Western Michigan University Employee Review

View all Western Michigan University reviews

Interesting place to work for
Office Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 4, 2014
This was my only work study job. It was very interesting to see how work study students were treated compared to normal employees. The hours were great, but management didn't show to much interest in work study student's futures. They were more concerned about students not exceeding the work study budget. I did learn a few technological skills, which has helped me succeed in my classes.
Pros
Technological skills
Cons
Very low hours

Other Western Michigan University Employee Reviews

Fun
Internship at DA Blodgett-St. John's (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 15, 2018
Great place and great education. Drive is far from grand rapids but I love all of my professors and definitely learned a lot from all of them. Great facility.
Perfect job for a Bronco
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 13, 2018
There was never a normal day at this job due to all of what was expected of me. I gave tours of campus to K-12+, made phone calls for the university, worked the major events such as the Medallion Scholarship Competition.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with our guests and getting them excited about Western!
I had to take an exam on WMU knowledge every semester and 80% was failing.

The management was very supportive which was lovely, however they do ask too much of full time college students.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes