Westfield State University

Westfield State University Employer Reviews

Working as a team to achieve excellence
Assistant; Office of Alumni Relations (Current Employee), Westfield, MAAugust 19, 2014
working with others to create programs that benefit both current students and alumnus.
productive and fun work enviorment
Staff Associate's Assistant (Former Employee), Westfield, MADecember 19, 2013
Pros: boss
Cons: just needed to finish my mba
My work experience at Westfield State was excellent. The staff I worked with was extremely intelligent and fast-paced, yet fun to be around.
Wonderful and supportive people in Academic Affairs
Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs (Current Employee), Westfield, MAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: insurance costs out of state
you are able to work independently. Love my co-workers. Hardest part of my job is trying to keep current with trends in the market place with day to day work to do. Love the communte and the hours.
Professional and productive work enviroment.
Building Maintainer (Current Employee), Westfield, MAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: unsupervised working enviroment, you are trusted to do your job correctly.
Cons: summer work schedule, as a maintainer you have to work harder to correct building conditions, as a i.s.o.the summer months are scheduled off, no work.
As a building maintainer, I really enjoy working for this company, it provided, a great opportunity for advancement, and helped me to learn to develop a strong work ethic. It is fast pace environment, which make your work day faster, the best part of working there is the people and students you encounter during your working hours. Management works hard – more... to provide the proper work conditions, and that make you job much more reassuring, to know that are there for you, when needed. As a I.S.O. Working with campus police department, provide a truly professional environment. The Officers give you all of the training and support, you will need to perform your job, to the best of you ability. – less
Its a family like workplace
Urban Education Program - Student Leader/Mentor (Former Employee), Westfield, MAJuly 23, 2013
Urban Education made me feel like I had a family away from home. The counselors were always there for me whenever I needed advice in regards to my academics, career, or personal life. They taught me leadership skills.
Great work great people
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Westfield, MAApril 10, 2013
I got to work different events and meet lots of people which has really helped me decide a direction. Working in a university setting is very different from working anywhere else because you have way more opportunities in different fields in one place. You can do PR, assisting, teaching, etc. It was amazing.
Fun place to work, not managed well
Banacos Academic Center Student Assistant (Former Employee), Westfield, MAFebruary 26, 2013
• Present Students with tutors based on academic needs and schedule requirements.
• Enforce rules to insure a safe and comfortable environment for students to study and work in.
• Acclaim pay for tutors
I enjoy going to work
Police Officer (Former Employee), Westfield, MADecember 19, 2012
Pros: enjoy working with college community
Cons: to much force overtime
Patrolling the campus (foot or crusiser) responding to calls, assisting students, faculty, staff and visitors, parking enforcement. Report writing. Backup officer if needed. Working with victims of a crime, interviewing witnesses, interrgation suspects. Work closely with local and state police, fire department, medical. Exercise power of arrest.
An incredible place to work with a rich history and a commitment to student success, diversity and civic engagement.
Administration (Current Employee), Westfield, MAOctober 15, 2012
Pros: people, commitment to diversity, civic engagement and global awareness.
Cons: i have none. i love working here!!!
I have enjoyed every day that I have worked for this organization! Management is both visionary and strategic and provides much opportunity for involvement in the committee structure and new priorities. The people make the place and I can truly say that some of my best friends come from my work environment. My favorite part of the job after the people....the – more... opportunities to explore the community and world! – less
Cozy Office Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Westfield, MAAugust 28, 2012
I would start the day off filing, answering e-mails, and scheduling appointments for my director. I learned how to work spreadsheets on Microsoft Excel. In doing so, I was able to register students for classes, register rooms for classes, and providing resources for the classes. My director was very laid-back and calm which made my job less stressful. – more... I was always doing two things at once but never felt overwhelmed. My knowledge for administrative work greatly improved with this job and I believe that I have the ability to further my knowledge and feel comfortable in doing so. The hardest part for me, was making phonecalls. I would have to call fifteen people back to back, but it was also my favorite part because I was able to have conversations with the students, or professors, and my confidence in phone-calling greatly improved. – less
Diverse Learning Experiences
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Westfield, MAMay 12, 2012
Westfield State University offers numerous opportunities to expand your knowledge in topics you are interested in. I worked with the Bully Prevention Program and presented to schools in Western MA educating students on bullying and how to handle a bullying situation.

About Westfield State University

Founded in 1838 by Horace Mann, Westfield State is an education leader committed to providing every generation of students with – Read more

Westfield State University Photos