Western Kentucky University

Western Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Student employment not meant to be long term.
Proctor (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 26, 2015
Western is not a bad place to work, it's just not meant to be long term. A typical day is watching people take tests. If a supervisor was out then I would be in the office answering phones and scheduling people to take tests.
I was an enjoyable experience.
Lab Analyst/Technician - Support technician (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYJune 11, 2015
They provided a comfortable atmosphere and encouraged a learning environment in gaining knowledgeable experience.
Producive working with customer
Suite Holder (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 11, 2015
My typical day at work was Greeted every fan to the basketball games, ensured all fans had a proper ticket for the game
The hardest thing about my job is downtime
I enjoy working with people
I love working with my co-worker they all were a teamplayer
Good place to work, great people.
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 18, 2015
Restructured numerous times with sometimes lack of leadership or direction. Some employees were allowed to do whatever they wanted with little to no consequences. Not enough room for advancement.
Great job. Independence to perform at my best.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 14, 2015
Autonomy, Leadership, fun job. Most enjoyable part of job was working with students. No other information will be provided at this time.
productive and fun workplace
Athletic Marketing/ student activities (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, very helpful
Staff meetings, assist students with questions about our departments, coordinate programs and activities. Ive learned how to enhance my skill sets dealing with event and sport marketing and also my communication skills with student activities. Management is great productive and efficient. I love my co-workers we work as a great team.
Very fun and productive work place
Downing Student Union Programming Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Getting to interact with different people every day
Cons: Very time demanding
I really enjoyed working for the Downing Student Union. My staff are always supportive and whenever I needed help they stepped up without hesitation. I never had the same job every week, so it really helped me grow when pursuing my future career.
Great for Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 6, 2015
A student worker job at Western Kentucky University has flexible hours and allows me to work 20 hours so that I have time to study.
Fun atmosphere with great people
Transcript Processor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation
Your day starts out by reconciling previous day transactions. Once complete, you then begin to process transcript requests from students in person, over the phone and via the internet. Keys to success are being able to multitask.
Great Place
Volunteer Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 27, 2015
Experiences here are great. Coaches have been long term with a bundle of experiences to learn from. Positions are limited and so is pay.
Very rewarding
Program Director (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: watching kids believe in themselves and their future.
Cons: grant funding-ended
This position goes above and beyond for at risk students. We offered programs to enrich arts and humanities along with teaching how to achieve their dreams and future.
Excellent work environment
Program Director (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: educational funding, opportunity growth
Cons: low income, income based on grant funding for this position.
Budget management, database management, supervisory roll.

I learned a great deal about budget and database management. I was able to continue my education with very little cost due to the incentives. Co-workers were enjoyable.

Hardest part of the job-low pay scale.

The opportunity to grow.
office setting, easy work, no diversity
Study Abroad and global learning (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: easy work, no study abroad application fee's and a good job for a resume
Cons: gossip, small office, no diversity or non whites and no one really talked to me but communicated with each other, i was the only minority.the pay is bad also but that's expected it's a college kids job.
Easy job, typical day would be answering emails and phone calls and completing assignments given by advisers i.e budgets for study abroad programs.
I was an undergraduate researcher
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 11, 2015
Not really much to say, I would do research when I wasn't doing homework, studying or in class. The professors and other students were always up to having some fun in order to have a break from the daily grind.
Great learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2015
They have wonderful mentors. This institution facilitates a great learning experience both in the classroom and outside of it.
Fun and Productive
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYAugust 21, 2014
I enjoyed working at WKU for a variety of reasons. Fun and friendly staff with excellent guidance and a great resume builder. All the coworkers are all really great and they have a wonderful attitude. I wish I was able to stay for longer!
OFFICE ASSISANT (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 4, 2014
Loved working in the kind of environment and settting. Loved my co-workers.
Fun place to work
Information Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 24, 2014
I loved the people I worked with, they felt like family. I made great connections.
Excellent balance of work, life, and school
Graduate Resident Intern/Student Teacher (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good balance, very good support
Cons: tight budget for a family
The GSKy Teach program at Western Kentucky University is an excellent way to get involved in teaching for the recent science or math graduate. You receive a six week summer training followed by a year of student teaching paired up with a mentor teacher. Four days a week you spend teaching and Fridays you have class. Because you aren't the teacher of record you have a small amount of freedom to have your life and enjoy and explore Louisville. But because you are still doing a lot of the teaching, prepare to spend a lot of time grading, planning, writing reflective pieces, and calling parents. But you are guaranteed three years working afterward.
WKU is good employer
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at WKU, and I wish there was a position available for me to stay there. I worked in a research laboratory and also taught biology labs. My co-workers varied, as graduate students come and go so quickly.

1 2 3 4