Westfield Insurance Employee Reviews

Good place
various I.T. roles (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHAugust 1, 2017
Started in '81 when the environment was old-school. Loved it then. Changed a lot as new executives entered their roles, but still a well respected company, in my eyes.
fun and nice clean workplace
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJuly 7, 2017
I like work out at Westfield Insurance because the people there are nice it good to work there . But I am looking for more hours there and that can't give me that .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short break
Very rewarding company to work for
All housekeeping duties at the Westfield Inn owned (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJune 13, 2017
Very rewarding employment .Beautiful building. Everyone takes pride in their work. Very organized crew. Daily meeting to plan the day. Days can be very busy but end of the day result makes you very proud of your work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hours change with the season for part time employees.
Great place to work!
Corporate Dining Leader at Home Office (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJune 7, 2017
I enjoy working with people and believe in good customer service at which Westfield was a great fit for me. Westfield is all about what is best for the customer and they are great to their employees. They have great training programs and leadership and helped me advance through my many years of service with that company.
Pros
Great company and people.
Productive, safe environment, room for advancement
Senior Account Examiner (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMay 29, 2017
I retired from this company with a pension, which I feel very fortunate about. The opportunity for advancement was always present. The training we received on the job was fantastic and I appreciated it more than most did.
Pros
Benefits, vacations, great cafeteria, golfing, country club
Cons
Overtime hours when exempt, busy times, stress, difficult co-workers
I great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 22, 2017
my typical day would be greeting clients and calling their social workers to let them know they have arrived for their meeting. The work place culture was very professional and busy.
Pros
They worked a 9/40 work week
Cons
no cons, as I was not there long enough
Great memories
Corporate Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. We had a family atmosphere. Pay was good for a seasonal job (country club). Do your job and everything will be fine. Could turn into a career
Pros
fun
Cons
changes
Great team orientated work invironment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 26, 2017
Excellent work environment. Positive Heath and wellness programs and atmosphere. Very focused on team building. Lots of employee incentives. Very involved the the community.
Pros
Strong Health and Wellness atmosphere
Cons
I can't think of any.
Great balance of technical skills and sales skills!
Middle Market Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHApril 10, 2017
Represented the company among a defined territory of agencies with responsibility for the production, retention and profit of mid-market commercial lines business utilizing the highest level of technical underwriting ability
Pros
Benefits, Management, Pay
Cons
Great cafeteria & bakery along with a gift shop
Senior Account Examiner (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 28, 2017
Dealing with agencies & customer's on the phone. Provided quotes to our agents & assisting insureds with any questions they may have about their insurance policies. A fast paced environment which makes time go fast. I feel the hardest part of the job is really trying to make everyone happy. I try to do the best to my ability to achieve this goal. I worked in a very friendly environment making it very easy to learn & work there. I enjoyed working there simply because I worked a very early shift of 7:00 am - 3:30pm daily, Monday - Friday.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Not really a con for me there as well
HR Benefits & Pension Administrator
Retirement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 22, 2017
Benefits Administration
New Hire Orientations
401K Administration
Productive and relax environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 3, 2017
Westfield was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about my work ethic and learned that I love my field. It's corporate culture is one of the best I have seen, and I loved working for this company.
Awesome Insurance Company
Underwriting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OH and Remote work at homeFebruary 11, 2017
This company is a refreshing change from the cold Corporate Stock Company mentality driven only by todays profits. This is a large company with massive financial resources but feels like a home town business.
This is my 4th Insurance company and by far the best. The management has always worked with me to have flexible time to care for aging parents. They care about people are reward good hard work. The people here are so positive and most have a true team spirit which feels great. I have found my permanent home.
Pros
Great culture that is respectful and encourages & supports individual growth.
Cons
Performance Pay (Bonus) is lower than my prior companies
Productive, great place to work.
Seasonal Grounds Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHNovember 16, 2016
Very full shifts, learned how to drive a manual transmission, as well as many other skills. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat, but the benefits were more than worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, weekly golf, fitness facility.
Cons
Excessive hours.
employer
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHOctober 27, 2016
i liked that company very much. i got very great regulations. i had a very good team. all my co worker are very co operative.i have a learnt a lot many things.
Most Desirable place to work
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHSeptember 18, 2016
My day to day typical work is related to coding using Apex. At the same time did so many creations of like pages, classes, objects.
My total team working on different applications implementation.
Nice place to work
Claims Service Representative FNSO (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Nice place to work, comfortable atmosphere. Most enjoyable thing about this company is flexible work times. Wonderful coworkers that are knowledgeable.
have fun and excutability
Build/ Devops Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJune 30, 2016
Worked with a complex environment on Red Hat Linux and Windows Servers while developing applications. we wrote many cookbooks to deploy applications on different environments.
its a good workplace and very good environment
ETL/Datastage Developer (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 1, 2016
i am trying to work in management level.
i am working in this company for Datastage Developer.
This company has a good working and co-relative nature to work with the colleagues.
Mainframe Developer
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 16, 2016
Working as a Mainframe Developer
Ablity to work at 24/7 and problem resolving.
Westfield is rally good company to work.