Western Technical College Employee Reviews

Christmas vacation for two weeks
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 7, 2018
The college is not the same culture when I started and no career advancement in certain departments. The school programs and instructor are great. Good job placement for those students that give 100% to their studies.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
No career advancements
Typical work at WT College
Information Technologist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 7, 2017
Helped instructors/teachers on making sure they can access the school network, did software & hardware repairs.

Install network cables throughout the school campus, installed hardware servers and the software that goes with them.

Kept track of inventory of the desktops, monitors, printers and other school supplies for the entire school staff.
Pros
Relax work environment
Cons
Lack of pay
Decent place to work
Student Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2017
Our office was fast paced, consisted of lots of confidential paperwork, customer service all day long, constant interruptions, overall satisfaction in helping students fund their education and watching them receive their diploma at the end of the program. Upper management was pretty friendly, co-workers became family. Owners were very nice people.
Pros
Much needed training and in-service.
stressful
Medical Clinical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79932October 12, 2017
I enjoyed teaching my skills to people who wanted to learn, it was a slow paced job but had a lot to do pertaining with paperwork. overall it was a great experience.
Pros
good experice
Great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIOctober 1, 2017
Working as a security guard was great experience. I learned about safety and surveillance. It was also a great feeling to protect the other employees of western tech.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long shifts
Was there as a student employee.
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2017
Was hired on while I was a student. Went into work right after class. Had to make sure to keep the tool room clean, trouble shoot what ever was brought in, and make sure all the tools came back.
Pros
Was right after class, saved gas.
Productive and caring
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 7, 2017
my home away from home. always busy and always happy. always something new to experience. constantly changing environment makes things challenging every day
Pros
good people
Western
Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 26, 2017
The job was rewarding when it comes to the help I gave to students. The main frustration was a breakdown in communication where instructors felt a need to protect themselves from blame for any number of issues. This created an environment where people were constantly on edge.
Pros
Owners
Cons
Us vs Them Environment
Western technical college
Automotive and Light Duty Diesel instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 14, 2017
A fun ,exciting, and challenging place to work with students and teach. Everyone works together as a team to help each other keep up to data on new technology.
Changing Lives
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 9, 2017
As an Admissions Representative it's been an honor to change peoples lives. Seeing prospects enroll to graduate and fining a better job for them and their families.
Pros
Attend Special Events
great school to attend and work for
Tool Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 6, 2017
im learning alot more tools used for automotive and diesel
management always has open door policy
hardest part of the job is keeping track of all the inventory
most enjoyable is being able to use tools
Pros
works around school
Cons
not enough money
Student Unpaid Internship
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 26, 2017
The school has a requirement that we need to do 100 hours of in school internship in order to graduate. the environment and atmosphere was amazing and calm and helps us to focus on our job.
Temporary Work Study
Office/Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 7, 2017
I worked with the Associate Dean of Science in reorganizing the secretary office after the secretary resigned. I reorganized the student records room, and the inventory room. I worked with the Occupational Therapy Program Directors in organizing a better way of keeping tract of internship facilities and student records.
Pros
I chose my own hours.
Cons
It was only temporary.
Fun but stressfull
Medical/Clinical Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at WT but after a while it got too much with the class size increasing from 10 to 30 when they went to the fast track. I didn't like having so many students because I couldn't really give them the attention they deserved
Pros
Fun
Cons
stressful due to having too many students
Wtc gen ed
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2016
See first review. Second submission is required to submit resume on this site. Pay is great. Management has change. Irregular schedule (not back to back courses). Schedule of shift is employee choice.
school
Advanced Welding Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 26, 2016
this is a tech school I learned how to weld and became certified unlimited welder and finished with a 4.0 gpa but they were only concerned with attendance
Pros
learning
Cons
all they care about is making money off the students
Productive and fun enviroment!!!
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 24, 2016
Working at WTC changed my life !!! I have become a better version of me... It's hard work, but it makes you grow so much at a personal level.
great place to work
Sustainability Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 28, 2016
i learned a lot in relation to what I was attending school for. Worked in a great environment, with a lot of personal freedom
Review
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I would not recommend them as an employer. I would not accept an offer from this company. The are not managed in the best interest of the student's. I have no opinion
Cons
Western College is great institution has all type of program that can change peoples lives and there families .
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2016
Western Technical College started operation on 1/1/1970, and since that time has expanded both in size and enrollment. And been in business for 46 years and is accreditation approval by ACCSC. My family member have attend WTC and done very well in there chosen careers. To help prospect to find the program that would best fix for them in and done in the ethical way, and learned to listen. And provide all students with a school catalog. The job was very rewarding and always got alone with my co-worker.The hardest part to qualify and recommended prospective for acceptance. The most enjoyable part of my job is to change peoples lives.
Pros
Changes peoples lives for many year's and to see them graduate and succeed in there chosen careers.
Cons
No raises were given with your performance.