Western Washington University Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
Student Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 19, 2017
I could get work done with no worries to time constrictions, as long as I got it done of course - and I did. They trusted me and listened when I had things to say. There were good, helpful coworkers and the supervisor helped whenever she could.
Pros
good coworkers, flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons
sometimes stressful, no benefits
I had a great experience working with my professors
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 10, 2017
Working as an unpaid research assistant has its ups and downs. You have complete control over your schedule and can get work done where ever and whenever you like.
Fun and flexible place to work for students.
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 22, 2017
Organizing inventory, acting as a liaison between Viking Union departments, and educating visitors and students about Westerns Washington University's campus resources, events, and etc. Work teams are generally small to moderate size and employee relationships are casual and easy going.
Pros
Works around a student schedule
Cons
low pay
balanced and productive
Student Lead, The Teaching-Learning Academy (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 21, 2017
It was a great place to work. it required a lot of leadership and public speaking skills. They allow time for work/student life balance. I would highly reccomend working for western
A nice place to work
Public Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 13, 2017
It was fun and uplifting but there is no reason I need to make a review of it as it was just a temporary college position. It is not like someone who goes to Western is going to be looking for reviews on this job.
Learn Physics while Teaching
Physics Department Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 7, 2017
The Physics department provided the opportunity to teach lab sections to its undergraduate majors. The majors also staffed the help room and tutored students in the physics classes. This was a great way to solidify an understanding of concepts while also helping others learn. It was a fun job full of learning opportunities and challenges.
Overall Fun College Work Place
Student Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 17, 2017
Job provided the ability to manage a work-life experience. Position included setting up new labs and moving from one building to another. Easy to familiarize with a wide range of equipment.
Good positions poor management
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 20, 2017
The position is good and comes with good benefits, however management from university administration is deplorable. Criticism is never met well and workplace conflicts are brushed under to provide a good university image.
great job
Radio Station Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 19, 2017
i had so much learning the small tips and tricks on how to manage office organizations, set up meetings, and set up shop expenses and travel expenses.
Pros
great flexible hours, staff who nurture you and listening to all the music you want to.
Cons
short hours worked which required working more unpaid hours.
Supporting Staff made Research Great
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAMay 21, 2017
As a student researcher at WWU, I was constantly learning through the devotion of supporting staff. Without the help of multiple staff members, including my mentor, I would not have produced as good of a product as I did.
Great place to be.
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 13, 2017
Western is a wonderful campus. Working with their student-athletes as a grad assistant was a great experience. The opportunity for advancement was not available during my time of employment. Great place, great athletics department.
Nice campus
Lab Manager / Language & Neural Systems Lab (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 11, 2017
Lots of art installations across campus, not too competitive, relaxing and fun place to spend your working time. I was a student employee, so that explains lack of benefits
Academic Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 6, 2017
On your feet, helping and assisting students with science coursework. Fairly relaxed. Customer service is a secondary focus but of the job but very important to the function of the position.
Great place to work on-campus for Students
Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 23, 2017
Western has job opportunities for many of the students living on and off campus. They are very flexible since there are plenty of students working on campus. They do, however, require students to reapply for their positions if they wish to stay in their current job positions for the next school year. Overall a great place to start if you're looking to make some extra money while at school.
Pros
Flexible work hours and friendsly work staff.
Cons
Can only work a max of 19 hours a week if you're a student.
Productive and fun environment
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 20, 2017
Overall, the idea of working as a parking enforcement officer isn't the greatest. I personally love it and my coworkers are amazing and very helpful, my boss is also the best i've had. People obviously dislike receiving citations but its a job with decent hours and pay for me being a college student.
Flexible management
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 2, 2017
The professors are very flexible and willing to work around your school schedule. you get to spend time in the lab and are able to work on your projects during down time.
Pros
Work on your own time
Wonderful
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 2, 2017
Beautiful campus, engaged teachers that facilitate wonderful classes. Being on a trimester schedule can be hard, but it's worth it. I would recommend Western to anyone who wants a place to explore what they want to be when they grow up.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 13, 2016
Was able to make my own schedule, relaxed environment, great experience. Learned a lot about statistical analysis and had great co-workers.
Great Place of Work
Grounds Keeper (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 15, 2016
Self-directed summer landscaping projects including pressure washing, debris clean-up, and planting ornate garden pieces; working under a deadline for the start of a new school year.
Innovative and imaginative environment for advanced learning
ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 10, 2016
Western's Graduate program provides advanced education in my field of study. The work as a TA is flexible and challenging while providing ample opportunity for individual exploration.