Western Technical College Employee Reviews

Western College is great institution has all type of program that can change peoples lives and there families .
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2016
Western Technical College started operation on 1/1/1970, and since that time has expanded both in size and enrollment. And been in business for 46 years and is accreditation approval by ACCSC. My family member have attend WTC and done very well in there chosen careers. To help prospect to find the program that would best fix for them in and done in the ethical way, and learned to listen. And provide all students with a school catalog. The job was very rewarding and always got alone with my co-worker.The hardest part to qualify and recommended prospective for acceptance. The most enjoyable part of my job is to change peoples lives.
Pros
Changes peoples lives for many year's and to see them graduate and succeed in there chosen careers.
Cons
No raises were given with your performance.
Wtc gen ed
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2016
See first review. Second submission is required to submit resume on this site. Pay is great. Management has change. Irregular schedule (not back to back courses). Schedule of shift is employee choice.
school
Advanced Welding Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 26, 2016
this is a tech school I learned how to weld and became certified unlimited welder and finished with a 4.0 gpa but they were only concerned with attendance
Pros
learning
Cons
all they care about is making money off the students
Productive and fun enviroment!!!
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 24, 2016
Working at WTC changed my life !!! I have become a better version of me... It's hard work, but it makes you grow so much at a personal level.
Review
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I would not recommend them as an employer. I would not accept an offer from this company. The are not managed in the best interest of the student's. I have no opinion
great place to work
Sustainability Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 28, 2016
i learned a lot in relation to what I was attending school for. Worked in a great environment, with a lot of personal freedom
IT Technician
Information Technology/Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 9, 2016
Troubleshoot and maintain students, faculty and staff electronics

Camera system, web controller, switches, routers etc...

Good

great team

Not enough time to complete projects sometimes.

Always learning something new.
Wonderful Management
Tutor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 9, 2016
Very helpful supervisors and a nice environment. Compensation is low, but scheduling is very flexible. I'm not sure why 20 words are required for this.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
minimal pay
Productive, challenging, and fun workplace while teaching students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Every day had to be on your toes to be able to deal with students or administration work. This job has taught me how to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner. The most difficult part was having to keep organized and teach 3 different courses with 54 students and still having to do the administration work at the same time. Even though this was one of my biggest challenges it was one of the most fun and rewarding to see how the students have grown mentally and matured. When they passed their MBLEX exam and reached their goals in also becoming a Massage Therapist is the best reward and instructor can feel.
Pros
It is never a dull moment and always leaning and growing as a person and a Massage Therapist.
Cons
Putting in many extra hours to finish grading or unfinished administrative paper work.
fun place to work
Server, Student Manager (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 18, 2014
Daily I set up and tear down events, communicate with those who have events and the catering department to ensure quality of food and service. My co-workers are students so they come and go every semester.The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I get to meet. The management is very professional and work with my schedule.
Pros
great place to learn and the people are great
Cons
no benefits and I can not get a higher wage because I am a student
Very great place to work.
Electronics Engineering Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 14, 2015
Great job teaching adult students and military. Management was very supportive and co-workers were great, learned a lot from them. Working a split shift was very hard. The pay off was watching my students graduate and start working.
Pros
worked with very qualified instructors.
The ability to teach the knowledge I've gained in my life experiences to others
automotive instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 22, 2014
A day at work would start at 8am to ensure students will be in class on time and be ready start lecture in a certain phase will be in. I will engage the students in the curriculum and the understanding of the material I'm lecturing on. Then from there we will go into lab to then demonstrate hands on training on the material we reviewed over in class making sure they grasp the concept of the material.
Pros
Being privileged to work with a great team in helping other pursue career opportunities in life
Cons
Wanting to go back into the field
Change their minds a lot
Head Hemodialysis Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 11, 2014
Co workers are great. Its just that when management says something they never fallow through with it. Students start to look at you crazy because when I fallow the hand book up heads change their minds overriding me making me look dumb.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Lack of managment
Micromanagement Issues and Salary Deficiencies
Internship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasMarch 26, 2015
The company is run very inefficiently and salaries are below expectations for the level of expertese of staff and faculty.
Pros
Helping students succeed
Cons
Management has very low regard for its employees
A different point of view in the massage field
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2013
The management was great. The hardest part of the job was to get the students engaged in the learning process. The most enjoyable part of the job was passing on knowledge as well as gaining knowledge.
Great People
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 1, 2015
Loved the people and the environment, It was like working for a family and felt very welcome! The work was very enjoyable
Worst place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  el paso txApril 8, 2014
Not a good place to work.....Management is the worst. The don't care about the students. Money is the only thing they care. To much money to attend school and the they don't provided good education.
rewarding and great management team
Textbook Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La crosse, wisconsinSeptember 17, 2015
provide customer service to students at western technical college. Assist them in finding textbooks need for the semester. handing money at the register for purchase of textbooks. accessing student account to charge textbook on accounts
Work-Study Position
Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 20, 2012
As a work study allowed to complete class work while also earning a paycheck was very beneficial to me as a student. I got to learn many things about trouble shooting and working my way through technical problems. Everyone I worked with was friendly even when it was obvious some of us had 2 opposing political view points. Nothing was too hard about the job. The most enjoyable was getting to work with everyone
Pros
laid back, easy to learn new tasks
Cons
could only work 10 hours a week
Good place to learn a occupation
Tool Room Assisant (Former Employee) –  El paso,TxFebruary 26, 2012
Showing New students how to braze pipes together and other parts of the refrigeration feild was fun and kept me inform with all the changes in the industories, the pay was low ,the equipment was in very good shape and that is how i kept them , ordering parts gave me the practice on that part of the job.I also kept the lab area clean at all time.
Pros
you get to meet some nice people
Cons
the pay not so grat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

Western Technical College Reviews by Location