Western Washington University Employee Reviews

Overall Fun College Work Place
Student Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 17, 2017
Job provided the ability to manage a work-life experience. Position included setting up new labs and moving from one building to another. Easy to familiarize with a wide range of equipment.
Good positions poor management
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 20, 2017
The position is good and comes with good benefits, however management from university administration is deplorable. Criticism is never met well and workplace conflicts are brushed under to provide a good university image.
great job
Radio Station Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 19, 2017
i had so much learning the small tips and tricks on how to manage office organizations, set up meetings, and set up shop expenses and travel expenses.
Pros
great flexible hours, staff who nurture you and listening to all the music you want to.
Cons
short hours worked which required working more unpaid hours.
Supporting Staff made Research Great
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAMay 21, 2017
As a student researcher at WWU, I was constantly learning through the devotion of supporting staff. Without the help of multiple staff members, including my mentor, I would not have produced as good of a product as I did.
Great place to be.
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 13, 2017
Western is a wonderful campus. Working with their student-athletes as a grad assistant was a great experience. The opportunity for advancement was not available during my time of employment. Great place, great athletics department.
Nice campus
Lab Manager / Language & Neural Systems Lab (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 11, 2017
Lots of art installations across campus, not too competitive, relaxing and fun place to spend your working time. I was a student employee, so that explains lack of benefits
Academic Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 6, 2017
On your feet, helping and assisting students with science coursework. Fairly relaxed. Customer service is a secondary focus but of the job but very important to the function of the position.
Great place to work on-campus for Students
Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 23, 2017
Western has job opportunities for many of the students living on and off campus. They are very flexible since there are plenty of students working on campus. They do, however, require students to reapply for their positions if they wish to stay in their current job positions for the next school year. Overall a great place to start if you're looking to make some extra money while at school.
Pros
Flexible work hours and friendsly work staff.
Cons
Can only work a max of 19 hours a week if you're a student.
Productive and fun environment
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 20, 2017
Overall, the idea of working as a parking enforcement officer isn't the greatest. I personally love it and my coworkers are amazing and very helpful, my boss is also the best i've had. People obviously dislike receiving citations but its a job with decent hours and pay for me being a college student.
Flexible management
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 2, 2017
The professors are very flexible and willing to work around your school schedule. you get to spend time in the lab and are able to work on your projects during down time.
Pros
Work on your own time
Wonderful
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 2, 2017
Beautiful campus, engaged teachers that facilitate wonderful classes. Being on a trimester schedule can be hard, but it's worth it. I would recommend Western to anyone who wants a place to explore what they want to be when they grow up.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 13, 2016
Was able to make my own schedule, relaxed environment, great experience. Learned a lot about statistical analysis and had great co-workers.
Great Place of Work
Grounds Keeper (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 15, 2016
Self-directed summer landscaping projects including pressure washing, debris clean-up, and planting ornate garden pieces; working under a deadline for the start of a new school year.
Innovative and imaginative environment for advanced learning
ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 10, 2016
Western's Graduate program provides advanced education in my field of study. The work as a TA is flexible and challenging while providing ample opportunity for individual exploration.
Enjoyable Work Environment
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 27, 2016
Loved this part-time because it provided the opportunity to gain valuable work experience with donors and alumni while maintaining my status as a student.
n/a
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 24, 2016
It was a one week temporary summer job in which I supervised children during their use of computer lab equipment and helped them learn to use computers and beginner video game programing software.
A student worker
Summer Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 9, 2016
Working for Western Washington University would probably be my longest I've work since I began my work experiences in high school. I had two different jobs: a faculty assistant and summer custodian. I enjoyed them and learn some valuable things. Particularly I learned a lot about getting along with your co-workers and working under pressure. As a faculty assistant, I enjoyed working in the Fine Arts department and seeing student works. As a summer custodian, it was definitely a different environment. The hardest part about this job was the sheer amount of things needed to be done, particularly when incoming students come for orientation. Overall, I enjoyed most of my time as both a student and worker at Western Washington University.
Exciting and professional workplace to grow.
Choral Librarian (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 20, 2015
Working at Western I was able to professionally grow in my workplace as well as in my classes. In my day at work I was able to learn about communicating professionally verbally and through writing. I also learned valuable experience in scheduling events, technical writing and coworker collaboration. All in all this is a great place to work as a student of Western.
interesting research with good co-workers
Research Assistant, Chemistry Education (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 27, 2015
As an unpaid intern, I helped my professor with her research while I wasn't at class. Usually I would go to class in the morning, then afterwards go into the lab to analyze data. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment I got as we progressed in our research.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
unpaid
Fun and great place to work for a student
Undergraduate Research Assistant/Student (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 21, 2015
Working for the Physics and Astronomoy department was great. I was also a student in the major and learned a lot about the registration process, degree coursework, and general physics knowledge that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise.

The workload is very minimal and casual. Helping organize paperwork, handling incoming mail, and working on office project makes up most of the day-to-day responsibilities. You'll often have time to work on your assignments for class.

Great supervisor and department staff.
Pros
Easy, stressfree, good atmosphere for a student, extremely flexible schedule
Cons
Low compensation, not a lot of responsibilities