Western Illinois University

Western Illinois University Employee Reviews

professional and fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJune 22, 2015
proctor exams, set up technology for webconference between professor and students, transport students to field trips on 15-passenger van.
No room for growth
Secretary (Current Employee), Macomb, ILJune 17, 2015
It was a fun and light atmosphere where hard work still got done but no room for advancement.

The supervisors I had were all great.
Rated in top ten best Midwestern Colleges
Lab Experience (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJune 16, 2015
I found the Biology and Chemistry departments at Western Illinois University to be extremely diverse with very qualified professors.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Foundation & DevelopmentJune 8, 2015
The best part about this University is the people who work here. The atmosphere is friendly and professional, throughout campus.
Great Place to Learn
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Macomb, ILMay 27, 2015
I learned how an office was ran and how to communicate with people through various forms of communication.Many of my co-workers were my classmates. I really liked seeing all the programs the different offices put on.
Fun workplace and oppurtunities to express all ideas and be creativie
Haunted Housing actor (Former Employee), Macomb, ILMay 2, 2015
I enjoyed working in haunted housing. I got to learn what strengths I possess, and how creative I could be. Preparing required a lot of time commitment, and dependency on certain people. I worked overtime the night of Halloween being that everyone had left earlier without being excused. The few of us there that had not left had to take on other roles to have a successful haunted house.
The most beneficial job you will find as a college student
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Macomb, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: Learned skills to use anywhere.
Cons: None
Facilitate social and educational programming. Enforce policies. Complete duty on a weekly basis, including handling of student conduct and evaluation of facilities concerns. Create a floor community where students feel they belong and are an important part of the community. Ensure the health and safety of residents and build relationships with community members. Acts as a facilitator for the residence hall communities and promote the development of each resident. Serve as a team player, a strong academic role model, exhibit strong administrative skills, and be a referral agent to campus resources.
Good Stepping stone into the professional community
Lead Recreational Facilitator (Former Employee), Macomb, ILApril 4, 2015
Each position I had at WIU was filled with mentors and good life/professional lessons. Horn Field Campus was a great learning lab for developing teams, coaching emergent leaders, facilitating team dynamics, and receiving feedback on professionalism.
fun
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Macomb, ILMarch 21, 2015
With in the RA position you will deal with a wide a variety of task. You get to meet a lot of new people. The hardest part of the job would have to be that you are working 24/7 when you are an RA.
Summary
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), MacombJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: computer lab assistants are not well trained.
Clean the computers. Provide more supplies like papers, staples, and punchers when needed. Help students with printing issues and help with some software like Microsoft Office. There is no much connection to other co-workers because only one lab assistant works at time. The hardest part of the job is when working during the rush hours and printers usually have some issues like jamming and other non specified reasons. I learned get used to work under pressure and get used the worst kinds of customers.
Its okay
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Macomb, ILJanuary 12, 2015
I liked working here. It was very relaxed and everyone is helpful.
School
lab assistant (Former Employee), Macomb, ILNovember 25, 2014
It was something to do extra to keep fresh on my skills for athletic training.
Graduate Assistant for Political Science Department
Political Science Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Macomb, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: tuition waiver, flexible hours, great professors to work for
Tutor students, lead classroom lecture when professors are absent, grade papers, assist with professor research projects, prepare classroom materials.
Great people
Lab Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Macomb, ILOctober 8, 2014
Friendly and eager to help manager
I mainly troubleshot and fixed issues with the University Tech labs.
Student Judicial Programs at WIU
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Macomb, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, manage your own work, supervisors are amazing, sometimes there are snacks
Cons: limited to 20 hrs a week
It's a laid back work environment but there is always something to do. I loved everyday I came into work, sometimes coming in just for the good conversation. Tim Sheridan and Jessica Mueller are amazing to work for. Very understanding people and and always available if I just needed someone to talk to or bounce ideas off of. I'm not sure I'd get a better job than this one.
Hard work and fun work place.
Delegator, Cook, Server (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJuly 31, 2014
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: food was really expensive for employees.
A typical day at work was easy. The hardest part of the job was being on our feet for hours at a time.
Financial Aid Assistant
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJuly 28, 2014
My daily routines consist of pulling files for financial aid advisor and being the best assistant as possible. Financial Aid Assistant
Headed in the right direction
Assistant Track and Field Coach (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJuly 17, 2014
WIU athletics is turning it's self around & "restoring the glory".
Free Gym, lunch etc.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJune 22, 2014
Very good school for higher education. I was system engineer in IT section of the college and enjoyed my stay there.
Great workplace!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Moline, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I really thoroughly enjoyed my graduate assistantship. I was able to work with people outside of my field of study and help multiple professors with researching topics to help them in the future. I also was able to interact with other graduate assistants which made the job that much more fun!

1 2 3 4