Western Extrusions Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Everyday I had something to keep me busy from paperwork to recording incoming and outgoing material from the warehouse. I never had a problem with any co-worker or management.
Not a good setting to succeed
Director of Human Resources and Safety (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasSeptember 7, 2017
No direction no goals provide by the president at anytime. Company is not interested providing a better work environment for employees to able to grow their careers.
Ok for a young person to get their career started.
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 28, 2017
Ok good place to get your career stated.
Privately owned company.
Interactive communication between all departments.
Good people to work with.
One of the top extruders in the United States.
good on overtime
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  1725 sandy lake road carrollton tx,75006-3612June 23, 2017
hot and supervisors don't care about you having to have some time off and just want you to work. and the overtime is great but most of the time you would be working weekends and holidays but other than that it's a great place to work at.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off and alot of over time
Cons
hot enviornment and work mainly weekends and holidays
Western Extrusions
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJune 6, 2017
This is not a very desirable place to work. Long hours with no breaks. Worked sometimes 60 hours a week with no time off. The supervisors were very hard to work for.
Great place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 17, 2017
Productive and professional work place. Gained vital experience of machinery. Management was very professional and fair in treatment towards employees.The employees were like family which made it a great place to work.
exhausting and no competitive pay
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 22, 2017
a typical work day would require you to lift 20-50lbs assemble bundles work at fast productive pace if not will be moved to slower paced job with lower pay and no personal growth
Pros
overtime
Cons
not many raise
Not a very good atmosphere to work in.
Maintenance Mechanic Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 11, 2017
A dangerous place to work.Bad benefits, Nice managers, not the managers fault. It is the companies fault that they do not take care of their employees with a good atmosphere.
Pros
Free Lunches from time to time
Cons
Very long hours
Very stern and stable workplace. Give employees the ability to move forward in the workforce by employers via hard work and willingness to work.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 19, 2016
Western extrusions is a company in which many opportunities are given to any and all employees.
They give ample amount of hours to any and all employees.
Although not lenient with the work schedule or personal day to day life situations and crisis, it is a great company to earn good money, and great benefits for your family.
Listen to the voice of experience
Private (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 9, 2016
The pay is not bad in my department. You can get a lot of overtime. The oppurtunity is there to put food on your table I'll be honest. However this comes with a price. If you want a a lot of time off and a good check the answer is no. Work life balance is horrendous. The work is completely entirely severely dangerous for everyone working the floor that much is very true. I thought people were lying on here because they were just upset or something but no they are telling the truth. There is a whole lot of open moving machine parts I.e sprockets chains etc not to mention "holes" in the ground. People literally get hurt bad I mean dismemberment type bad, near fatal accidents. Not just in my department. This is not all the company's fault sometimes it's a lack of communication however there are some things that could easily be fixed. The insurance is completely outrageous to me anyways and a lot of others. You're looking at about 200wkly, Just for health. Other than that the bosses are easy to talk to and will help you as much as they can. If you don't feel comfortable doing my something you can tell them and no one will blame you. Like I said though it's a decent paying job and they do give people a chance.
Pros
Paycheck is solid
Cons
Insurance, dangerous
Good company
Saw Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 22, 2016
Work hard with overtime including Saturday and occasionally Sundays and get good paycheck biweekly also get quarterly bonus.
Friendly environment,supervisor and management are good.
Pros
Get free lunch Monthly
Cons
30 minutes and 15 minutes breaks in 8 hours of duty.
Stay Away Entirely
safety code enforcement (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2016
Absolutely the worst kind of company to work for. This includes every department unless you are related to a manager. If you are anything other than hispanic or an Illegal korean immigrant you wont be there long. Just stay away entirely, Its a private company and its only way of being successful is thru hiring illegal koreans and paying them less than minimum wage. They do not care for anyone's safety or American law. Look them up thru OSHA and you will see what I mean. They are borderline being shut down. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Corrupt and Criminal
Great working enviroment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 22, 2016
HR/ Administrative Clerical duties. I assisted all Departments in running errands, production of copies, and creating spreadsheets, preparing postage and shipping.

Staff is diverse and wonderful to be around. The multiple departments that I assisted created a wonderful base and knowledge of company roles and production.
my job was was productive place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 20, 2016
My work day was productive, good management, I got alone my co-works. my job exceeded expectations. I learned how to be a press operator. I had no problems with my work duties.
Pros
had good insurance
good place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 7, 2015
Despite sometimes having miscommunication issues Western is actually a good place to work. Schedules are reasonable and the pay is fair. This is a good source of employment for people new to the area in search of work.
Decent
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 6, 2015
A typical day at work will be coming in at 2:00 eaxh day leaving at 10:30 its extremely hot in the warehouse. You cook the metall from 8-12 hours when done you will record your results and repeat. Spending eight hours at the job for six days a week left me completely overwhelmed i never had time to do anything.
Pros
good pay check
Cons
short lunch
Productive Operation
Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, txJuly 19, 2015
A fast pace company with daily setups. Good environment great employees. Anybody has a chance to learn if they are willing to.
Cons
Healthcare and no A/C
Good place to gain experience
• CNC Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 10, 2014
A typical day of work would consist of machine operating, inspecting parts, checking parts to prints, altering offsets, and maintaing a clean work environment. I learned a lot during my time with the company for example setting tools, how to make changes when necessary, and may other duties thats needed in this type of business.
it was ok
Machine Operator/ Welder/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 30, 2014
a typical day was long and board I didn't learn much . management was ok .the hardest part was to stay there . the enjoybale part was to go home
Poor place to work
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 26, 2014
Management wants total control of your life. Want you to work constantly. TERRIBLE benefits, low pay, people that think they are smart...but they are stupid!!
Look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Cons
Bad benefits, low pay, they don't care about you or your family. Intimidation rules.