Western Michigan University

Western Michigan University Employer Reviews

nice place to be
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: work close with professors
very nice atmosphere. like the professors. helps you with your classes too.
very intersting place to work in
Teacher and research assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MichiganJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: gym
Cons: health care, lunch reaks
Very relax and stable position.friendly enviroment, no complin at all , very old faces young people are little so classiacal subjectes and majors are availible.
Good University
Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 20, 2013
I have been studying educational leadership and quantitative methods at Western Michigan University for more than 5 years. This is a great place for learning and professional development.
WMU
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 16, 2013
WMU was an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate student to get experience working directly with experienced professors in a laboratory setting. WMU is a great company to work for, the schedule was flexible and the knowledge and experience gained was invaluable to my career.
Confortable work environment
Front desk attendant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 26, 2012
Pros: independence
Cons: it was a short contract
At the front desk i had to deal with lots of people who were new on campus where they expected me to deal with their questions. I had to be on the phone for most of my time either calling maintenance, or my bosses for wrong keys issued to a room. The response i received from my bosses was quick and showed their dedication to the task.
study with the american students and we make a project together
internatinal student (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MINovember 19, 2012
Pros: free reading
I like to be a student in WMU, because I learn a lot of things and I learn how to make things professional. I want to introduce more Chinese students to study here
Great School
Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 31, 2012
I learned a lot about biology in general. Teaching was a great experience, and the department was excellent. The only thing I wish was different is the average funding level in the labs and equipment availability.
Welcoming
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 30, 2012
I enjoy my time in the Management Department. My co-workers are great and everything is order.
Learning workplace
Associate Researcher and evaluator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 22, 2012
Doing research and evaluation, designing and implementing inservices, workshops and seminars were some of typical activities at WMU.
Nice place to work
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 27, 2012
Troubleshooting software and computer problems, fixing printer issues etc...
Work at Western Michigan
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 28, 2012
Everyday i would first come in to store the residents mail and distribute the mail to the residents. I answered the telephone when needed and provided daily customer service. I cleaned up my area daily and made sure everything would be in place. I learned how to be a better friendly me while on the job and enjoyed meeting new people.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJuly 30, 2012
As a teaching assistant you are depended on to teach labs and lectures. In so doing, you are required to design, present, and grade material for a number of students ranging from 24-60. This is great experience, but when combined with the requirements for lab time that you need to do as a grad student in order to graduate, it can be very demanding. – more... Overall I've enjoyed this time, learned a lot about teaching, and grown in my ability to relate to others. – less
work and life balance and job has challenge
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 22, 2012
Responsible for deploying/maintaining/troubleshooting hardware infrastructure (server, workstation and CISCO devices), software implement and configuration for entire virtual training environment (VTE), and assisting senior students in completing their hands-on lab assignments or E-Firm projects from the training program of companies.
I have learned – more... to configure CISCO devices and deploy the configuration of servers and clients in network topology.
I have my own free time when I've done with my work, so my supervisor does not ask me how many hours I work in a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is challenge in the job. Need to create virtual training environment for E-Firm project from the training program of a company.
The hardest part of the job is to maintain hardware infrastructure, upgrade systems/software, or deploy a different virtual training environment. – less
College Lab work
Student (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 18, 2012
Gain work experience through hands on engineering labs. Sieve Analysis, Concrete Strength Testing, Construction Measurement and Layout.
Flexible work environment with many intelligent and knowledgable people to work with
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 2, 2012
-Being a recent undergraduate student I've learned teaching is not as easy from a professors perspective
-There is not a typical day at work, just typical times to meet for class
-I hope that when I'm done with my master's degree that I will be able to work with my co-workers in the future.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a student learn – more... (that epiphany moment when they have learned something new) – less
Large University with a Small Campus Culture
TA, Lead Instructor (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIApril 2, 2012
Pros: miller auditorium, recreational center
Cons: ongoing construction
Western Michigan University is an excellent place to work. The people are friendly, intelligent, and hard working. Students are appreciative and the campus can't be beat.
its good
Lead Research Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 30, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: low compensation
Only good if you are research oriented. The opportunities at the university are great but dont pay as much.
Exciting workplace
Office Manger (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 25, 2012
Pros: office work
Cons: not enough hours
I worked hand and hand with the Director of the building. I was able to keep track of his busy schedule, I made out maintenance forms, filed, faxed, and copied all necessary papers. I dealt with various incoming freshmans, and sophmores. I took all complaints and concerns from students, and parents of students. Nonetheless, if there were other people – more... with concerns, appointments, etc., I assisted them in proper protocol – less
good place to learn and work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 23, 2012
Place where you not only learn, its also a very good place where you can work and also gain some professional experience, which really adds up to your resume a lot
Wonderful workplace
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: graduate students
Working with graduate students was a pleasure because they took their studies very seriously.

About Western Michigan University

Western Michigan University (WMU) is a public university located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States. The university was established – Read more

Western Michigan University Photos