Westfield Insurance Employee Reviews

Great balance of technical skills and sales skills!
Middle Market Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHApril 10, 2017
Represented the company among a defined territory of agencies with responsibility for the production, retention and profit of mid-market commercial lines business utilizing the highest level of technical underwriting ability
Pros
Benefits, Management, Pay
Cons
Great cafeteria & bakery along with a gift shop
Senior Account Examiner (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 28, 2017
Dealing with agencies & customer's on the phone. Provided quotes to our agents & assisting insureds with any questions they may have about their insurance policies. A fast paced environment which makes time go fast. I feel the hardest part of the job is really trying to make everyone happy. I try to do the best to my ability to achieve this goal. I worked in a very friendly environment making it very easy to learn & work there. I enjoyed working there simply because I worked a very early shift of 7:00 am - 3:30pm daily, Monday - Friday.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Not really a con for me there as well
HR Benefits & Pension Administrator
Retirement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 22, 2017
Benefits Administration
New Hire Orientations
401K Administration
Productive and relax environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 3, 2017
Westfield was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about my work ethic and learned that I love my field. It's corporate culture is one of the best I have seen, and I loved working for this company.
Awesome Insurance Company
Underwriting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OH and Remote work at homeFebruary 11, 2017
This company is a refreshing change from the cold Corporate Stock Company mentality driven only by todays profits. This is a large company with massive financial resources but feels like a home town business.
This is my 4th Insurance company and by far the best. The management has always worked with me to have flexible time to care for aging parents. They care about people are reward good hard work. The people here are so positive and most have a true team spirit which feels great. I have found my permanent home.
Pros
Great culture that is respectful and encourages & supports individual growth.
Cons
Performance Pay (Bonus) is lower than my prior companies
Productive, great place to work.
Seasonal Grounds Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHNovember 16, 2016
Very full shifts, learned how to drive a manual transmission, as well as many other skills. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat, but the benefits were more than worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, weekly golf, fitness facility.
Cons
Excessive hours.
employer
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHOctober 27, 2016
i liked that company very much. i got very great regulations. i had a very good team. all my co worker are very co operative.i have a learnt a lot many things.
Most Desirable place to work
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHSeptember 18, 2016
My day to day typical work is related to coding using Apex. At the same time did so many creations of like pages, classes, objects.
My total team working on different applications implementation.
Nice place to work
Claims Service Representative FNSO (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Nice place to work, comfortable atmosphere. Most enjoyable thing about this company is flexible work times. Wonderful coworkers that are knowledgeable.
have fun and excutability
Build/ Devops Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJune 30, 2016
Worked with a complex environment on Red Hat Linux and Windows Servers while developing applications. we wrote many cookbooks to deploy applications on different environments.
its a good workplace and very good environment
ETL/Datastage Developer (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJune 1, 2016
i am trying to work in management level.
i am working in this company for Datastage Developer.
This company has a good working and co-relative nature to work with the colleagues.
Mainframe Developer
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 16, 2016
Working as a Mainframe Developer
Ablity to work at 24/7 and problem resolving.
Westfield is rally good company to work.
I believed the Westfield as a company and still do
Mail Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHApril 21, 2016
I really enjoyed my Leadership role at Westfield Insurance. I led a customer service team for 19 years. The best part was dealing with the 1300 employees ( not at the same time or even same day) on a yearly basis. My co-workers and I had a special bond. Even though I was also a friend I had respect as the Leader in the department. I lost respect for some management after they outsourced my department. I understand the economics of outsourcing but in this case it was hard to except. The hardest part was evaluations and getting outsourced. Not because I didn't want to do the evaluations it's how they wanted them done.
The best part of my job was knowing everyday I was going to be busy and solving someones issue..
Pros
great pay, great vacation schedule, close to home
Cons
outsourcing
Medical Review Analyst
Medical Bill Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHNovember 19, 2015
I learned the insurance side of Medical Coding by reviewing medical claims submitted to Worker Compensation for reimbursement. It certainly gave me a different perspective on coding.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Job was outsourced
Good Work Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHJune 6, 2015
Pays very well. Very flexible work schedule and good work life balance. Very friendly atmosphere and nice campus and offices at the headquarters. Different departments have very different atmospheres.
Decent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 25, 2015
Westfield is an average company. There are definitely worse ones out there, but there are better ones as well. They are a very old company (150+ years) and many of their entrenched habits and traditions hold them back from being truly great. Job security is pretty good, but advancement is very difficult as they have an amazing number of 30, 35, 40, and 45 year service employees. Compensation used to be above average by a significant amount, but over the last decade has declined to become less than average.
Overworked and underpaid
Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHMarch 1, 2015
Benefits like health coverage are great; work/life balance is not; work 45-50 hour weeks at salary pay and haven't seen an increase in more than five years.
Outdated mindset
Personal Lines CSR (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHOctober 31, 2014
A company that is stuck in the 60's. Only the pretty young associates get promoted even if they are not qualified to do the job. A lot of money is spent on upper management, from company paid insurance, cars, and other perks, but the average employee gets a 3% raise if they are lucky. You do not get rewarded for going over and above at this company. There is a lot of resentment between employees. Management at one time hired a team to evaluate the compensation package. The staff was promised that salaries would be increased based on the findings. The increases never happened and employees were encouraged not to mention it. In other words, they were threatened.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
under paid, no advancement, management lies
Very fast pace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESNTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Westfield, OHOctober 22, 2014
Answer calls from policy holders upward to 95-100 calls a day,

Work with underwriter for information for policy reinstatement.
Pros
Lunch could be purchase with your badge and withdrawn from your check
Cons
the pay was very low and the drive was far
Divided class systen with unfair advantage to favorites
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 7, 2014
A good place to work if you're a chosen favorite of a manager and don't mind the very outdated technology. No overall company practice or procedure of fair treatment for all although they will tell you the opposite is their culture. Managers have a great amount of freedom to do as they wish with their departments and people, especially in field service offices. No oversight of managers whatsoever. If you're not one of the chosen favorites, you will get more work, less training, far fewer perks and be on your own most of the time. If you complain, you're labeled a problem, could be the target of passive aggressive retribution and the corporate headquarters and HR department do not want to hear any negativity or even know if there is a problem. If you're lucky to be a chosen favorite though it will be a good ride with free lunches, company paid travel, office socializing, average work load, good raises and promotions. Its a lottery where you land and who your boss is.
Pros
Work from home available if your manager approves
Cons
Prevalent class system among employees creates resentment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westfield Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.