Western Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Tutor (Math) (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYAugust 27, 2015
Loved working with kids. It was my passion. i enjoyed every minute of it. The parents were nice and the kids loved me. I loved all my co-workers, it was just great. Could not have asked for a better job.
Great Work Enviroment that Promoted Learning
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Strong Support System
Great Job that worked around my class schedule. Fulfilling job, that promoted education via hands on experience. Hardest part was connecting with students whom did not want to be in the class.
One of a kind job
Advising Assistant/Intern (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYAugust 12, 2015
Even though it was short lived, I learned a lot about the healthcare system. Educating people and helping them find insurance was enjoyable.
A good place to start work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility of schedule
Cons: No cons from my perspective
The day starts as early as 7.30 am with an hour break at 12 pm, and the end of the day's work is dependent on the activities of the day. A typical day ends at 4.30 pm
Good enough
Student Lab Manager (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KyJuly 9, 2015
It is a good place for college students where you can work and study at the same time. WKU gives you to make your own hours and they will try their best to work you within them.
Student employment not meant to be long term.
Proctor (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 26, 2015
Western is not a bad place to work, it's just not meant to be long term. A typical day is watching people take tests. If a supervisor was out then I would be in the office answering phones and scheduling people to take tests.
I was an enjoyable experience.
Lab Analyst/Technician - Support technician (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYJune 11, 2015
They provided a comfortable atmosphere and encouraged a learning environment in gaining knowledgeable experience.
Producive working with customer
Suite Holder (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 11, 2015
My typical day at work was Greeted every fan to the basketball games, ensured all fans had a proper ticket for the game
The hardest thing about my job is downtime
I enjoy working with people
I love working with my co-worker they all were a teamplayer
Good place to work, great people.
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 18, 2015
Restructured numerous times with sometimes lack of leadership or direction. Some employees were allowed to do whatever they wanted with little to no consequences. Not enough room for advancement.
Great job. Independence to perform at my best.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 14, 2015
Autonomy, Leadership, fun job. Most enjoyable part of job was working with students. No other information will be provided at this time.
productive and fun workplace
Athletic Marketing/ student activities (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, very helpful
Staff meetings, assist students with questions about our departments, coordinate programs and activities. Ive learned how to enhance my skill sets dealing with event and sport marketing and also my communication skills with student activities. Management is great productive and efficient. I love my co-workers we work as a great team.
Very fun and productive work place
Downing Student Union Programming Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Getting to interact with different people every day
Cons: Very time demanding
I really enjoyed working for the Downing Student Union. My staff are always supportive and whenever I needed help they stepped up without hesitation. I never had the same job every week, so it really helped me grow when pursuing my future career.
Great for Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 6, 2015
A student worker job at Western Kentucky University has flexible hours and allows me to work 20 hours so that I have time to study.
Fun atmosphere with great people
Transcript Processor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation
Your day starts out by reconciling previous day transactions. Once complete, you then begin to process transcript requests from students in person, over the phone and via the internet. Keys to success are being able to multitask.
Great Place
Volunteer Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 27, 2015
Experiences here are great. Coaches have been long term with a bundle of experiences to learn from. Positions are limited and so is pay.
Very rewarding
Program Director (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: watching kids believe in themselves and their future.
Cons: grant funding-ended
This position goes above and beyond for at risk students. We offered programs to enrich arts and humanities along with teaching how to achieve their dreams and future.
Excellent work environment
Program Director (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: educational funding, opportunity growth
Cons: low income, income based on grant funding for this position.
Budget management, database management, supervisory roll.

I learned a great deal about budget and database management. I was able to continue my education with very little cost due to the incentives. Co-workers were enjoyable.

Hardest part of the job-low pay scale.

The opportunity to grow.
office setting, easy work, no diversity
Study Abroad and global learning (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: easy work, no study abroad application fee's and a good job for a resume
Cons: gossip, small office, no diversity or non whites and no one really talked to me but communicated with each other, i was the only minority.the pay is bad also but that's expected it's a college kids job.
Easy job, typical day would be answering emails and phone calls and completing assignments given by advisers i.e budgets for study abroad programs.
I was an undergraduate researcher
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 11, 2015
Not really much to say, I would do research when I wasn't doing homework, studying or in class. The professors and other students were always up to having some fun in order to have a break from the daily grind.
Great learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 5, 2015
They have wonderful mentors. This institution facilitates a great learning experience both in the classroom and outside of it.