Western Kentucky University Employee Reviews in United States

Dont work for DFM
Bsa (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 9, 2016
The supervisors are idiots. Only a few team leaders actually do what they need to do other than that they just drive around or sit around doing nothing. I hated working there. Being a bsa you work so hard and dont get paid enough yet supervisors get $15 an hour and do nothing to earn that. All they do is stand around at DFM, walk around their buildings every so often and just sit in their office. They never give you a direct answer half the time and the only way you move up is if you have your head up management's butt. They expect you to do so much in a short amount of time and if you dont get it done your punished even when they know it was to much to handle.
Pros
None at this department
wku
Intramural field caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 3, 2016
This job was very stress free. other than lifting heavy equipment from time to time the overall workload was never overwhelming.
Graduate assistant in Psych
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 21, 2016
I felt very comfortable with my advisor and was well supported. I enjoyed the research I conducted and would gladly recommend this university for anything.
Pros
Cons
N/A
fun place to work
Arabic and Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 26, 2015
it feels like family working at WKU, great benefits and greater support system, the only con is that it is located in a small town and I am used to live in bigger cities.
Pros
WKU has a great support system
Cons
small town
Fun and great way to gain work experience
I.T. Desktop/Helpdesk Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 8, 2015
They provide students with various different positions to gain useful experience toward work after graduation. WKU provides students with great opportunities to obtain not only work but networking.
Culture Diversity
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 9, 2015
It was a fast paced job which I enjoyed as I like meeting and helping students from all over the world it was rewarding working with the immigration advisor taught me a lot. But eventually the upper management changed employees started to face issues with upper management which caused all employees from that specific department to quit their job.
Pros
Builds your communication skills
Cons
the director is not very helpful and is very rude
Great Work Enviroment that Promoted Learning
Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 24, 2015
Great Job that worked around my class schedule. Fulfilling job, that promoted education via hands on experience. Hardest part was connecting with students whom did not want to be in the class.
Pros
Strong Support System
One of a kind job
Advising Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 12, 2015
Even though it was short lived, I learned a lot about the healthcare system. Educating people and helping them find insurance was enjoyable.
A good place to start work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 27, 2015
The day starts as early as 7.30 am with an hour break at 12 pm, and the end of the day's work is dependent on the activities of the day. A typical day ends at 4.30 pm
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
No cons from my perspective
Good enough
Student Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KyJuly 9, 2015
It is a good place for college students where you can work and study at the same time. WKU gives you to make your own hours and they will try their best to work you within them.
Student employment not meant to be long term.
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 26, 2015
Western is not a bad place to work, it's just not meant to be long term. A typical day is watching people take tests. If a supervisor was out then I would be in the office answering phones and scheduling people to take tests.
I was an enjoyable experience.
Lab Analyst/Technician - Support technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 11, 2015
They provided a comfortable atmosphere and encouraged a learning environment in gaining knowledgeable experience.
Producive working with customer
Suite Holder (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 11, 2015
My typical day at work was Greeted every fan to the basketball games, ensured all fans had a proper ticket for the game
The hardest thing about my job is downtime
I enjoy working with people
I love working with my co-worker they all were a teamplayer
Good place to work, great people.
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 18, 2015
Restructured numerous times with sometimes lack of leadership or direction. Some employees were allowed to do whatever they wanted with little to no consequences. Not enough room for advancement.
Great job. Independence to perform at my best.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 14, 2015
Autonomy, Leadership, fun job. Most enjoyable part of job was working with students. No other information will be provided at this time.
productive and fun workplace
Athletic Marketing/ student activities (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 27, 2015
Staff meetings, assist students with questions about our departments, coordinate programs and activities. Ive learned how to enhance my skill sets dealing with event and sport marketing and also my communication skills with student activities. Management is great productive and efficient. I love my co-workers we work as a great team.
Pros
great co-workers, very helpful
Very fun and productive work place
Downing Student Union Programming Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working for the Downing Student Union. My staff are always supportive and whenever I needed help they stepped up without hesitation. I never had the same job every week, so it really helped me grow when pursuing my future career.
Pros
Getting to interact with different people every day
Cons
Very time demanding
Great for Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 6, 2015
A student worker job at Western Kentucky University has flexible hours and allows me to work 20 hours so that I have time to study.
Fun atmosphere with great people
Transcript Processor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 6, 2015
Your day starts out by reconciling previous day transactions. Once complete, you then begin to process transcript requests from students in person, over the phone and via the internet. Keys to success are being able to multitask.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation
Great Place
Volunteer Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 27, 2015
Experiences here are great. Coaches have been long term with a bundle of experiences to learn from. Positions are limited and so is pay.

4.5