Western Extrusions Employee Reviews

Very stern and stable workplace. Give employees the ability to move forward in the workforce by employers via hard work and willingness to work.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 19, 2016
Western extrusions is a company in which many opportunities are given to any and all employees.
They give ample amount of hours to any and all employees.
Although not lenient with the work schedule or personal day to day life situations and crisis, it is a great company to earn good money, and great benefits for your family.
Listen to the voice of experience
Private (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 9, 2016
The pay is not bad in my department. You can get a lot of overtime. The oppurtunity is there to put food on your table I'll be honest. However this comes with a price. If you want a a lot of time off and a good check the answer is no. Work life balance is horrendous. The work is completely entirely severely dangerous for everyone working the floor that much is very true. I thought people were lying on here because they were just upset or something but no they are telling the truth. There is a whole lot of open moving machine parts I.e sprockets chains etc not to mention "holes" in the ground. People literally get hurt bad I mean dismemberment type bad, near fatal accidents. Not just in my department. This is not all the company's fault sometimes it's a lack of communication however there are some things that could easily be fixed. The insurance is completely outrageous to me anyways and a lot of others. You're looking at about 200wkly, Just for health. Other than that the bosses are easy to talk to and will help you as much as they can. If you don't feel comfortable doing my something you can tell them and no one will blame you. Like I said though it's a decent paying job and they do give people a chance.
Pros
Paycheck is solid
Cons
Insurance, dangerous
Good company
Saw Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 22, 2016
Work hard with overtime including Saturday and occasionally Sundays and get good paycheck biweekly also get quarterly bonus.
Friendly environment,supervisor and management are good.
Pros
Get free lunch Monthly
Cons
30 minutes and 15 minutes breaks in 8 hours of duty.
Stay Away Entirely
safety code enforcement (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2016
Absolutely the worst kind of company to work for. This includes every department unless you are related to a manager. If you are anything other than hispanic or an Illegal korean immigrant you wont be there long. Just stay away entirely, Its a private company and its only way of being successful is thru hiring illegal koreans and paying them less than minimum wage. They do not care for anyone's safety or American law. Look them up thru OSHA and you will see what I mean. They are borderline being shut down. Stay away.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Corrupt and Criminal
Great working enviroment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 22, 2016
HR/ Administrative Clerical duties. I assisted all Departments in running errands, production of copies, and creating spreadsheets, preparing postage and shipping.

Staff is diverse and wonderful to be around. The multiple departments that I assisted created a wonderful base and knowledge of company roles and production.
my job was was productive place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 20, 2016
My work day was productive, good management, I got alone my co-works. my job exceeded expectations. I learned how to be a press operator. I had no problems with my work duties.
Pros
had good insurance
good place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 7, 2015
Despite sometimes having miscommunication issues Western is actually a good place to work. Schedules are reasonable and the pay is fair. This is a good source of employment for people new to the area in search of work.
Productive Operation
Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, txJuly 19, 2015
A fast pace company with daily setups. Good environment great employees. Anybody has a chance to learn if they are willing to.
Cons
Healthcare and no A/C
Good place to gain experience
• CNC Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 10, 2014
A typical day of work would consist of machine operating, inspecting parts, checking parts to prints, altering offsets, and maintaing a clean work environment. I learned a lot during my time with the company for example setting tools, how to make changes when necessary, and may other duties thats needed in this type of business.
it was ok
Machine Operator/ Welder/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 30, 2014
a typical day was long and board I didn't learn much . management was ok .the hardest part was to stay there . the enjoybale part was to go home

Want to know more about Western Extrusions?

Ask a question
Poor place to work
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 26, 2014
Management wants total control of your life. Want you to work constantly. TERRIBLE benefits, low pay, people that think they are smart...but they are stupid!!
Look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Cons
Bad benefits, low pay, they don't care about you or your family. Intimidation rules.
worked everyday
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  1735 sandylake rd carrolton txAugust 18, 2013
job wanted you there everyday of the week.. (dont get me wrong there is no problem with that) you only had one break and one lunch on a 12 hr shift. horrible management system..
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
not a job for someone with a family
do not go work here they dont care about you at all
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 12, 2013
i worked here for one year first in the extrusion side and then at the production side both are not a good place to work osha closed them down many times people have been killed there in the past and the people that work their are not very smart

Pros
no pros only cons
Cons
its very hot all day long
good company
Anodize Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxNovember 26, 2012
this company has many departments to work for, so it has many chances for someone to excel
Pros
size of company
Cons
private owned
Had many picnics for employees.
Forklife driver / Marterial Handler (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 20, 2012
The company sits on area of land, over 12 diffrent departments and 400 employees. Lots of Mangers, Empoyees worked good together. Fridays were the best days, seems everyone always more happy, even if the plant nerver closes, not even on holidays.
Cons
health care was pretty bad, very few used.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Extrusions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9