Westfield Employee Reviews

Toxic Workplace
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2016
Simply put, I would not work at Westfield if they offered to double my salary if they offered it. I would advise you proceed with extreme caution if you are or will soon be employed there. They mistreat their employees, take advantage of them, mislead them, and fail to fulfill their promises, including providing career growth opportunities, fair compensation reviews, etc. They also keep poor employee records and falsify documentation. They seems to say one thing, but do the opposite behind your back. It's the "Westfield Way".
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Poor Leadership; poor record-keeping; no fair opportunity for advancement
Good Job, A lot of Politics
Administrator (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 7, 2016
I liked working for Westfield, I did not like the Politics and gossip. Room for advancement. Team activities, good benefits. Too much drama in this workplace, reminded me of high school.
Work hard.
Senior Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Work hard was the norm of the work week which translates to long work week hours, and the days are deadline driven. Compensation good. Bonus program good.
Pros
Bonus Program
Friendly place to work at.
H&M Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 19, 2016
I was in charge of accessories and lingerie departments, hence, my everyday responsibilities consisted of checking that everything was good in the departments, making moves when new merchandise arrived or it was a change of season. I learned to work at a very fast-paced, with customers all around all the time, tasks require a lot of flexibility. Store manager was bad, but the rest of management was great. Co-workers were great for the most part, but with a team of 40 that worked different shifts all the time it was not so easy to get to know all of them. The hardest part of the job were weekends and holidays, people go crazy. I loved this job, having the responsibilities I did really developed my capabilities and broadened my horizons, and the fact that the people were great made for a very fun place to work at.
Pros
Not very stressful.
Micro-mananging, don't appreciate employees enough.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 16, 2016
The department i worked in, allowed supervisors to be-little employees. Putting them down and not allowing them to receive the credit they deserved when doing a great job.
Cons
Micro-mananging, doesn't appreciate employee feed-back.
Duties
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2016
Completed construction projects that included a combined total of 200 state offices, 10 corridor restorations, 5 mall offices, and 2 parking structures with budgets of over 1million dollars

* Supervised and mentored 4 Engineer techs and in expansion of skill sets and career development

* Serviced regular maintenance to the entire mall and all associated equipment including the food court, parking structures, and attached buildings
It was a nice place to work at. It was like a family
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 31, 2016
I loved working at this job. It was one of the best jobs that I ever worked at. It was like a little family there. Staff was great. It was a job that you didn't mind wakeing up to come to.
Pros
HOILDAYS WAS GREAT AT THE JOB.
Cons
LUNCH NEEDED TO BE A HOUR LONG.
Fast pace work enviroment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2016
answer phone calls, emails, walk ups.
provide support to all westfield malls.
provide support to all users.
management will work with you.
co-workers help each other.
Self Starter
A/C Technician, Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 28, 2016
My experience with this company was alright when I was working alone and away from the others. This gave me time to do my job and not do work assigned to others. The
Pros
None to report
Cons
Prejudice Management
Old school company stuck in the past but saying they are progressive
Leader (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHApril 25, 2013
Westfield Insurance :The work was interesting and customers are great. Facilities are beautiful. Employee benefits are average but company thinks they provide beyond the rest of the world. Only defined pension differentiates. Compensation strategy keeps most employees at an average compensation. No real way to be a star and surpass average based on formula. Long term employees compensation falls behind but difference is made up when a person leaves and a new person replaces them.

Executive level leadership talks a good game about vision, core values, transparency, inclusion, employee engagement, but only acts in that manner when it suits them.

Not a company for big thinkers or progressive individuals. An old company resting on its laurels and bank account from the past. The biggest disappointmrnt for work experience of my life. Leadership and a welcoming culture do not exist.

If you are looking for work life balance it is great. Career and personal satisfaction then avoid like the plague.
Pros
great facilities, work life balance
Cons
company leadership, compensation, passive aggressive culture
Worst Employer in NE Ohio is Westfield Bank
Bank Employee (Former Employee) –  Westfield CenterJuly 13, 2013
What can I say about Westfield Bank based out of Westfield Center, OH. To start the pay is very very low, the only reason the benefits are average at best is the pension plan with being part of Westfield Group. Westfield Bank has no room for advancement, they will hire employees from outside the organization without even posting the position for current employees to apply for. Management is rude, talks down to you, and hates change. The organization lacks all common sense from the top down and is stuck in the past. This is not a company for progresive individuals at all. Working for Westfield Bank was truly one of the worst experiences I have had in my life.
Great people, good assignments, flexible place to work
PMO Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Westfield is a great place to work. I found virtually everybody to be friendly, courteous, capable and professional. I received support from my management, and worked both in expected areas (managing enterprise software projects), and unexpected areas (manage a PMO, infrastructure projects).
Pros
People, corporate culture, assignments
Cons
Great culture, interesting people, vital business
PMO Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2015
My experience at Westfield has been quite positive. The team is very committed to doing quality work. The work I was asked to perform was in line with expectations set during the interview process.

I think the sensibility achieved within the organization was positive and team-driven.

It is also refreshing to work for a company which is doing very well generally speaking. It reflects in a very sensible group of managers doing sensible projects over reasonable timelines for a very long period of time, as I really never had to fix forest fires, so to speak.
Pros
Great culture, interesting people, vital business.
Cons
None.
It is a good place to start your career as a CNA. The residents are hard to work with but you can really get attached to them in a blink of an eye.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAMarch 17, 2016
I only did my clinical hours for CNA at facility, but overall I can say that although the facility was not the best, in terms of safety and infectious control, the staff was always taking care of their residents and doing their best so they can feel comfortable as if they were at home. They also provided the residents with activities everyday.
Very nice work-life balanced environment
Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed working there as a contractor. Their corporate office is in super nice building in Century City, right across from CAA building.
Suphisticated work environment mixed with fun & elegance
B global portfolio & Retail Design Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2015
Working the design & construction head quarter, Commuting in the traffic (was the worst part of this job), managers flexible with work schedule as long as we accommodated deadlines. Very professional colleagues & managers. Deadlines are curs we all know that, but it was easy with the help of each other. Happy hour invitations occasionally & educational lectures every Friday early mornings accompanied with breakfast. Miss the company.
Pros
professional work environment
Cons
Excellent benefits
Enjoyed working and helping customers
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 9, 2015
First thing was to empty trash cans clean food court area kept women and men washrooms clean through out the day. Only bad thing about this company was had as lot management changes
Pros
NICE ENVIRONMENT
Cons
NO HEALTCARE
Insecure
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 16, 2016
Too much dependence on contractors to appear efficient to wall street. Short term contracts dont build loyalty or enhance process continuity
Lack of Management Skills/Advancement Opportunities Sinks This Bank!!!
Credit PM (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 26, 2014
A typical day in the life of the Credit Department of Westfield Bank would literally have you tied to your desk all day from 8 am - 5 pm+ with little or no interaction from your manager except a few instant messages or emails. Face to face communication was not truly encouraged and communication lines with lenders were very poor b/c the Credit management folks bowed down to the Sales team on a regular basis. Credit has no backbone in this Bank (no Credit lending authority if you can believe it) nor would the leaders have your back when a lender decided to complain about something. Management would support training opportunities in one on one meetings; however, when it came time to schedule training you would be told that anything over 4 hours away from your desk was too much time to miss. Opportunities from lending officers (customer calls, golf outings, etc.) would be told to the manager of the department but she would always decline them w/o even asking her staff due to the fact that it would require time away from their desks (lenders would later ask you why you didn't attend). I don't find it surprising that this Bank has a very hard time replacing Credit PM's/Underwriters when people leave or "get promoted without increases in pay". The Credit area has a large bank feel with great emphasis on a flawed production points system. I would not recommend this to anyone unless the person told me that all they wanted was a bank credit position in Medina and they didn't expect advancement opportunities, appreciation by their management or the opportunity to expand a knowledge base.  more... During my time there, I literally heard words of appreciation for my work 2x. I would estimate that 50% of the Credit team is unhappy in their current role and would leave in a heartbeat if another opportunity presented itself. Management turns a blind eye to that reality.  less
Pros
Annual incentive company-wide program is approximately 10-13% of salary
Cons
Management's communication skills are a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10, All levels of management lie directly to your face
Relaxing enviroment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Cooked, cleaned, making meals, laundry, listening to our clients stories, friendships, slow paced and beautiful atmosphere.
Pros
Relaxing, beautiful scenery and pleasant client
Cons
Client-deceased

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westfield. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9