's own rules.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly
Cons
No consistency or teamwork
Good company to work for, management team was somewhat available
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 3, 2017
Used to be family owned and operated, was recently sold to a nation wide company. Previous management was a hot head and favored individuals. Winter time you get laid off as well as technicians.
Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 7, 2017
Job itself is easy. Co-workers are great. Management is certain departments are great. Others aren't. Moving up is hard unless you are related to someone.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Hard to move up
family enviornment
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2017
great place to work at management is very friendly and most of all i highly enjoy working for and with my longtime customers helping to solve their every day pest needs
Very unorganized
Pest Control Tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Only company I've worked for where I could not find balance. There is no organization and information is not relayed well or properly. They cannot get pay or advancements done on time.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
All else
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 7, 2017
The job was good and co-workers were pleasant to work with. Call center was a busy working environment with little room for error. Most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of satisfaction from helping others in need.
Best pest control company to work for
District Manager (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CADecember 31, 2016
Great place to work! I have spent 25 years with Western Exterminator. The employee and management are some of the best people to work for.
Productive and great working environment!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2014
Simply put, Western Exterminator Company is hands down the best termite and pest control company in the industry. It's an honor and a privilege to be working for such a company.
Pros
Great management team and colleagues.
work
Termite Crew Technician (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 18, 2013
the work load varies from day to day. some days it is light work and more running around than anything. But on the heavy workdays the day ends when the sun goes down. Coworkers are very helpful when your running behind or need assistance in any way
Pros
great benefits
Cons
always racing against the clock
Company gives you work life balance because they only want your 8 hours and then your done
Sales/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Manteca CaSeptember 15, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Western Exterminator Company, prior to the buyout. After the buyout, I was laid off and they took care of me as much as they could. The management their was overall relatively missing and other than giving out negative news they never said anything to me. That was a good thing for me because I do not like being micromanaged. I would recommend this organization to anyone that was trying to go to work for them.
Pros
no micromanagement
Cons
Starbucks
Terrilbe place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMarch 28, 2012
I worked there five years and was fired because a stranger on the freeway said I cut them off. Instead of hearing what I had to say, they listened to some idiot that could not drive in the first place. Some loyalty they showed me. After working my tail off and not being paid for overtime, they let me go. I hate everything about that company.
Cons
work overtime and never got paid for it.