Western Reserve Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible Place To Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 12, 2016
I worked there for years with no attendance problems. Very good work history with this Hospital, patients and doctors. Got sick and was hospitalized in that very hospital. Management still gave me write-ups while I was hospitalized and sick. Even gave me points unfairly and got me terminated. Management is very shady. If you're a good employee you get nowhere because management is scared of anyone with an opinion. When they are scared you can do their job better than they can, they will find a way to terminate you!!!
STAY AWAY.
Terrible place to work
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 13, 2017
I have worked here for almost 1yr. The communication is terrible. Management has no strategy for future plans in the department. Since I have been employed, 17 people have resigned. Some for better opportunity, others due to the lack of respect and consideration for their positions, time and the lack of good staffing. Management does not encourage growth, advancement or recognize the talent within their own department. Advancement is nearly impossible unless it is outside of not only the department but WRH as a whole. The pay is extremely low for what is asked of each employee. What is discussed in the interview is not what happens once you start. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Thank you.
Pros
Some very nice people that only want to perform well and be appreciated for a job well done.
Cons
Low wages, stressful enviornment
very good place
IT (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 10, 2016
good place to work, have many friends there. The pay and benefits are not where they should be. would like to see more offerings in additional training. I believe if a company will keep their employees positive with training and helping them achieve more in their job/family life. Things would be a lot better.
Pros
friendly people, almost like family
Cons
not enought pay or traning
How Much Is The Pay (need to kniw before the interview)
Captain (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 14, 2016
Okay, I'm 18 years old and I need to save up some money for college, and I got a call this morning telling me to come in for an interview for the Captain (food service position) and I just wanted to know if its worth it to go because its only 4 and a half hours but if the pay is good then that makes a big difference! Would anyone happen to know how much captains get paid?!?
Productive and hard working with outgoing team members
MA-Urgent Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 8, 2015
Employees were easy to work. A facility that consists of three practices, there was always work to be done. Wide range of patience came daily, making every day a new experience.
Pros
fun, understanding management, learned and experienced a lot from this facility.
Cons
Under staffed some days. Having so much to offer, they needed to have more rooms available but they work with what they have.
Teamwork and a fun place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work was a lot of responsibilities starting with making sure whatever was needed for the day was stocked , salad bar and steam table were set-up. Most important were the customers a lot of them were doctors so you had to be quick
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Driving that far
Management is among the dumbest people in healthcare
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Stow Urgent CareOctober 28, 2015
Management is totally clueless in everything-staffing, skill set of employees, assignment duties, and training. I've never worked at a place where the manager doesn't know how to do the jobs of her subordinates. When she micromanages and "helps" she constantly is asking how to do the basic of tasks. There is no accountability at all. Her answer for every problem brought to her is "how would you fix the problem." You're the manager, how about do you job. The thing management cares about most is having surveys done so they can get their bonuses. The only reason she is still the manager is because she has a friendship with upper management at the hospital. The saving grace is the other employees, along with the doctors are easy to get along with.
Pros
Medical providers are friendly and easy to work with
Cons
Everything else
Great employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron,OhioSeptember 3, 2015
• Electronic medical record keeping and Patient triaging. Collecting labs and obtaining vitals. Locating and receiving medical records from other providers. Giving report to each Doctor regarding updated medical history and procedures. Staying updated on new studies and patient education regarding medications and pain management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Healthcare, hours, PTO
productive
It Support Specialist Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 30, 2015
Its different from what I was use to from my other job
Answering phone calls as the main thing and working on the issues remotely before having to go on site and routing tickets to the right places and people,
Safe yourself...dont apply
lpn (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJanuary 14, 2016
By far the worst place I have ever worked in 15 years of being a nurse...they asked to rate management...HA! What management...
Don't waste your time
Dietary aid (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 1, 2015
I worked here for 3 months. All because the schedule was changed without my knowledge and I missed 2 days I didn't know about. Even after I showed proof of the schedule I was going by I was still terminated. This was actually a job I didn't mind working at and it went perfect with my schedule. But I had a perfecly good reason to not get fired and I still did.
Pros
Went around my schedule
Cons
Treated very unfair and unprofessional
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 13, 2015
This place has a lot of great people that work here. For the most part the managers accommodate for the needs of it employees. Always looking out for the best interest of our patients and their families.
Pros
great coworkers, overtime available
Cons
understaffed, clicks
good place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls ohioOctober 21, 2015
Team work is key here you have to be on your toes at all times. To many chiefs not enough indians. Love the small hospital atmosphere and the people are wonderful.
Pros
small town feel
Cons
plitics
Nurse Tech
Clinical Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work was rushed from the start of the day. Help getting from 17-30 patients ready for the day with no help. Call lights constantly ringing with no one to answer them but you because the nurses are at the nurses station charting. Management was nice the CEO did not mind coming out of her office in helping. Patients who are normally continent become incontinent due to waiting on going to the bathroom. The hardest part of this job is having 30 patients to yourself with no help and 5-7 nurses asking you to do 10 different things at once and getting an attitude if you do not complete ever task. The patients you meet are the best part of the job.
Pros
Patients you meet
Cons
No help, cleaning bedpans and people all the time, heavy lifting.
Good but could have been better
Tech (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 10, 2014
Overall was a good place to work, with an amazing and encouraging department head. Due to the massive female population and lack of diversity (hardly anyone of black, latino races), there was a lot of favoritism, high school gossip and lack of privacy when an employee got laid off/fired or was being medically treated at the facility.
Pros
Steady schedule, great coworkers in my department, stayed busy
Cons
High turnover in a few departments, no room to advance, low wages for high volumes of work
Caring patient centered facility that is pleasant to work for
Student Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 18, 2014
This hospital is all about patient centered care. The patients are constantly complimenting the facility about how much the staff cares about the patients and how friendly and family oriented we are. It's a true pleasure to work for the hospital. My coworkers are always working together in all situations and always have a smile on their face. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the patient tell you how great his or her care is and how you were able to help take part in that.
I feel the emergency room is a challenging environment but also rewarding.
Emergency Dept. RN (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 28, 2012
A t typical day is the challenge of unknown emergent patient presentations. I have learned to utilize my knowledge base of the Team Approach in nursing care that involves multidisciplinary networking. Co-workers in the emergency department work well together as a team to advocate for the best treatment outcomes for patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is to treat a variety of patient illnesses/pathologies and to function as a part of a greater network of care and healing in the community.
Stow urgent care primary care occ med
Clinical, Nurse, Xray (Former Employee) –  Stow OhioMarch 25, 2015
Do not waste your time applying for this position. There is no Management whatsoever, you will be lied to about the position. I am not an angry ex staff member the floor staff are great to work with, simply put this place will close if they don't get new management asap
Cons
Small facility and friendly family type atmosphere.
staff charge nurse Wester Reserve Hospital (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 16, 2014
Start shift with receiving hands off report; do complete assessment of patient. Organize medications for day. Take patient to testing areas as needed. Perform I.T. documentation at bedside as care performed.
Had a great team of nurses and interdisciplinary staff to work with as well as outstanding medical staff with residents in training.
Management is wonderful and very supportive of staff. Hardest part of job was at times dealing with patients and families who did not want to take part of their care.
Most enjoyable part of job was seeing them return to their previous level of health and able to be discharge home and having them come back to visit staff.
Pros
Excellent health care benefits
Cons
staffing issues being short staffed and unable to care for patients within my standard of care.
Patient Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 28, 2015
love it very friendly place to work. Nice environment. I think the pay just sucks. my job description requires a lot I think 13 is reasonable for this position. hopefully one day they will realize more money
Pros
really nice people
Cons
pay sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Reserve Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8