Western Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Life of a Math Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMay 21, 2017
I love teaching, it has always been my passion. I love working with students who are sincere and care about learning. I tutored students that were taking remedial courses to upper-level calculus courses to math education courses.
Wonderful
Music Department Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 19, 2017
Wonderful place to learn and work, I'm sorry I don't have anything to contribute at this time. There are too many previous employers to effectively complete this review in a timely manner.
Pros
love the people
Cons
Productive laid back atomsphere.
Exam Proctor (Team Leader) / Student (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42101May 14, 2017
Great work environment. They really encourage you to do your best and to keep your studies up. Great place to advance. It really has at atmosphere that is laid back and doesn't rush your work. It prefers quality over quantity.
Pros
Discount lunches, great atomsphere, friendly atomsphere.
Cons
Excellent student worker position.
IT Helpdesk Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 12, 2017
Working at the IT Helpdesk has been an amazing experience I enjoyed immensely. I gained great skills in customer service and technical help through a through training period and the environment is truly encouraging to its workers. Not once do I regret working at this position.
Worked directly with faculty as a student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 2, 2017
Worked with students in classroom beforehand and out in the field. Was given stipend and transportation cost for field experience. Stresses of handling 13 college age students out in the field took its toll but overall was a great experience.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Having to deal with reservations and rental locations at field site
Good School for Students
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 28, 2017
This school is excellent for students. However, it runs more like a corporation than a school. Many faculty and staff members go through a lot of channels to get things accomplished, so it can be frustrating trying to accomplish a task.
School job
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 27, 2017
It is a school job.I assisted the manager, and assisted with communications to events participants.
Most of time just need to make sure the event goes well.
Great working environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 24, 2017
After 4 years in undergrad and one year as a graduate student/assistant, I have thoroughly enjoyed my working experience at WKU. I greatly appreciate the attention payed by the faculty and employees here.
Very supportive co-workers
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 12, 2017
Great co-workers to assist with improvements of clinical practice. Typical day included teaching nursing students at clinical bedside. Management allowed freedom to incorporate personal knowledge from experience. The hardest part of the job was learning the self study necessary for accreditation. I truly enjoyed teaching the students and watching them apply high quality medical care.
Pros
Time off on weekends and holidays, 4 weeks during christmas
Cons
Wish our clinical time was 16 weeks instead of just 12 weeks
Good Growth Experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 7, 2017
In this position, I was highly supported by administrators. I was definitely able to grow in knowledge, skills, and ability related to research methodologies.
Wku
Coordinator, Student Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 7, 2017
This is a great place to work. I have held many positions at Western Kentucky University. I have highly enjoyed my 10 years working at this facility. I would highly recommend this work environment to anyone.
Learned new skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 5, 2017
I learned a lot of new skills. Pay is not that great but fun atmosphere. Lots of deadlines to meet. Work at own pace. Would not recommend. Very competitve.
Excellent University
Adjunct FacultyRNBSN (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 28, 2017
Excellent University for the new and seasoned faculty. It provides nurture to faculty and students. Great first time experience, provides great opportunity to work and home life.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Na
Low paying job with very nice superiors
Studio Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 19, 2017
The people in charge made this very difficult job a much more pleasant experience. The pay is minimum wage, and it's difficult to get very many hours, but this is no fault of the art department. We have much lower funding than any other area at WKU, of course.
Best Hospital
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 17, 2017
It is the world class top hospital in India with top renowned doctors and surgeons.The nursing stuff I worked with are very friendly and they give the interns the chance to learn.
Great College Job
Resident Assistant - Housing and Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 29, 2017
Great to get to know people in your building throughout the campus. Also a great way to practice time management and is a plus for when you graduate. Professionals seek people of good standing character which being a Resident Assistant provides you with.
Pros
half off housing
productive, friendly environment
Desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 22, 2017
check the security of the keys and building
check id's of residents
check in guess of residents on log sheet
answer incoming calls
communicate effectively with parents and residents
provide resources for residents
Exellent
Director of Basketball Operations/ Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 21, 2017
WKU is an excellent organization to work for. All employees are serious about their jobs and are there to only help the student. The leadership is amazing and understand.
Pros
Great culture and leadership
Cons
Pay
Good Environment
Application Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 14, 2016
This was a great and relaxed environment to work. It was almost too relaxed at times. Work deadlines were manageable for those who had been there for many years.
Pros
Excellent University/Campus amenities and benefits
Cons
Job Culture a bit sterile and staunch.
Great working environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 10, 2016
As a student worker I have always felt valued. My class schedule was always worked around. My work day is laid back... i pull reports and enter data for a majority of my time.
Pros
experience, connections

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Kentucky University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5