Western Milling Employee Reviews

record keeping
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Goshen, CAOctober 13, 2014
Reviewing payroll and Employees benefits for weekly payroll.
Poor Management
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Goshen CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: bbq
Cons: poor management, not professional.
Poor Management on the truck shop for Western Milling/O.H.K Transport, favoritism to some employees and really poor management on the truck shop, if the boss dont like you even if you are doing your job right you won't grow in the company and the Management is NOT professional!!
Productive learning experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2014
A typical work day at Western Milling would consist of answering the phones and transferring customers to different lines to be helped by one of my fellow coworkers, I would do the copying and the filing of the invoices. I would get the mail and distribute it to my coworkers and I would greet the customers as they walked in. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Family-Oriented, Fast Paced Atmosphere
Accounts Payable/Sales Support (Current Employee), Goshen, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: not enough training for persons inexperienced in management
There is always a large volume of work to do and requires the ability to perform under specific guidelines and time constraints. I learned a lot about the agricultural industry and was never aware of how much work is involved in feeding herds of cattle. I found it quite fascinating from the dispatching and delivery process, the purchasing of commodities, and how the paperwork flows and job roles intersecting. I would have to say that the most difficult part of the job is that there is too much tolerance for bad behaviors that have been allowed to continue, thus affecting overall morale. With that said, there are so many wonderful people which I have had the pleasure of working with. The company is very family-oriented and also gives back to the community, which is great.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Grimes, CASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: good hours and good pay
Cons: during harvest you have to work long hours
Great boss. Learn alot about drying and storage of grain. New people come in during rice harvest so you're not always working with the same people all the time. Good health benefits, good pay and an overall great place to work.