Western Union Employee Reviews

All about work
Sales (Former Employee), USAAugust 5, 2015
Top 500 fortune, where your skills will be put to test.
Professional and business like minded co-workers.
Management does Its best to help you reach your quota , managers are also under a quota so there is a high pressure ( stress ) daily.
Independent sales is a lonely position, only saw co-workers once a year, company mentality steered us against each other as we competed against each other.
Enjoyed the independence, be able to set my schedule and the satisfaction to reach my sales goals.
something quiet.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 3, 2015
most of the time had to pass making payments and having money to make deposits to newspapers when he was not busy I was in charge of organizing some calling cards organize metro-card simple things was never a difficult job my other co-workers were humble people and very positive were never involved in any money problems or problems with clients always did the right thing as commanding the regulation.
Great place for new job seekers.
Teller (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 30, 2015
This company was great for offering positions to new job seekers. The environment was friendly and the staff was really exciting. Easy to learn the tasks and fast paced.
Productive, fast -paced environment with executive staff and board members
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Englewood, COJuly 11, 2015
I managed the board calendar for the parent company and 5 entities. It was not always easy to get 10 board members and a CEO on the same page for meetings or conference calls, but the most enjoyable part was that I managed to get it done. At the same time finding a suitable time for all involved was the hardest part of my duties. I established rapport with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
Progressive culture, happy hours, activities and lots of career opportunities
Full Stack JavaScript Developer (Current Employee), sfoJune 19, 2015
Working with Western Union has been memorable and fascinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. In all aspects it's a great company!
I was planning to learn lot of things but their were some obligations between seniors.
Quality Analyst & Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Security and salary
Cons: Management, Job culture.
I was planning to learn lot of things from this comapny because of the client is one of the biggest client in USA. But the management were not up to the mark.
Challenging place to work. Always learning new things.
PARALEGAL (Former Employee), Englewood, ColoradoJune 9, 2015
Pros: Gym with personal trainers, team building activities
Cons: Short breaks.
Western Union is a well established company to work for and great benefits. Many employees have lasted over 20 years. Enjoyable place to work with lots of activities.
Good working with other consultants
Compliance Processor (Former Employee), EnglewoodMay 24, 2015
Pros: Time off for lunch and breaks.
Cons: Team Lead and lack of training
Working with other consultants was a good working environment because I could ask others for assistance if I needed assistance as we were all striving to become full time employees while we were consultants. The full time Team Lead did not give any assistance in training and retaliated when her actions towards consultants when her behavior was addressed to management leading to the termination to my contract. The Team Leads lack of professionalism and young age in a corporate environment made working for this company difficult to work for.
productive
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Union, NJMay 19, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Cares about it's employees
Fraud Risk Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: n/a
Western Union is a very success driven company. The company and management are very devoted to their employees work/life balance.
Wonderful place to work
Systems Administrator, Desktop Support (Former Employee), Montvale, NJApril 3, 2015
Wonderful place to work, established company, great place to grow as a developer (but I worked in Desktop Support), relaxed atmosphere, built in cafe
Nice setting
Cashier (Former Employee), Mableton, GAApril 3, 2015
While employed at Western Union I applied superior multi-tasking techniques to assist customers by sending and receiving funds, issuing money orders, cashing checks and answering all questions regarding business procedures and policies in a professional and courteous manner.
Adjustable work place
Agent / Lotto (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: rarely any breaks
Depending on the day and the hour. A day at work can be chaotic one day and real slow on other days. We have to make sure we keep our cool and have maximum patience to get through the day smoothly. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting through it without coming out short on money. Due to the fact that there are many tasks to get by, but once you get used to the fast pace it is good.
WU Experience
Technical Lead iOS (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2015
Very good work culture. Learned lot of new ideas in iOS and Cross platform mobile application. Work culture is very good and friendly co-workers.
Excellent company to work with
AML Senior Compliance Officer (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 3, 2015
Manage AML global policies and procedures.
-Manage AML global risk assessment program.
-Support business development teams as they develop and / or change existing and new products and services. This includes oversight for global business development standards related to AML.
-Partner with product teams to build AML internal controls into products.
-Developed and implemented Quality Assurance program for regulatory reporting (SARs, CTRs, and other international reports).
-Partnered with Western Union's key Agents / clients to build AML compliance programs. Many are Fortune 500 companies.
-Provided AML training to WU's key clients and internal staff.
Best job I have ever had.....so far!
ACR/AAD CSR (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: best job i have had so far.
Cons: fdc purchase of wu---not good at all.
Worked at WU for 15 years.
Managerment during my first 7 years were fantastic.
Treat employees like human beings, and complimented them on jobs well done.
Had fantastic benefits, and a graded payment systems based on experience, skill, and initiative.
Allowed employees to take college classes to further their job advancement!
Fellow employees were delightful!

In thinking back, the only hard part of the job was general public customers with the attitude that they know everything! Many did not listen, which is okay. They are mature humans who can decide for themselves.
However, if things did not go the way they wanted, they would blame the company. Even after we discussed with them the possible outcomes of each scenario. Oh well...... they will learn.

Then in the middle of my 15 year tenure, company was purchased by FDC of Colorado. Wrong decision----WU went down hill from the moment of their ownership.
Their are no words
Senior Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
I cant say much because I still cant understand the ludicrousness from start to end. it was a sloppy hiring initiation, and i had a bad feeling and sure enough you should listen to your gut. Starting from pre-interview to now it has been a decision I wish i could erase from my mind. But you live and you take the negatives to make future positives.
Great workplace, great people.
Agent Support Services (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: healthcare, 401k
Cons: high stress, crowded work enviroment
My day at work consisted of assisting Western Union agents via the
telephone with money transfer errors such as correcting a sender,
receive name or a refund to sender or agent location. Assuring exceptional customer service skills and detail oriented.

Hardest part of the job was keeping the very busy agents that had a long line of customers in front of them and keeping them calm
while quickly resolving their errors.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping the agents correct their issues and have the hang up the call with much appreciation and gratitude for your assistance.
customer service
Staff and inventory coordinator (Former Employee), lebanonFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: low salary
making transactions for people who want to send or receive money worldwide
making sure that customers are acknowledged about how the system works
Good company.
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: management.
Good company, sometime they forget about their employees.