Western Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 24, 2017
After 4 years in undergrad and one year as a graduate student/assistant, I have thoroughly enjoyed my working experience at WKU. I greatly appreciate the attention payed by the faculty and employees here.
Very supportive co-workers
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 12, 2017
Great co-workers to assist with improvements of clinical practice. Typical day included teaching nursing students at clinical bedside. Management allowed freedom to incorporate personal knowledge from experience. The hardest part of the job was learning the self study necessary for accreditation. I truly enjoyed teaching the students and watching them apply high quality medical care.
Pros
Time off on weekends and holidays, 4 weeks during christmas
Cons
Wish our clinical time was 16 weeks instead of just 12 weeks
Good Growth Experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 7, 2017
In this position, I was highly supported by administrators. I was definitely able to grow in knowledge, skills, and ability related to research methodologies.
Wku
Coordinator, Student Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 7, 2017
This is a great place to work. I have held many positions at Western Kentucky University. I have highly enjoyed my 10 years working at this facility. I would highly recommend this work environment to anyone.
Learned new skills
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 5, 2017
I learned a lot of new skills. Pay is not that great but fun atmosphere. Lots of deadlines to meet. Work at own pace. Would not recommend. Very competitve.
Excellent University
Adjunct FacultyRNBSN (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 28, 2017
Excellent University for the new and seasoned faculty. It provides nurture to faculty and students. Great first time experience, provides great opportunity to work and home life.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
NA
Low paying job with very nice superiors
Studio Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 19, 2017
The people in charge made this very difficult job a much more pleasant experience. The pay is minimum wage, and it's difficult to get very many hours, but this is no fault of the art department. We have much lower funding than any other area at WKU, of course.
Best Hospital
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 17, 2017
It is the world class top hospital in India with top renowned doctors and surgeons.The nursing stuff I worked with are very friendly and they give the interns the chance to learn.
Great College Job
Resident Assistant - Housing and Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 29, 2017
Great to get to know people in your building throughout the campus. Also a great way to practice time management and is a plus for when you graduate. Professionals seek people of good standing character which being a Resident Assistant provides you with.
Pros
half off housing
productive, friendly environment
Desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 22, 2017
check the security of the keys and building
check id's of residents
check in guess of residents on log sheet
answer incoming calls
communicate effectively with parents and residents
provide resources for residents

Want to know more about Western Kentucky University?

Ask a question
Exellent
Director of Basketball Operations/ Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 21, 2017
WKU is an excellent organization to work for. All employees are serious about their jobs and are there to only help the student. The leadership is amazing and understand.
Pros
Great culture and leadership
Cons
Pay
Good Environment
Application Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 14, 2016
This was a great and relaxed environment to work. It was almost too relaxed at times. Work deadlines were manageable for those who had been there for many years.
Pros
Excellent University/Campus amenities and benefits
Cons
Job Culture a bit sterile and staunch.
Great working environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 10, 2016
As a student worker I have always felt valued. My class schedule was always worked around. My work day is laid back... i pull reports and enter data for a majority of my time.
Pros
experience, connections
good
Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 31, 2016
good school, good professor, good friends. good co-worker. good superviser. good advisor good working time. bad pay rate.
good
bad
It was a good place to work.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYSeptember 27, 2016
I was pleased to work at Western Kentucky University for the time of my contract. I was able to teach in my subject area and I was also able to participate in/volunteer for activities which enabled me to engage in community outreach. I enjoyed the community outreach as much as I enjoyed my teaching. My working relationship with my co-workers and management was satisfactory and it enhanced my satisfaction with my job.
Pros
Good working relationships with fellow faculty and staff and my students.
Loved Learning and Higher Education
Student Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 11, 2016
Wow, how time flew and I met some of the best people in the world. Its crazy what a little reading will do you someone. I have some of the most state of the art news studios to practice in daily.
Excellent University
Lead Research Assistant, Nano Materials (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 7, 2016
Western Kentucky is an excellent university to expand your knowledge base in the field of chemistry. I found learning there was an enjoyable experience.
Work place relations
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 2, 2016
Work studies are not considered as part of the WKU team. However, they are considered a great asset.
Recruiting
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 1, 2016
Great job to work at. I have had one of the best learning experiences of my life. Going to work each day was full of excitement and wonder. I loved my office family and looked forward to the great new opportunities that presented itself each day!
Nice working environment
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 16, 2016
This is a nice and friendly working environment. My co-workers were great in cooperation, supervisor was very straight forward and clear about what goals needed to be achieved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Kentucky University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5