WESTERN REFINING

WESTERN REFINING Employer Reviews

Alot of fun but hard work .
Cook/Receiving Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Payson, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: regular customers
Cons: managers attitude
great team work but the attitude of manager was horrible . the supervisor was awesome and always willing to help with customers and problems that might have occurred.
friendly place and everyone was very helpful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Aztec, NMOctober 30, 2014
I had a graet time while I worked there. I wish I didn't have to stop my employment there, I would definetly recomend working for them.
I loved my customers and vendors
Store Manager (Former Employee), El Paso TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very stressful
I arrived at work at 5:30am and I reviewed the graveyard shift's work and then I began the paperwork for the day before. After all the paperwork was complete, I went to the bank to make the deposit. Returning from the bank, I caught up on all data entry that was required by the company. I trained my employees to accept merchandise from the vendors and overlooked the work of the cashiers. Throughout the week I kept up with the appearance of the store and the inventory. I was also in charge of hiring and firing of all my store employees.

The toughest part of the job would have been dealing with the upper level manager who at times may forget what it takes to run a store.

The best part of the my job was my employees, customers, and my vendors. I really enjoyed the day to day socializing with all of them.
Great Career
Laboratory Inspector (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: safety culture, benefits, salary
Cons: rotating shifts
One of the best Companies I've ever worked for. Good salary, benefits, excellent training & a very proactive safety culture. Sorry I left...praying for that second chance.
Stressful until it's time to lock up the alchohol
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management, no breaks, lack of communication
Managment never answers their phones during emergency. Employees did what they wanted and never got in trouble as long as they were friends with the managers. Manager was quick to find reasons to fire people if they didn't like the person.
GOOD JOB
CDL/tanker/driver (Former Employee), tucson,AZJuly 29, 2014
Pros: safety bonus programs
Cons: no holidays off
typical work day- 12-13hrs dispatch changing workflow every hour pre-trip truck and go load your truck for my first stop. safety was the main key, loved my co-workers they could always make me laugh. the most enjoyable was the pay and good equipment.
Great work environment, Productive, Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, great hours, awesome management.
Cons: takes a year for benefits, washing the parking lot in winter time.
Typical day was associated with sales of gasoline, sodas, snacks, etc. I learned ordering, cash management, great customer service skills. Management was amazing very well liked by many very friendly, a motivator, goal getter and great at her job. Co-workers were a joy to work with very friendly, accomplished what tasks were given in the time frame of their shift. The hardest part of the job was nothing that I really can name. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the management great moods, new faces, and overall just a great place to work at.
Not a place I would want to spend 1/3 of my life
Credit Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: nice locatiion
Cons: hostile environment
The management team is uninspiring and in fact insulting. Most co-workers were wonderful, however, expressed unhappiness with their jobs but had been there through many acquisitions and changes.
Very good place to work
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: i worked on my own, i set my own hours.
Cons: hard to complete all the work in an 8 hour day.
I took the daily paperwork directly from the drivers.
I made sure the system {TMW} reflected what the drivers delivered.
I was not micro mangaged. I was on my own. I learned a lot about the system they use for Billing. {TMW}
I believe that hardest part of the job was getting the drivers to understand that what they showed on their Delivery Ticket is what the customer was going to be billed for. The most enjoyable part of the job was being direct contact with the drivers on a daily basis.
Real good owner easy to work for and/or with.
Utility Maintenance (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: just a real good company to work for.
Cons: n/a
Typical day at work very busy the way i like it. What I learned the installation of fire system reading blue print and more. Management real good to work for had no problems. Co-workers real good people all around great team work could not ask for better.The most enjoyable part of the job the experience and traveling out town.
Fun work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJanuary 8, 2014
Working for Western Refining was a fun and exciting place to work. Meeting all the new and different people made going to work absolutely fun and exciting.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NMJanuary 6, 2014
always work to keep you busy, you always see crazy things working the grave yard shift you can be promoted with in
Overall Great Company to work for
Operations Training Coordinator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 16, 2013
Fast Paced Environment,
Challenging and Intellectually Stimulating,

Great people to work with!
n/a
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2013
no comment-unworkable conditions, supervisor goes against all corporate-state-federal laws
productive, fast pace enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bernalillo, NMOctober 9, 2013
Pros: supported and would pay for bussiness education.
Cons: at times we would have to work 2 shifts or more.
A job filled with customer service, around the clock work. I personally worked all shifts at one time or another. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to asst manager. In training for management I learned so much, went to training classes. I actually had some personal growth with-in this training. It helped me in ways that I did not recognize at the time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers. I had to make them happy them all I could, so they would return ,most customers did. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting appreciated, knowing that I made a real difference in my job, and the customers as well.
A progressive company with a good future
Director of Maintenance and Projects (Former Employee), El Paso/ Gallup NMSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: oil industry and pretty secure
Cons: not enough talented personnel employed and actively helping
There is always something to get accomplished and the timing is short. The management team is supportive of the efforts of each employee. The hardest part of the job was getting buy in on directions for priorities of work flow as everyone needed their part completed first. The enjoyable part of the job was some of the employees and how they make you feel.
Excellent Place to work, Great People!
Asphalt Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 26, 2013
Western Refining is an excellent company to work for. As a large corporation, they offer excellent opportunities for advancement and generally recruit from within. I started working there straight out of college and it was a great experience.
Cashier/ Warehouse/ Inventory
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2013
Pros: always meet our overnight stocking goals.
Cons: cleaning oil and gas spills in the service station.
I worked at night and was able to unpack and shelf all the merchandise. I learned customer service skills and the ability to use a cash register. Management would attend to the details of the buisness, as my coworker and I would handle the customers and the inventory shelfing. The hardest part of the job was the morning shift change, to make sure the all the stock has been completely shelved and completed. The enjoyable part was that we always completed the stocking on time and with great accuracy.
Peacefull and fun environment to stay busy
Cashier / Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Bosque Farms, NMJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: no supervisor, graveyard, security for oneself
Cons: not enough customers, more work should be required to stay busy
Western refining was i think the best job i could have for one reason we worked grave yards so basically the only thing we did was restock the store clean and help the very lil people who did come in. there was no night supervisor only two workers so we were in charge of each other and making sure there was a 50 / 50 partnership thatwe had to maintain in order to get everything done.
Liked working with customers, learned the retail trade
Asst Mgr, Cashier, Laborer, Stocker (Former Employee), GallupSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: great benefits, working with people. meeting new people. learn the retail business.
Cons: no breaks, not eough time to work the floor due to customers, yelled at by upper mngmnt. no overtime pay, sometimes donate your time due to corporate demands.
Focus was on the customers, gotta be a hard worker and quick learner. Benefits are great. I enjoyed working with coworkers and my manager.