Western Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 10, 2016
As a student worker I have always felt valued. My class schedule was always worked around. My work day is laid back... i pull reports and enter data for a majority of my time.
Pros
experience, connections
good
Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 31, 2016
good school, good professor, good friends. good co-worker. good superviser. good advisor good working time. bad pay rate.
good
bad
It was a good place to work.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYSeptember 27, 2016
I was pleased to work at Western Kentucky University for the time of my contract. I was able to teach in my subject area and I was also able to participate in/volunteer for activities which enabled me to engage in community outreach. I enjoyed the community outreach as much as I enjoyed my teaching. My working relationship with my co-workers and management was satisfactory and it enhanced my satisfaction with my job.
Pros
Good working relationships with fellow faculty and staff and my students.
Loved Learning and Higher Education
Student Anchor/Reporter (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 11, 2016
Wow, how time flew and I met some of the best people in the world. Its crazy what a little reading will do you someone. I have some of the most state of the art news studios to practice in daily.
Excellent University
Lead Research Assistant, Nano Materials (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 7, 2016
Western Kentucky is an excellent university to expand your knowledge base in the field of chemistry. I found learning there was an enjoyable experience.
Work place relations
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 2, 2016
Work studies are not considered as part of the WKU team. However, they are considered a great asset.
Recruiting
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 1, 2016
Great job to work at. I have had one of the best learning experiences of my life. Going to work each day was full of excitement and wonder. I loved my office family and looked forward to the great new opportunities that presented itself each day!
Nice working environment
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 16, 2016
This is a nice and friendly working environment. My co-workers were great in cooperation, supervisor was very straight forward and clear about what goals needed to be achieved.
Productive work place
Building Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 14, 2016
Enjoyed working for the company. So thankful that I was allowed the opportunity to have my classes paid because of the job as well. Thank you WKU
Great place of employment for students!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 21, 2016
The staff and faculty at WKU-Owensboro are very understanding and caring of their student workers. WKU-Owensboro campus is clean and centrally located in Owensboro.
This was a positive experience as the job provided an opportunity to demonstrate example as a leader in the History Department.
Graduate Assistant, History (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 19, 2016
The Graduate Assistant job was rewarding at times. Tutoring students who were legitimately making an effort to do a good job was a good feeling. The research work with Professors varied from very challenging to the extremely mundane. The compensation was low, but this was to be expected from a state institution; and a poor state at that. Management was adequate. The job culture was tolerable, but there was little sense of a team effort in anything. I would call it an every man/woman for himself environment.
In conclusion, a typical day for me entailed serving in the on-call center for two hours from 8 AM-10 AM. This time was mainly spent doing schoolwork; as Professors rarely were absent. I would spend three hours in the afternoon tutoring students in the History Department's Success Center. This was the best part of the job. The work for various Professors whom I had been assigned to assist with research was often the worst part of the job; as unfortunately, many times this entailed making thousands of copies or converting documents to PDF's; for example. This was a mind-numbing experience.
Pros
There were banquets at the start of each semester, The opportunity was there to demonstrate your knowledge in front of many Professors, Helping students see the light on what was required, for example, to write a good research paper, was extremely rewarding.
Cons
Much of the research work could not be accurately called research.
Great Work Environment with Excellent People
IT HELPDESK STUDENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42101May 8, 2016
I have worked as a Student Helpdesk Consultant for two and a half years. The work environment was very relaxed, and the management very reliable and approachable.
Pros
Relaxed, Open, Amazing Management.
Dont work for DFM
Bsa (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 9, 2016
The supervisors are idiots. Only a few team leaders actually do what they need to do other than that they just drive around or sit around doing nothing. I hated working there. Being a bsa you work so hard and dont get paid enough yet supervisors get $15 an hour and do nothing to earn that. All they do is stand around at DFM, walk around their buildings every so often and just sit in their office. They never give you a direct answer half the time and the only way you move up is if you have your head up management's butt. They expect you to do so much in a short amount of time and if you dont get it done your punished even when they know it was to much to handle.
Pros
None at this department
wku
Intramural field caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 3, 2016
This job was very stress free. other than lifting heavy equipment from time to time the overall workload was never overwhelming.
Graduate assistant in Psych
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 21, 2016
I felt very comfortable with my advisor and was well supported. I enjoyed the research I conducted and would gladly recommend this university for anything.
Pros
Cons
N/A
fun place to work
Arabic and Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 26, 2015
it feels like family working at WKU, great benefits and greater support system, the only con is that it is located in a small town and I am used to live in bigger cities.
Pros
WKU has a great support system
Cons
small town
Fun and great way to gain work experience
I.T. Desktop/Helpdesk Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 8, 2015
They provide students with various different positions to gain useful experience toward work after graduation. WKU provides students with great opportunities to obtain not only work but networking.
Culture Diversity
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 9, 2015
It was a fast paced job which I enjoyed as I like meeting and helping students from all over the world it was rewarding working with the immigration advisor taught me a lot. But eventually the upper management changed employees started to face issues with upper management which caused all employees from that specific department to quit their job.
Pros
Builds your communication skills
Cons
the director is not very helpful and is very rude
Great Work Enviroment that Promoted Learning
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 24, 2015
Great Job that worked around my class schedule. Fulfilling job, that promoted education via hands on experience. Hardest part was connecting with students whom did not want to be in the class.
Pros
Strong Support System
One of a kind job
Advising Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 12, 2015
Even though it was short lived, I learned a lot about the healthcare system. Educating people and helping them find insurance was enjoyable.

4.5