Western Piedmont Community College Employee Reviews

Loved teaching
English as a Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJuly 23, 2017
Awesome students that came to class after a long days at working in furniture or poultry industries. Students were always interested in learning a new language, English.
Pros
Great place for students to learn ESL
Cons
Long hours for students
Filing documents
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJuly 20, 2017
Our duty is to file documents into the correct student's folder. When we're not filing, we are scanning documents into the computer. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the staffs. They're friendly and approachable. They're reliable when I have questions.
It was a good, clean job environment for instructors.
Educator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJune 17, 2017
I was given freedom within the classroom to choose curriculum and pacing. Access to materials.and administration was great. There was always someone available to answer any questions and the coworkers were easy to work with. There was low stress for most part, but completing the paperwork could be a hassle. My favorite part of what I accomplished was the ability to counsel students when they had difficulties in their lives.
Pros
When my mother was ill, they were lenient towards letting me off.
Cons
My job was secure only as long as there was funding available.
Student work program.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCDecember 16, 2016
The lab assistant job is essentially a tutoring job using the funding for technical support to pay for it. You work in the lab time when the students are suppose to study and work on projects, you help them as needed and keep the computers running. Each student is only allowed one semester of work opertunity.
Pros
You get to run the labs and teach the less advanced students without the interference of teachers, It's a much more creative environment.
Cons
The director was too busy to be both the director and the teacher. Rarely knew what was happening.
Sharing the knowledge of education with students.
PART-TIME MATH INSTRUCTOR / TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 24, 2015
This is an enjoyable educational institution where an individual with subject knowledge can share this knowledge with various students on a part-time or full time basis.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low student enrollment.
Wonderful place to work!
Phlebotomy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NC 28655September 23, 2014
Western Piedmont gives instructors the freedom to teach with the technique that they are comfortable with as long as you stay with state guidelines.
fun workplace
Adjunct Instructor Human Services Department (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 25, 2014
part time adjunct instructor and would love to work there again on a full time basis
Pros
great culture
Cons
hard to get a position
Great expirence
Director of Business and Industry Services (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJuly 5, 2014
Hey great job . Great expirence. Too bad state budget cuts ended it.
Western Piedmont Community College
ESL instructor (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCApril 26, 2014
Students were mostly immigrants from Guatemala, Mexico and Southeast Asia. The teachers are all very experienced and patience.
Pros
very patient and loving staff
Cons
WPCC only provided 3 levels of ESL classes
Wpcc
General Education Development (GED) Educator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Teaching inmates general math, English, science, social studies, and reading skills.
Patience is a requirement in this field.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student 'graduated' and received their GED.
Pros
Fast paced and very rewarding.

Want to know more about Western Piedmont Community College?

Ask a question
Great for students
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCSeptember 24, 2013
A typical day starts with a quick check with the supervisors for any special tasks that need to be done along with the standard clean up and organization of the lab areas. These tasks can range from redistributing equipment to dismantlement student projects and even manufacturing parts for use by students. Typically there is one Lab Tech and one Work Study student for each department at the college.
The hardest part of the job occurs at the start of he semester with the inventory of surplus equipment and reorganization of the labs in preparation for the new semester.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn new things in my field of study and the freedom to work around my schedule.
Pros
Extremely Flexible Schedual
Cons
Few available hours
Simple place to work at
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJuly 23, 2013
There was not much to the job other than being in a computer lab so students have the ablility to work on projects after class hours. Helping students and also making surer students were respectful to others and people outside of the computer room.
Teacher assistance
teacher assistance (Former Employee) –  morganton, ncJune 24, 2013
Work only a couple of hours a week, it's nice and quiet. I've learned to do inventory, solder, fabricate, and program computers. Most enjoyable part about this job is that it's flexible.
Excellent place to work. Great work atmosphere.
Clinical Instructor A.D.N. Program (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJuly 10, 2012
The faculty and staff are very welcoming and helpful. They care about the students and each other.
Pros
no holidays or weekends.
Cons
low salary.
Great place to learn
Receiving Workstudy (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCJune 19, 2012
I learned how to receive packages, make keys, use data bases, and good communication skills.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
only worked 12 hours a week and you have to be a student to work.
Lab technican
Microbiology lab technican (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 22, 2012
learn how to properly set up labs for the microbiology department. learn about different kinds of microorganisms and how they grow in cultures.
Pros
learning about different microorganisms
Cons
not enough hours
I really enjoyed my time at this school
Student (Former Employee) –  StudentMarch 7, 2012
I learned so much about myself and where I want to be in my future. This is a very professional school and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to continue thier education.