Western Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, challenging, and fun workplace while teaching students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Every day had to be on your toes to be able to deal with students or administration work. This job has taught me how to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner. The most difficult part was having to keep organized and teach 3 different courses with 54 students and still having to do the administration work at the same time. Even though this was one of my biggest challenges it was one of the most fun and rewarding to see how the students have grown mentally and matured. When they passed their MBLEX exam and reached their goals in also becoming a Massage Therapist is the best reward and instructor can feel.
Pros
It is never a dull moment and always leaning and growing as a person and a Massage Therapist.
Cons
Putting in many extra hours to finish grading or unfinished administrative paper work.
Great People
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 1, 2015
Loved the people and the environment, It was like working for a family and felt very welcome! The work was very enjoyable
Very great place to work.
Electronics Engineering Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 14, 2015
Great job teaching adult students and military. Management was very supportive and co-workers were great, learned a lot from them. Working a split shift was very hard. The pay off was watching my students graduate and start working.
Pros
worked with very qualified instructors.
rewarding and great management team
Textbook Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La crosse, wisconsinSeptember 17, 2015
provide customer service to students at western technical college. Assist them in finding textbooks need for the semester. handing money at the register for purchase of textbooks. accessing student account to charge textbook on accounts
Good Employeer
Part Time Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 24, 2015
I was a teacher assistant in the EMS Division. All employees were good to work with and I enjoyed working with the students.
nice environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2015
I trained in GED students as well as western technical college students in math. this job was one of the best ones I have had. I was in the student work program. The job is not stressful at all and it feels like you're doing something well.
A good place for school, the instructors have good teaching method.
welder (Former Employee) –  el paso txApril 14, 2015
While going to this school I saw it was a good place to learn but a little on the expensive side all in all a good place to learn, and flexible hours to attend class.
Micromanagement Issues and Salary Deficiencies
Internship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasMarch 26, 2015
The company is run very inefficiently and salaries are below expectations for the level of expertese of staff and faculty.
Pros
Helping students succeed
Cons
Management has very low regard for its employees
Change their minds a lot
Head Hemodialysis Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 11, 2014
Co workers are great. Its just that when management says something they never fallow through with it. Students start to look at you crazy because when I fallow the hand book up heads change their minds overriding me making me look dumb.
Pros
schedule
Cons
lack of managment
The ability to teach the knowledge I've gained in my life experiences to others
automotive instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 22, 2014
A day at work would start at 8am to ensure students will be in class on time and be ready start lecture in a certain phase will be in. I will engage the students in the curriculum and the understanding of the material I'm lecturing on. Then from there we will go into lab to then demonstrate hands on training on the material we reviewed over in class making sure they grasp the concept of the material.
Pros
being privileged to work with a great team in helping other pursue career opportunities in life
Cons
wanting to go back into the field
learned efficient in printing and coping, faxing
To assist the Program Director and Instructor (Former Employee) –  EL PASO, TXOctober 23, 2014
I had learned exceptional skills in printing, coping, faxing using the office machines, also learned organize documents in good manners. I loved working with all the instrutors and director of Medical coding and billing program, and all the other staff from Western tech college
fun place to work
Server, Student Manager (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 18, 2014
Daily I set up and tear down events, communicate with those who have events and the catering department to ensure quality of food and service. My co-workers are students so they come and go every semester.The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to meet. The management is very professional and work with my schedule.
Pros
great place to learn and the people are great
Cons
no benefits and i can not get a higher wage because i am a student
Worst place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  el paso txApril 8, 2014
Not a good place to work.....Management is the worst. The don't care about the students. Money is the only thing they care. To much money to attend school and the they don't provided good education.
Very Productive.
Helper (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 19, 2013
Learned a lot, very informaitioal. Would go back and work for this person.
Pros
educacional
Cons
short lived.
A different point of view in the massage field
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2013
The management was great. The hardest part of the job was to get the students engaged in the learning process. The most enjoyable part of the job was passing on knowledge as well as gaining knowledge.
Pleasant and supportive work environment.
Microbiolgy Instructor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 26, 2013
As an adjunct instructor, this job is all about preparation and student success. The College is supportive of its employees with the caveat that the real "power" lies at the State, not local level.
Pros
flexibility in where and how you prepare to teach.
Cons
little chance to move from an adjunct to permanent status (through no fault of supervisors).
a great place to learn
Student (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJuly 25, 2013
teachers are very nice and help you get back into the swing of things
learning anything in the class I need to in order to pass the class
Co-workers and friendly
Work Study/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIFebruary 17, 2013
I worked there for one year in the Student development office. It was a great place to work. This place helped me decided what I wanted to do with my life.
Pros
co workers
good work enviorment
Welder (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 13, 2012
Fabracted items such as bottle racks, dolly, other items include tabels motor mounts, use of a torch to cut trailers other items
Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2012
• Federal Work Study
• Developed inventory logs for massage supplies and books
• Maintained cleanliness of massage labs and classrooms
• Launder soiled linens and towels
• Provided copies of instructional materials and exams
• Maintained stock of massage supplies

4.2