Westfield Corporation Employee Reviews

Work experiance
Senior IT Director (Former Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 9, 2015
Very challenging environment. No senior leadership. Lots of turnover. Lack of vision, direction or commitment to employees.
Work here if you enjoy office politics
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAJuly 8, 2015
The company is known for its out of control turnover. Many people stick around for less than a year mainly because they are highly educated and have the professional experience to seek better opportunities. It doesn't take too long to learn that there's a culture of throwing people under the bus and constant scapegoating. Restructuring is currently underway and will only make things worse for current employees.
Still Evolving
Employee (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Still growing to meet and understanding the benefits of technology in their overall business strategies for success. Lots of talented employees all striving to produce and assist Westfield as they continue their transformation.
Pros
great location, great employees, progressing
Cons
culture changing, moving targets, silos
It was different
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  WheatonOctober 24, 2014
Since I was the Administrative Assistant, my typical day consisted of walking the Mall (3) three times a day to check on tenants to be sure they were in compliance with rules and regulations as far as opening/closing, attire, etc...
I was responsible for putting together leases, taking rent payments, sending out letters etc.
As much as I like the mall, it was not my dream job. Although I enjoyed the people I worked with, I was not crazy about dealing with irrate tenants when they didn't follow rules and regulations and you had to confront them.
I did however enjoy the holidays because it was always so cheery and I was in charge of dressing the empty Kiosk Carts.
Challenging work environment
Senior Server Engineer - Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAOctober 17, 2014
It is a demanding environment with rapidly changing priorities
Pros
exposure to many different technologies
Cons
understaffed
Westfield Review
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Great environment to work in, employees in department didn't work as a team. All individually driven which lead to a high turnover rate for IT department which was ran lousy and unorganized.
Pros
competitive rates, nice environment
Cons
405 commute from long beach, horrible and no team players (lazy)
Productive and fun environment
Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Busy, productive with a great team of co-workers and end users that tend to work with a great attitude and a smile on their face.
Pros
friday socials
Cons
commute (405) north
Good Company to Work For
Lease Abstractor & Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2013
Good Company to work for. Learned a lot but deadlines can be tight
Fun place to work. High ideals shared by everyone. High productivitay
Regional Director of Design (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesSeptember 12, 2012
Meet colleagues by phone, talk conceptually. Discuss deliverables and deadlines. Meet with senior mngmt re progress of individual projects.
What I learned: squeekiest gear gets greased. Be assertive of your needs and you will accomplish much. Identify key players and be on their radar.
Management has it's own needs. Meet them. Word hard, but also play hard.
Coworkers are great at what they do. Very motivated. Very talented. Some could be insecure because of titles. Manage their insecurities for your own good.
Goals are moving targets. There are never a shortage of expectations to accomplished. Seek that goal that you can accomplish, do as best a job you can, inspire excellence with coworkers and colleagues, go home and get you rest, reward and sleep.
Travel and meeting people are the most enjoyable part. Taking ownership of projects is its own reward.
Pros
great pay. free lunches. good company.
Cons
gruelling schedules. vaguely defined goals. shortage of talent.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Westfield Corporation. I feel that my talents and services were appreciated and ackowledged.
Project Controls Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaMarch 12, 2012
I actively contributed to the success of Westfield Corporations design and construction divisions. I acted in behalf of the Owner in coordinating the deisng, construction, development and tenant coordination components of the company. I reallyi enjoyed the responsibility of making the difference and carefully coordinatting the efforts of professional people that wanted to get the job done.
Pros
professional atmosphere