Western Shamrock Corp

Western Shamrock Corp Employee Reviews in United States

Western Shamrock
Branch Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 29, 2015
Poor pay.
Virtually no opportunity for vertical advancement.
Underappreciated and underpaid.
While the owner and upper management are handsomely paid, the lower level employees, although essential to the continued growth and success of the company are extremely underpaid.
I'm a college graduate struggling to make ends meet week to week.
The pay is not parallel with the level and importance of the duties performed.
Pros
If you are able to perform everyday tasks you have job security.
Cons
Accounting clerks are underappreciated and vastly underpaid.
A bad place to work if you are a single parent
Loan accountant (Former Employee) –  lawton okFebruary 16, 2015
I would go into work and do the same thing with no good job or hey lets do something different today. Every day was same. No benefits as a part timer and if you did go full time you had to wait an additional 90 days.
I did learn how to handle accounts and manege money even more.\
Hardest part about the job was is trying to get everything do my job and the managers job when she was to busy and then getting blamed for the manager for her not doing what she should have been.
Most enjoyable part is being there for the customer weather the needed a loan for extra food for their family a car payment they could not make and had to go a extra mile to get it paid. Basically making some one day all because I was able to assist them in getting extra cash.
Cons
no flexibility
Very beneficial to consumers down on their luck
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXOctober 24, 2014
A great company to work for. They will bend over backwards to accomodate you. On top of that, they have great merchandise that thel will finance for you with minimal payments.
The Manager
Account Specialist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Idabel, OKOctober 13, 2014
It was a great Learning Experience! Need a New Manager there.
Very welcomed atomosphere
data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 8, 2014
Did assigned jobs, in the general ledger department. Learned alot about spreadsheets from co workers and had an oportunity to show my data skills.
Great with working around schedule, Favortism in employees
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2014
Every manager has a different procedure for running their office so It made it a little difficult in adjusting when transferred. Although every office is different, It was an advantage in learning different ways to exceed and be successful. The hardest part of the job was working with mostly women who did not get along. Things were easier when you kept to yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers meet their needs and desires.
Pros
bonus and/or free lunch or gift card when meeting monthly quotas, great working around your personal schedule
Cons
low pay and hard to move up in business
friendly co-workers
Assistant Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin,txDecember 26, 2013
I enjoyed working hand in hand with my co-workers and providing excellent customer service to my community. I enjoyed being able to help families achieve their financial goals. I always tried to be informative and understanding. Having open availability with hours ranging from ten to twelve on a daily needs bases with little notice was the hardest part to adjust to. While working at Western Shamrock I learned different methods of improving my communication skills and enhance my multitask abilities.
Pros
free lunches when meeting goals
Cons
only one in austin
Personal loans
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 15, 2012
day starts at 9 am. during the day you process new loans and take payments on existing loans. Mail past due reminders and make collection calls. Office closes at 6pm. however twice a week you are required to stay an additional 2 hours making collection calls.
Management was friendly.
The location I was in had only myself and the manager.
The hardest part of the job was sitting all day making calls.
The best part of the day was the regular hours.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
collections, staying late
collections
Collection/Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2012
Good benefits, good hours, helpful co-workers.Good place to learn how collection and loans are processed.

2.9