Western Michigan University

Western Michigan University Employer Reviews

Co-Instructor
Co-Instructor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 27, 2015
I have worked with upcoming Freshman for most of my college career. A typical day at work included me going into class and assisting the professor in the presentation of topic or assignments. The professor I worked with was a great professor and truly loved his job which made mine rewarding as well. I liked that I was able to be an asset to students if they needed me regarding personal or school life.
Great University
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Western Michigan University has enhanced my life tremendously since I first set foot on campus. The education, the job I have, and the people here are amazing! I have the opportunity to work under a professor to assist with research and other needs that teach me more about higher education and the effort needed to create a successful learning environment.
bad job when working for temp service (dining services)
Dining services - temp. employee (Former Employee), DiningJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: way too much upper management that does not have a clue.
they say they are an equal opportunity employer. They are not!!! Students beware - very costly and they don't care about you. Go to KVCC or another community college if you can.

Don't go WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great place to work!
Academic Intern (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Working at WMU has been a blast. Supervisors accommodate busy schedules for students while still giving them the opportunity to experience real world business planning.
referee
Accurately judge (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 13, 2015
i refereed all sports games including football basketball and others.
Tutor
Electrical and Computer Engineering Tutor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 15, 2014
Typical day at tutoring position involved working with students who had issues with their digital logic labs and help them understand the problem so they could complete the course work.
Awesome setting
Resident Hall Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 8, 2014
The people are great to work with, as well as residents and guest.
This was an excellent school to attend.
Group Counselor Co-Facilitator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 4, 2014
Western Michigan University was not my employer, but it was where I went to school in order to receive my advanced degree in School Counseling.
Great Student job
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 1, 2014
Great team of professionals and a positive work environment. Each employee works hard and is required to hold themselves accountable.
Best social work assistant in the West-ern
Social Work Office Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: giving social work student advice for incoming cohorts, helping with outgoing cohort experiences, working with the dean
Cons: not alot of supervision ( most questions would be answered at a later time), did alot of organization and planning
On a typical day as an assistant consisted of filing student files, making lots of copies for staff and students, and socializing with students and staff; I also was responsible for my own cohort leaving the social work program and a new cohort entering the social work program. I helped plan and organize my own social work cohort's graduation (with flyers, order of service and names of graduating class, flowers, cupcakes, cake, gifts, etc.). I learned organizational skills that would prepare me for the realm of social work.
Be careful
Account Representative (Former Employee), Kalamazoo,MiOctober 27, 2014
They can get rid of you any minute, they are not very good about hiring non college graduates. They have selective hiring. They looked down on you if you don't have a degree.
food service
Clean, monitor entry, cook (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 7, 2014
This is a great place to work for a person just starting college learning about food and meeting people.
Family type atmosphere
Women's Basketball Undergraduate Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free team apparel, opportunity to travel
Cons: little room for advancement
The culture is very family oriented and centered around working towards a common goal. Co- workers are extremely supportive and eager to help in advancement of personal and team goals.
Valuable Learning Experiences
Graduate Research Assistant: Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 21, 2014
Great place to grow professionally. I had great experiences with the feedback and support I was given from my supervisors and colleagues.
Best school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 15, 2014
Western is very good in terms of treating graduate assistants
Required for Indeed
Bronco Express Telephone Representative (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, health benefits
Cons: wages, compensation, management
A typical day - a busy call volume, calls come into a call que. I mostly provide instruction to students to navigate their account or the WMU website or provide timelines for paperwork processing. Wish position involved more hands-on information processing, trouble shooting and the ability to resolve problems/provide solutions. Best part of job is providing quality customer service and making the customer happy.
Creative workplace with a flexible schedule
Teaching Assistantship/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 18, 2014
Taught undergraduate students and ran laboratory experiments for undergraduate classes and the hydrogeology summer fieldcamp.
Learning environment and a launch base
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 14, 2014
A typical day starts with literature review and lab experiments. I have learned team work and communication skills. Strengthened my technical abilities and software knowledge.
The hardest part of the job was to figure out the problems in the data we gathered and fix it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the moment we found the result and response.
Diverse and inclusive university
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 10, 2014
WMU is a wonderful place to learn about new cultures and gather a plethora of new learning experiences.
As a first time College Instructor
Introduction to Special Education (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 24, 2014
Create and implement classroom technology-based learning modules, designed to increase students technical skill level, in preparation for higher education.

1 2 3 4 5

About Western Michigan University

Western Michigan University (WMU) is a public university located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States. The university was established – Read more

Western Michigan University Photos