Western Union Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for!
AML Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 16, 2016
Global industry leader. Very innovative. Offers advancement opportunities within. Great benefit package.
fun fast paced atmosphere
lead cash controller (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMay 30, 2016
high paced atmosphere
ability to multi task is a must
great customer service
meet and greet new faces every day
family atmosphere
Pros
partner incentives, free lunches, holiday parties
Cons
low pay for the level of responsibility
Had a lot of Changes in our department
Research and Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 26, 2016
Worked with 30 people in our AML department- directly.
Had a close family feel. Everyone in our department had been there for at least 5 years together. Our department had a lot of changes going on all of the time.
Pros
great location
Cons
Great work environment, fosters both teamwork and personal growth
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 9, 2016
Great work environment, fosters both teamwork and personal growth.
Western Union is a firm believer in treating their employees with respect and also believes in giving back to the local communities.
execellent place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2016
Great environment everyone was always in a good mood laughing when ever customer came in they felt welcome because they felt the positve even when customers were rude we always looked for the good side and they left hapy.
Relaxed environment and independent work; lacks advancement opportunity
Senior Specialist, AML Compliance (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 17, 2016
Make your own schedule as long as you're in between 6 and 9am and work your 8 hours.

I learned a good amount on SAR reporting and AML/Compliance

Management is comprised of good people but poor managers who don't understand the job of those they are managing.

Co-workers are friendly but if you essentially get in good with your boss, you'll get promoted and more assistance, even if you aren't the most capable performer.

Hardest part of the job is the boredom that comes with it considering I am qualified for a job that could provide me with an actual challenge but am not recognized for the skills I possess.

I like to make my own schedule so the work/life balance here is actually very good.
Pros
Make your own schedule, good work/life balance
Cons
Poor management, office politics, wrong people are rewarded
excellent work place.
Software Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 13, 2016
Great Company. Willing to help out through school and work alone side schedule. Was able to get a lot of experience in retail as well as the supervisor experience.I Have nothing negative to say about the company but unable to move up because didn't have experience as a stocker which in many situations only men were hired
Innovative in achieving financial investing
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2016
Very good at investigating and researching different approaches to handle financial transfers.

Operating 24/7 365 days a year ensuring world economy is moving and being monitored.
Pros
Always watching for monetary pitfalls to resolve
Cons
Subject Matter Experts witholding information from mamagement
Productive and fun place with ping pong table
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJMarch 2, 2016
Productive and fun place with ping pong table.
Good work-life balance.
Working from home (sometimes) is an available option
Accounting great place to work with balance, but Customer Service had little away from desk time and variable hours
Customer Service Representative/ Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 20, 2016
I would work here again in a heart beat, but when it was all said and done it was a paycheck and there were perks like free lunch one day a month. The people were what really made it worth it.
Able to switch positions
Office Assistant/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 30, 2015
I felt happy to help customers who wanted to send money back home to their family or helping elders pay their electricity bills because they refused to call on the phone or go online. Keeping track of all the files was a challenging task, it was me against an incredible amount. I was able to explore other areas within the company.
Pros
Able to explore other positions
Cons
understaffed
productive
J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2015
After beginning a career in this ,I realized thaty what i loved and determined it was time for a major career transition.
Family working team
Refund Money Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 23, 2015
If it was not for both jobs being out sourced over seas I would still be there. Management and the people that I worked with was the best.
Pros
We as a department did a lot of fun things together
Cons
None that I remember of..
fun,
Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 10, 2015
cashing checks, sending money, issuing money orders.
dealing with customers.......and banks
learning new ways and new people
Productive and stive for customer first
Cultural Council Member (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 5, 2015
Smiths Food and Drug is family oriented and a great place to start a job. We strive for customer first and employee friendliness
Pros
Benifits
Learned alot
Fraud Detection Associate (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJNovember 2, 2015
Office environment was great, same for my coworkers and management. Hardest part of the job were the hours, and certainly no holidays off or paid overtime. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years hours were the same from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Monday-Sunday same hours. No sick days, personal days, or vacation.
Great company to work for ; they help you built a carreer.
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 26, 2015
This organization provides you the right tools to perform your best, form Preparing proposals and presenting New Agents Contract, cross selling the entire portfolio of products of Western Union, to review of current agent’s contracts and implementation of co branded sales marketing plans for large and regional networks there is always a mentoring support culture in this company.
Pros
The connections that you obtain thru them.
Cons
Pay scale.
Stressful and high pace environment
KYC Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver ColoradoOctober 12, 2015
While the work setting is comfortable there are challenges with completing daily work functions efficiently.

It is hard to believe a company that moves so much money globally has deficiencies with daily work applications that move slower than a snail.

Management is more focused on meeting targeted revenues than coaching and building better employees and work tools.

Unfortunately often the customer service experience is sacrificed.
Pros
Challenging work environment.
Cons
Terrible systems and daily work applications.
N/a
Remote Senior Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2015
Fun place to work for if you enjoy the retail industry. There is no so much of career growth opportunities for the employees.
Payment Verification
Associate Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 29, 2015
• Using the VMS system in the CCT network, ensure that all transactions processed accurately using compliance documents, job tools, and technology resources
• Ensure all payment deadlines are met on a daily basis
• Manage discrepancies by communicating using Salesforce to internal and external partners
• Communicate with regional offices to update banking information and ensure the accuracy of questionable
• Use internal and external resources such as GPlus, Accuity, TGBR, Bankers Almanac, and APACs to validate and seek out information needed to process payments in correct format
• Verify repurchase and close cases for Investigations
• Set up, activate and update beneficiary information from our Clients, CRM’s Legal IP, and Sales for North America and regions in Europe such as France, Switzerland, and Poland in the CISBene, GPlus and Portal systems
• Scrub and format beneficiary upload files preparing them for uploading into CCT
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Insufficient room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Union. Our community is ready to answer.