Western Petroleum Employee Reviews in United States

very face paced
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYFebruary 19, 2016
pre billing reviews, customer service, phones, calling customers and making sure that the fuel delivery was correct, finding missing delivery's.
work environment
Frac Technition (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXNovember 23, 2015
this was the best job that i ever had until it merged with several other companies. the new team just didnt have much respect for the employees that got them where they are today.
Productive work enviornment
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDJanuary 12, 2015
Was able to use my computer skills and customer service skills to the max. Really grew strong and wanted to grow and have more opportunities.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no real time off and overworked
There is no typical day
Large Tank Wagon Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYOctober 31, 2013
Today, I do not have a dispatch so I'm home ... but then again, I'm two days into my hitch & 35 hrs into my 70 in 8.
This is NOT a job for those who require consistency, moving the same thing to the same place at the same time every day.
I slip-seat ... every day I could be in a different truck which operates a different way.
Every rig is different in its lay-out & which tank gets what product. Sometimes I slog through mud up to my knees & sometimes I use snow chains in summer to get to where I'm supposed to be. Sometimes good directions are provided & sometimes signs point the way ... but don't depend on it.
If you're reckless, thoughtless, forgetful or distracted ... don't expect to last long.
Good Company to Work for
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNOctober 12, 2012
Great benefits, and co workers are helpful and willing to help you out. Management was vary supportive and always positive even if you make a mistake.
I learned the many different petroleum products that are offered now days,how to write an order and deliver to different customers.

Hardest part is dragging the hose to some of the tanks I had to fill, up and down stairs and even climb ladder.

The enjoyable part was being my own boss while delivering and meeting different customers and talking to them.
Pros
your own boss while delivering, meeting customers, benefits
Cons
extreme weather, road construction
Not a lot of money but a lot of hours
cdl driver (Current Employee) –  tioga ndJanuary 22, 2013
The equipment is terrible, dispatchers asking you to violate DOT regulations in a indirect matter is a common occurrence Dispatchers have no past exp. as dispatchers. Living conditions the man camp is less than good crowded, over priced for what you get no privacy. The RV park has no water when it gets below freezing, there is a common 1 tolit 1 shower/bathroom shared by inbound drivers and rv residents. Previous review I read free lunch? Not in Tioga. Benefits in my opinion are horrible . The company is pretty good at giving you time off to go home.
Pros
a lot of hours when they're busy, time off to see your family
Cons
living conditions the equipment
6 days on and 1 day off, and alot of the 6 days your on call NOT gettin $$
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTDecember 9, 2012
I started off working SUN- THU 5 days a week. Then they decided to change our schedules and have the tank wagon drivers that area " assigned to FRAC crews" work a rotating 6 days ON and 1 day OFF. The dispatchers want you to run illegal and work 16 ot 20 hour days servicing the onsite FRAC crews.Theres too many supervisors giving conflicting instructions and baby sitters makin up rules to justify thier jobs.
Pros
great hourly pay
Cons
constant demads to violate hos, not enough hours alot of weeks, safety meetings where only a few drivers attend
a learning experience
fuel delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Tioga, NDMay 11, 2012
there is no typical day at work. i learned about a section of the country i had never been to before. the entire oil industry in north dakota is understaffed most guys that are willing to come up here will find jobs.due to shortage of housing, it is hard to have a family life.most of the guys up here make the best of it.customers are cool.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDNovember 18, 2014
As a retention specialist I spent long days on the phone trying to compensate for machinery that was sent out faulty I learned a lot and taught a lott of people customer service, the job itself was not very challenging .
Controlling management
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTFebruary 8, 2015
I was hired to get the office organized and more efficient, however the owner's wife would not let me do what I was hired to do.
Look Elsewhere!!
Fuel Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Tioga, North DakotaMay 6, 2012
Very depressing and unstable company to work for. You don't know from day to day if your working or not. Housing sucks( 10 men to a trailor.) bunk beds and refrigerators that are to small for this many people. One bathroom, one shower. Out our trailor door, we live in a mud pit, very, very frustrating and depressing.
Decent Job, Poor management.
Fuel Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 11, 2013
Unmentioned "on call" status. Job wasn't bad, dispatchers were unintelligible. Short line..was hired by corporate, local management did NOT like that.
Pros
nice trucks
Cons
soft days off, on call, vindictive management.
Productive and Educational
PURCHASING, YARD MAIN. MECHANICS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDMarch 7, 2014
Lots of paper work and purchasing. Balancing expenses and filling. Long hours little sleep. Continuing education.
Pros
learning new programs
Cons
long hours no sleep
Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTAugust 28, 2014
hauled lots of fuel, lots of truck driving. long hauls. good people to work with
Pros
good employees and boss
Cons
the mud, the pay
money is good IF you don't mind working all the time.
Frac Fuele (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJanuary 10, 2013
Long days. LAZY employees from louisiana. Hard to get fired. Pay is good for what you do.
Pros
money, free lunches
Cons
quality of employees.
defunct
Fuel Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 28, 2013
Was hired by .."brought in"...was highly resented for this. Short Employment...no scheduled days off.
Pros
decent trucks good mechanic.
Cons
dispatchers, management.
Fast pace company with quick advancement opportunities
Leased Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UtahJanuary 13, 2013
I really enjoy working here. Only leaving because office is closing due to sell of company.
incompetence is a prerequisite to promotion
employee (Current Employee) –  Tioga, NDNovember 7, 2012
You will make money like you never have but will never run legal. Forget about a family life.
Pros
money
Cons
disregard for the law
Great
Frac Technician (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKMay 12, 2013
Absolutely a great place to work. They treat you so well. Long hours.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not much, if you can take long hours on your feet, then your all set.
great place to work with lots of hours
fueler (Current Employee) –  MidlandFebruary 18, 2012
Excelent company to work for. Everyone is nice from management to the employee.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
nothing bad to say