Western University of Health Sciences Employee Reviews

great place to work
Echo Technician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 11, 2016
I really like working at Western University. I have been treated with respect and have learned so much.
The cardiovascular department is closing because not enough revenue was brought in.
Therefor I must find another job.
Pros
Really good benefits.
Cons
My department is closing.
Good employee benefits
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 25, 2016
a typical work day includes processing and assisting students with their financial aid requirements.
I have gained strong organizational skills and experience in the development and implementation of policy and procedures for all types of federal and institutional aid.
I have a diverse office where co-workers bring specific skills sets that help the team as a whole.
The hardest part of the job is the long hours required during key processing time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting students
Pros
Learning opportunities and personal development
Worst job ever!
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 12, 2016
Run, do not walk away from Western University of Health Sciences. The president of WUHS is a scum bag liar. He and his witch of a wife have been accused of embezzling money from their personal little university.
Pros
Toss gobs of money at you because most smart people would never be stupid enough to work there
Cons
Terrible management. Total liars.
Overall good place to work but some questionable hires in management
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 9, 2012
Not a bad place to work - money's good, paid time off is exceptional, benefits are average to above average.

Most of the people are nice, and enthusiastic about what they do. But a few of the "higher-ups" around Dean/Chairman level are terrible managers, either because of incompetence or people skills that would make an autistic look like an expert politician. Problem is that they are in the positions of power in the school, so it's sometimes hard to avoid dealing with them. School politics aren't bad at lower levels, though, and faculty genuinely seem to want to work together (or at the very least don't actively sabotage other faculty). Human resources seems a bit disorganized, too, and faculty support services (purchasing, facilities) can be slow at times, but overall they're not much worse than other uni's I've worked in.
Good work/life balance, stable and secure
Operations Associate/Simulation Technician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 26, 2015
Stress free environment, comfortable workspace accommodated w/office essentials to help promote work efficiency. Friendly team oriented environment. Lacks managerial support and consistency for growth and development. Enjoy the diversity of the job and the schedule flexibility and paid vacation benefits.
Pros
Paid holiday vacation
Cons
growth and development
It was a wonderful experiece
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ClinicJuly 30, 2015
I loved it. For my job it was a little slow at times but overall it was a great experience. If I lived closer I would've definitely stayed loved the doctors and my co workers. Students were always a pleasure.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Medical benefits were terrible
Great Vision
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 16, 2012
The Campus as a whole is up and coming. They are considered a leader in the DO field. There are areas of promise , better professional development, advancement opportunities and salary could be adjusted.
Pros
met with students and learned much about the process
Cons
rundown building and limited possibility for advancement
Productive work day. Moderate to heavy work load
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day is just like any other school. Transcript processing, filing, data entry are just a few of the daily responsibilities. The environment is organized, and coworkers are helpful.
It was a fun place to work/ Had the Christmas holidays off w/pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 1, 2015
Western University of Health Sciences, it a great school, for the medical field, getting great doctors and PA's out in the field
Pros
2 weeks paid, not even your vacation
Cons
some bad management
Excellent
Clinical Rotation's Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 18, 2015
Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) see patients, prescribe medications, perform surgeries, and deliver babies in hospitals, medical centers, and offices across the United States and overseas. Whether they are primary care providers or specialists, DOs use all the standard tools of modern medicine, but also have additional therapeutic modalities with which to care for their patients.
Awful
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 6, 2013
Was worked to death and upper management would laugh at me. Learned absolutely nothing here. Other people quit, high turn around. Some people were great, others were horrid. One person would leave all the money collected from the entire week on their desk for all to see and steal. Awful training, one other person did nothing but surf the internet 8 hours a day and even forgot how to do things after I started. Neighborhood sketchy in bad part of town.
Formulation Research in collaboration with Pharmaceutical industries
Post Doctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 16, 2012
I am involved in lab management, designing prototype batches, proliposomal formulations, supervuising MS students, scae up of batches, communication with Regulatory consusltants & clients for timely compeltion of projects
Productive and innovative company
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 15, 2014
Great place to work, flexible timings and right management, lot of scope for personal and professional enhancement
Creative Work Environment with true talents
Multimedia Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 9, 2012
I get to do creative work in medical photography and graphic design. I also get to work with medical professinnals who give me great projects like developing medical illustrations. I also get to project manage 3D animation and videography shoots.
Pros
2 weeks off in december (paid)
Cons
on call 7x24
Never routine
Website Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 24, 2013
Compliling all of the daily requirements of trying to get the store in running order as retail is never routine. Daily cash reports, recieving and shipping online orders, stocking clothing, answering phones, and online iquiries.
Very enjoyable people and place to work.
Mailroom Clerk/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJanuary 8, 2013
I enjoy working with a very supportive staff.
They are very easy going and fun to work with.
Family type enviroment here at Western University of COMP-NW
Pros
pool table, ping pong, bbq's
Cons
part time
Great work culture, good institute to work for
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 26, 2014
Responsive staff and supervisors

Balanced work and life

Many areas to explore and get engaged to gain additional experience
Great place to work and study
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 4, 2012
Did my master's in neuropharmacology, was a research and teaching assistant. Great professors. Good school.
Pros
good place to work, helpful and friendly staff
Nice Place
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pomona CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2014
good learning working conditions, lots of good things happening
Pros
working conditions
Fast Pace
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 19, 2012
Very fast paced and keeps you on your toes. Meeting different stidents in various departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western University of Health Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

Western University of Health Sciences Reviews by Location