Westfield State University Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable part of work
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY, INTERN (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 12, 2017
I love learned more about the world of technology. I also loved the work environment. The employer that I worked for was awesome. I would work for the college again in a difference capacity.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
internship
Fun and easy going workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work would include me doing tasks for my boss or other professors. This could include filing, shredding papers, or doing other things like on the computer
Benefits
Excellent staff and co-workers
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 20, 2017
Whilst I enjoyed working with the pupils and rest of the staff, the only negative was that someone had to leave or die before an adjunct could become full-time.
Work study
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 18, 2017
I worked at the customer service window as a work study employee. This position was very relaxed, answered basic questions about the university and completed transactions throughout the day. great job for students.
The Life of an Adjunct
Professor, Accounting & Business Management (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 6, 2017
It is a known fact that most college's in the United States are literally run on the backs of their adjunct populations, without them they would not be able to complete the educational process for most of their students.

And yet, adjuncts are paid less than their full-time colleagues, receive no benefits or long-term contracts. This is the same all over the United States, it goes on and on, and no one does anything about it.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
No healthcare
Productive, supportive, caring work environment
CLINICAL COUNSELING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 23, 2017
From August 2016 - May 2017, I was a master's level, clinical intern in the Counseling Center. Working with students, in a collaborative manner, was the most satisfying aspect of the work. In addition, the staff counselors are educated, experienced, talented, compassionate counselors. As an intern, they were supportive and affirming. It was a great balance of hard work and fun.
Pros
Leadership, competency of staff, collaboration, supportive
Fun and productive workplace
Television Production Member (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed learning about the essentials of television production during my time in the TV club at Westfield State University. I also enjoyed getting my first taste in broadcast television and meeting people who were just as interested in broadcasting as I was.
Westfield State University
Dish Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAApril 19, 2017
Great atmosphere to work in. Really face pace, mass production in food and food handling. Many ways to move up in company. Many projects and setups. Great place.
Amazing job while in college
Crew (Current Employee) –  athleticsApril 4, 2017
I love working in the athletics department. They have amazing people ( my bosses) running the department. They truly care about you and are more than willing to work around your class schedule.
Great school.
Tutor/Turoring Center (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAFebruary 18, 2017
I had the best criminal justice teachers. I received an excellent education. Small school which was easy to make life long friends.
Pros
Great people and great food
Cons
not having enough sports
Great Summer Job
Westfield - Painter (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAJanuary 15, 2017
Was great to work there! Perfect for a college student wanting to work a full time summer job. Would recommend anyone to try it out. I enjoyed the hours also,
Working at West State
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Various buildingsJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work for me consisted of cleaning dorm buildings . The most important thing I learned from being a maintainer is that with the right supplies, I was very effective at my assigned tasks. I believed I got along very well with my co-workers.
Pros
Working with very knowledgeable employees
Cons
Breaks were pretty short (15 mins)
Review
Assistant Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MA 01085December 14, 2016
It is enjoyable to be able to work in a lab everyday. From this I learn about all parts of biology not just the stuff I am interested in.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Strict hours
Productive and great place to work.
Graduate Intern at the Office of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 13, 2016
I started working here as a graduate intern in June 2016. Everybody was great. I have an extensive hands-on experience from my internship. I enjoyed the friendly working atmosphere.
Great
Ambassador - President's Office (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJune 23, 2016
Enjoyed my education and job at WSU. I had a Great 4 years. It was a privilege to work in the President's Office. My experience with guest speakers and community service were terrific.
amazing
Dam removal research assistant- Intern (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAApril 7, 2016
this internship was the first time that I was exposed to real field based research. I learned many valuable techniques that I will bring with me to future jobs
good summer job.
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Wake up around 6 A.M. get to your assigned building before 8:00. sign in to you station/building. from there on you will begin taking apart beds, using cleaners for the walls and beds. glass cleaner for windows. i refer to he people that gave me my tasks as managers, but they kept saying they weren't, but the bulk of the job was pretty much being movers. even when actual movers had to deliver some of the new furniture, you will still be moving, it didn't bother me per-say but i remember some of my coworkers complaining that we were relegated to being movers instead of cleaning, but i didn't care because moving is simple work and right up my ally. the hardest part of the job is pretty much trying to coordinate with your coworkers, to clean a room. i remember i'd be stuck trying to figure out what was done and what wasn't. aside from that, the job was a blast. I had a lot of fun.
Pros
easy going coworkers, simple work.
Cons
A lesson in working with people and being responsible for your actions and the actions of others.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 24, 2015
Spent 2 years as an RA working with students to build a great community where residents could learn life lessons that would help them in day to day endeavors.
Pros
Great job if you love working with people.
Cons
Great job if you like limiting your social life and hours of sleep.
Ever changing work environemt
Admissions Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 21, 2015
Loved meeting new people every day. The best part of my job was talking about how much I loved my University! Through my experiences, I hope I inspired many to come to my beloved University!
Great job if you love sports
Athletic Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 3, 2015
Working with WSU athletic's department is great if you are an athlete and love being around sports. The shifts never run too long and you get to work and meet other students in the school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westfield State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4