Western Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Student Worker
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 2, 2017
I was a student worker so I worked under a staff member doing unpaid research. I still really enjoyed it and felt like it prepared me for future classes and jobs.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 18, 2017
WKU is an awesome place to work. There is a great support system in place, and the personal interactions are wonderful as well. You won't find a better place in American higher education
Fun Place to be
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 9, 2017
As expected University is a fun place to work. So much work to be done but most of the tasks are repetitive. It is easy to find friends as well as the place so huge and so many fun events.
Happy with the work environment
Instructor of Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 24, 2017
WKU is a pleasant place to work and teach students. The teaching work load is about 12 to 15 credit hours per semester if you aren't responsible research.
Flexible Environment
Graduate Assistant/Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 17, 2017
WKU is a good place to work, however, they are very slow and reluctant about moving things forward and fast. It is understandable that compensation is not up to the mark as they are an educational institute in Kentucky.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly colleagues
Cons
Low pay, process improvement is highly urgent
Awesome
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 5, 2017
Great place to work and earn money while in college. Got to meet a lot of great people and gain some good experience in higher education. Wish I could have gotten along with the head boss, loved my SLM though.
Pros
Work Study
Cons
My boss hated me
Awesome
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KEntuckyJune 5, 2017
Lovely work life balance.
Great place to study and work.
Very supportive staff.
Great learning.
Some times its challenging to find the right job, but once you find it life is just very convenient.
Life of a Math Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 21, 2017
I love teaching, it has always been my passion. I love working with students who are sincere and care about learning. I tutored students that were taking remedial courses to upper-level calculus courses to math education courses.
Wonderful
Music Department Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 19, 2017
Wonderful place to learn and work, I'm sorry I don't have anything to contribute at this time. There are too many previous employers to effectively complete this review in a timely manner.
Pros
love the people
Cons
Productive laid back atomsphere.
Exam Proctor (Team Leader) / Student (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42101May 14, 2017
Great work environment. They really encourage you to do your best and to keep your studies up. Great place to advance. It really has at atmosphere that is laid back and doesn't rush your work. It prefers quality over quantity.
Pros
Discount lunches, great atomsphere, friendly atomsphere.
Cons
Excellent student worker position.
IT Helpdesk Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 12, 2017
Working at the IT Helpdesk has been an amazing experience I enjoyed immensely. I gained great skills in customer service and technical help through a through training period and the environment is truly encouraging to its workers. Not once do I regret working at this position.
Worked directly with faculty as a student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 2, 2017
Worked with students in classroom beforehand and out in the field. Was given stipend and transportation cost for field experience. Stresses of handling 13 college age students out in the field took its toll but overall was a great experience.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Having to deal with reservations and rental locations at field site
Good School for Students
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 28, 2017
This school is excellent for students. However, it runs more like a corporation than a school. Many faculty and staff members go through a lot of channels to get things accomplished, so it can be frustrating trying to accomplish a task.
School job
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 27, 2017
It is a school job.I assisted the manager, and assisted with communications to events participants.
Most of time just need to make sure the event goes well.
Great working environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 24, 2017
After 4 years in undergrad and one year as a graduate student/assistant, I have thoroughly enjoyed my working experience at WKU. I greatly appreciate the attention payed by the faculty and employees here.
Very supportive co-workers
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 12, 2017
Great co-workers to assist with improvements of clinical practice. Typical day included teaching nursing students at clinical bedside. Management allowed freedom to incorporate personal knowledge from experience. The hardest part of the job was learning the self study necessary for accreditation. I truly enjoyed teaching the students and watching them apply high quality medical care.
Pros
Time off on weekends and holidays, 4 weeks during christmas
Cons
Wish our clinical time was 16 weeks instead of just 12 weeks
Good Growth Experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 7, 2017
In this position, I was highly supported by administrators. I was definitely able to grow in knowledge, skills, and ability related to research methodologies.
Wku
Coordinator, Student Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 7, 2017
This is a great place to work. I have held many positions at Western Kentucky University. I have highly enjoyed my 10 years working at this facility. I would highly recommend this work environment to anyone.
Learned new skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 5, 2017
I learned a lot of new skills. Pay is not that great but fun atmosphere. Lots of deadlines to meet. Work at own pace. Would not recommend. Very competitve.
Excellent University
Adjunct FacultyRNBSN (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 28, 2017
Excellent University for the new and seasoned faculty. It provides nurture to faculty and students. Great first time experience, provides great opportunity to work and home life.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Na