Western Piedmont Community College

Western Piedmont Community College Employer Reviews

fun workplace
Adjunct Instructor Human Services Department (Former Employee), Morganton, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: hard to get a position
part time adjunct instructor and would love to work there again on a full time basis
Great expirence
Director of Business and Industry Services (Former Employee), Morganton, NCJuly 5, 2014
Hey great job . Great expirence. Too bad state budget cuts ended it.
Western Piedmont Community College
ESL instructor (Former Employee), Morganton, NCApril 26, 2014
Pros: very patient and loving staff
Cons: wpcc only provided 3 levels of esl classes
Students were mostly immigrants from Guatemala, Mexico and Southeast Asia. The teachers are all very experienced and patience.
WPCC
General Education Development (GED) Educator (Former Employee), Morganton, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: fast paced and very rewarding.
Teaching inmates general math, English, science, social studies, and reading skills.
Patience is a requirement in this field.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student 'graduated' and received their GED.
Great for students
Lab Tech (Current Employee), Morganton, NCSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: extremely flexible schedual
Cons: few available hours
A typical day starts with a quick check with the supervisors for any special tasks that need to be done along with the standard clean up and organization of the lab areas. These tasks can range from redistributing equipment to dismantlement student projects and even manufacturing parts for use by students. Typically there is one Lab Tech and one Work Study student for each department at the college.
The hardest part of the job occurs at the start of he semester with the inventory of surplus equipment and reorganization of the labs in preparation for the new semester.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn new things in my field of study and the freedom to work around my schedule.
Simple place to work at
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Morganton, NCJuly 23, 2013
There was not much to the job other than being in a computer lab so students have the ablility to work on projects after class hours. Helping students and also making surer students were respectful to others and people outside of the computer room.
Teacher assistance
teacher assistance (Former Employee), morganton, ncJune 24, 2013
Work only a couple of hours a week, it's nice and quiet. I've learned to do inventory, solder, fabricate, and program computers. Most enjoyable part about this job is that it's flexible.
Excellent place to work. Great work atmosphere.
Clinical Instructor A.D.N. Program (Current Employee), Morganton, NCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: no holidays or weekends.
Cons: low salary.
The faculty and staff are very welcoming and helpful. They care about the students and each other.
Great place to learn
Receiving Workstudy (Former Employee), Morganton, NCJune 19, 2012
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: only worked 12 hours a week and you have to be a student to work.
I learned how to receive packages, make keys, use data bases, and good communication skills.
Lab technican
Microbiology lab technican (Current Employee), Morganton, NCMarch 22, 2012
Pros: learning about different microorganisms
Cons: not enough hours
learn how to properly set up labs for the microbiology department. learn about different kinds of microorganisms and how they grow in cultures.
I really enjoyed my time at this school
Student (Former Employee), StudentMarch 7, 2012
I learned so much about myself and where I want to be in my future. This is a very professional school and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to continue thier education.