Western Kentucky University

Western Kentucky University Employer Reviews

Fun and exciting
Public Relations Coordinator (Internship) (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 19, 2013
Loved being apart of the university. It taught me a lot about teamwork.
Laboratory setting job with many interesting challenges
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 12, 2013
While working here I was a teaching assistant or a laboratory manager. While teaching I had two classes of 10 students and taught a research methods lab. While a lab manager I was responsible for recruiting participants, collecting data, analyzing the data, designing experiments, and conducting background research.
Great introduction to the world of Geotechnical Engineering.
Civil Engineering Lab Technician (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 11, 2013
Did basic lab technician duties which gave me insight to how important lab results are to the field of Engineering.
Great atmosphere, Great co-workers, Flexible Scheduling
Lab Consultant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 8, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation, co-workers, and management
Cons: cannot work more than 20 hours
When I work, I make sure the Printers have paper and Toner in them. We keep a running total of who is in the lab and I record this. Management is fantastic, they are very professional and flexible with your schedules. I don't believe there's anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part is that I can go to class and work without having to drive – more... anywhere. It's very close to where I live. – less
Relaxed work enviorment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYOctober 8, 2013
I enjoy working here and wouldn't advise anyone to try to find a job somewhere else.
Relaxed work enviorment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYOctober 8, 2013
Rewarding
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYAugust 1, 2013
Daily task included cleaning, training various athletic teams. Main concentration was football and women's soccer
Student
Student (Former Employee), Bowling Green KyJune 23, 2013
Pros: close to home!
Cons: expensive
I did not work at WKU.
I was a student not an employee!
I received two degree while at WKU. Rank1 and a Rank2.
High energy fun job
Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 18, 2013
Pros: keep in shape, learn alot, networking
Cons: brutal schedule
In charge of early morning workouts of the WKU football team. Learned how to implement and create workouts. The other coaches and clients were easy to get along with. Hardest part was getting your players motivated sometimes. It was always a great feeling at the end of the workout.
Facility Student Supervisor (Current Employee), Bowling Green KentuckeyMay 21, 2013
As a student worker working with students you never knew what was going to happen.
Student Lab Manager (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 6, 2013
Enjoy working at the university while attending college. Valuable experience and proud to be a hilltopper.
It is not hard work.
Custod (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 29, 2013
Pros: they treat us fair and give us free turkeys for thanksgiving every year.
Cons: we do not get to change are time if we wanted another schedual.
I like working for the university because they have great benifits and it is not back breaking work. My co-workers are great to work with.
Highly Competitive, good starting point
Special Teams Coordinator/Academic Liaison (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 22, 2013
WKU does not pay their employees very much, but they provide a competitive atmosphere that allows their employees to learn at a fast rate. Most people are better for having worked at WKU because they learn how to make big things happen on a small budget.
great teaching experience
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: professional learning experience
I enjoyed working with students who were at the end of their learning experience and honing their knowledge base. I enjoyed the development of teaching materials such as power point presentation and lecture using life experience as examples of material. I was gifted with a great staff who assisted me in adjustment of teaching at the university level.
great teaching experience
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: professional learning experience
Learnt a lot while teaching students
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 12, 2013
Lab Assistant
Taught Java
Researcher in the field of Software Metrics
Nice place to work
Postdoctoral researcher (Current Employee), Bowling green KYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: peaceful city
Cons: researchers are paid very less
The day starts at 8 am and goes on until we finish our work. Since the university has very poor infrastructure for research we waste too much time doing a lot of menial things. As a result the efficiency is less and we do not have enough time for personal life. Co-workers are great to work with. The best part of the job is that we get to learn a lot.
Great University and place to work!
Student Office Associate (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 23, 2013
My position was mostly administrative. This University offered a great environment for both students and employees. Management is flexible and supportive of your development.
Friendly and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: holidays paid, chances for overtime, discount in higher education, some of the benefits were good
Cons: short lunch, pay scale could have been better, raises were lame, management could have been better knowledge of staffs jobs
The crew I had was a great bunch who worked hard and helped out one another. My crew took projects and completed them fully and never hesitated to ask for assistance if needed.
I learned all the skills/machines/ products for the job and kept learning to improve myself.
Hardest part about the job was getting management to listen to my concerns and/or – more... ideas for my job or employees to make the job of employees or myself manageable.
Most enjoyable times on the job was when my crew and I would have a project and see the completion.Also to be able to have fun together as a crew while doing projects. – less
Normal workday for office enviroment
Kentucky Teacher Internship Program (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYOctober 15, 2012
Pros: university life
Cons: state funding
It was a great job.Handling incoming calls and mail, greet visitors, resolve inquiries. Create and maintain databases for participants in programs offered by The Center and KTIP program. Created various reports and forms for teacher interns and training records or their committee members. Liaison for 38 school districts for Interns, Resource Teachers, – more... and Principals. Create forms, brochures, certificates of attendance, processed payroll and travel vouchers for university personnel. Processed monies received, transaction reconciliations, and issued invoices and checks when needed. – less