Western Sizzlin Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 19, 2016
love love love this place however I needed to start my career. But this place was a huge impact on my life. I would recommend anyone to start their first job here .
my job was productive and i enjoyed it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 9, 2016
my job at western sizzlin was more than a teenage girl could have asked for. it was the most productive job that taught me the best customer service i needed for future employment
pleasent working enviornment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 30, 2016
managers gave good direction I enjoyed working there got along well with co-workers...the hardest part of the job was when we were very busy and not enough cashiers..
Pros
great people
Cons
no health insurance
If I was staying in Enid I would have kept this job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 8, 2016
Greeted customers, took food orders, refill salad bar. like working with family members. If needed overtime i could always work 45hrs a week.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
not really any
buser/ dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kill Devil Hills, NCMarch 25, 2016
Western Sizzlin was the first job I had I stared off as a dishwasher and moved up to busing tables it was a good learning experience it was a fast pace job I enjoyed everyone I worked with and my managers really liked me
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay
a relaxing night or day out
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malvern, AR 72104March 13, 2016
Western Sizzlin is a very clean Restaurant! The Employees are very nice and helpful. The cooks cook the food very well.. and The Environment is very relaxing for a day out.
Pros
cheap food
Cons
no break
Went back to SMX
Food runner, food prepping, and cleaning (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 10, 2016
Was not happy working here and looked for other employment. The job was very basic and not challenging.Manyteam members were rude.
productive
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VAJanuary 25, 2016
i wish they would have stayed open, got a lot of experience working at western sizzlin, very nice co-workers and customers and the food was very good i might add
Good money but lots of drama
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALJanuary 13, 2016
Like any place you have your good days and bad days. Management needs to be more concerned and focused on work that personal life. Co-workers are friendly, but like any other place you have some that aren't. Hardest part of the job is when you get sat 3 or more times in a row and you can't get caught up. Most enjoyable part is spending time with the friends you do have there and making money.
Pros
Make good in tips
Cons
Drama between servers, schedule conflicts
It was Work
Line Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 18, 2015
The job was monotonous, took up too much time, and didn't pay very well at all. The job itself wasn't too complicated, but at the same time wasn't enjoyable, the uniforms were made of thick material as well. The only good thing about them was the fact that I learned how to Multi-task on a larger scale than before, and was able to hone my memorization skills and quick writing came in handy. Overall it wasn't the best job, or the worst, it was just work.
Pros
Teamwork, Great Mentors
Cons
Short breaks, Average Food, Bad Management
ok
cook (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSNovember 4, 2015
ok place to work. great first job. respectful co workers. able to advance. able to learn a lot of things. management is fine.
Enjoy getting to know people as customers
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKAugust 27, 2015
Typical day of work making good money, learned patient and service, management helpful, coworkers good teamwork. Most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction
Nice
Server (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARJuly 3, 2015
This was a nice place to work, I enjoyed meeting to different people who came in and had a meal with us. I had the best co-workers
Neglected workplace with pleasant co-workers
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 2, 2015
This was a conventional hostess position, greeting customers, allotting customers to waitresses, ensuring waitresses fulfilled their duties and stocked the waitress station. It can be difficult to ensure waitresses complete their duties before leaving when they're trying to slip out without completing them and the management offered no help and still expected performance. The hardest part of the job was pleasing customers when the customer's requests exceed the restaurant's work practices. I enjoyed a position of authority and respect.
This was also a conventional waitress position greeting customers, taking orders, serving food and drink, tending customer, bussing tables cleaning section and stocking waitress station. Customers can be pleasant or impossible. The management illegally changed my tip card records. Co-workers were mostly like a new group of friends. It was difficult during rush hour to keep tables bussed to accommodate more customers when bus boy never bussed my tables. It was nice to be able to be informatively helpful to out-of-town customers.
Pros
Free drinks while on duty
Cons
Working in a restaurant that needed to update the decor, being harassed by customers
fun and exciting job i loved it.
cook server (Former Employee) –  tuscaloosa alabamaJune 25, 2015
everyday was a new and exciting adventure.i learned something new daily.as a people person i had a great day interacting with people.the hardest part of my job was clocking out as i love cooking and serving.the most enjoyable part was just being at my job
Pros
working with people
Cons
working with others that did not enjoy their job.
Good first job
Greeter, Cashier Line (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ArkansasApril 30, 2015
I think working at western sizzlin was a good first job because I learned many new things. I learned how to work with customers and employees.I gained a lot of responsibility.
Enjoyed working there
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Evans, COApril 27, 2015
made delicious bakery goods for restaurant , prepped food, kept area clean and helped where I was needed. enjoyed working with other employees and enjoyed the customer met some really nice people.
Pros
employees
Cons
restaurant closed
Fun working environment with employees
Server/Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 26, 2015
everyday is a different day at western sizzlen. Waitress are assign different areas every time working. sometimes you can be very busy. management works with college students schedule. Co-workers are fun to be around. having to deal with people who want a free lunch even if everything was well taken care off.
Pros
50% off on any meal
Cons
Sometimes you do not great a break.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 23, 2015
A typical day at Western Sizzlin' was very upbeat and busy. Management was not to great, but did help me out when I was ill. I learned many things about customer service at this job.
Productive and fun loving workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 9, 2015
I was a cashier. Now is under different ownership. Previous ownership was my only reason for quitting. Staff are very nice and loving. They will help you with anything you need. They will also be life long friends even after employment.

2.8