Westfield Employee Reviews

Relaxing enviroment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Cooked, cleaned, making meals, laundry, listening to our clients stories, friendships, slow paced and beautiful atmosphere.
Pros
Relaxing, beautiful scenery and pleasant client
Cons
Client-deceased
ENJOYED WORKING AND HELPING CUSTOMERS
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 9, 2015
FIRST THING WAS TO EMPTY TRASH CANS CLEAN FOOD COURT AREA KEPT WOMEN AND MEN WASHROOMS CLEAN THROUGH OUT THE DAY. ONLY BAD THING ABOUT THIS COMPANY WAS HAD AS LOT MANAGEMENT CHANGES
Pros
NICE ENVIRONMENT
Cons
NO HEALTCARE
Great culture, interesting people, vital business
PMO Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2015
My experience at Westfield has been quite positive. The team is very committed to doing quality work. The work I was asked to perform was in line with expectations set during the interview process.

I think the sensibility achieved within the organization was positive and team-driven.

It is also refreshing to work for a company which is doing very well generally speaking. It reflects in a very sensible group of managers doing sensible projects over reasonable timelines for a very long period of time, as I really never had to fix forest fires, so to speak.
Pros
Great culture, interesting people, vital business.
Cons
None.
Pie Crust Company
administrative (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Department full of pie crust promises - easily made and easily broken. If you are in the click you are protected otherwise you are and will always be an outsider.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Good old boys club, too many clicks that I thought I left in HS
Great people, good assignments, flexible place to work
PMO Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
Westfield is a great place to work. I found virtually everybody to be friendly, courteous, capable and professional. I received support from my management, and worked both in expected areas (managing enterprise software projects), and unexpected areas (manage a PMO, infrastructure projects).
Pros
People, corporate culture, assignments
Cons
Fast-paced and productive work culture with entrepreneurial spirit
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2015
I've learned a lot in my years at Westfield, and no work day has ever been the same. In an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit, a proactive and assertive employee can propose, concept and deliver campaigns that can be tested and measured for success. The best part of the job has been working with such a dedicated team and great people.
Suphisticated work environment mixed with fun & elegance
B global portfolio & Retail Design Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2015
Working the design & construction head quarter, Commuting in the traffic (was the worst part of this job), managers flexible with work schedule as long as we accommodated deadlines. Very professional colleagues & managers. Deadlines are curs we all know that, but it was easy with the help of each other. Happy hour invitations occasionally & educational lectures every Friday early mornings accompanied with breakfast. Miss the company.
Pros
professional work environment
Cons
excellent benefits
Enjoyable place to work and make long time friends.
Foot & Ankle Specialist of New Jersey (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJFebruary 19, 2015
a typical day is assisting doctors, making sure all rooms are ready for the day. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job is to work with doctors who think they are above staff and shows it. The most enjoyable part is doing what I love which is assisting my doctors.
Pros
free lunches, gifts and the priceless smiles from patients.
Cons
finding out your long time patient has passed away.
"Good" ole boy network is alive and well in Westfield Oh
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  westfield centerNovember 6, 2014
May be one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management is people who hold onto thier positions, no matter how poorly they manage people or results. If you golf or drink with the leaders, you are protected. Women are held back - surprised they have not been sued for discrimination.
Pros
location is safe.
Cons
management, technology, constant change, treatment of staff. located in the middle of nowhere.
Lack of Management Skills/Advancement Opportunities Sinks This Bank!!!
Credit PM (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 26, 2014
A typical day in the life of the Credit Department of Westfield Bank would literally have you tied to your desk all day from 8 am - 5 pm+ with little or no interaction from your manager except a few instant messages or emails. Face to face communication was not truly encouraged and communication lines with lenders were very poor b/c the Credit management folks bowed down to the Sales team on a regular basis. Credit has no backbone in this Bank (no Credit lending authority if you can believe it) nor would the leaders have your back when a lender decided to complain about something. Management would support training opportunities in one on one meetings; however, when it came time to schedule training you would be told that anything over 4 hours away from your desk was too much time to miss. Opportunities from lending officers (customer calls, golf outings, etc.) would be told to the manager of the department but she would always decline them w/o even asking her staff due to the fact that it would require time away from their desks (lenders would later ask you why you didn't attend). I don't find it surprising that this Bank has a very hard time replacing Credit PM's/Underwriters when people leave or "get promoted without increases in pay". The Credit area has a large bank feel with great emphasis on a flawed production points system. I would not recommend this to anyone unless the person told me that all they wanted was a bank credit position in Medina and they didn't expect advancement opportunities, appreciation by their management or the opportunity to expand a knowledge base.  more... During my time there, I literally heard words of appreciation for my work 2x. I would estimate that 50% of the Credit team is unhappy in their current role and would leave in a heartbeat if another opportunity presented itself. Management turns a blind eye to that reality.  less
Pros
annual incentive company-wide program is approximately 10-13% of salary
Cons
management's communication skills are a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10, all levels of management lie directly to your face

Want to know more about Westfield?

Ask a question
A poor choice
Lease Abstracting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 28, 2013
I've been a provisional employee for over 5 months, and they have yet to offer me full employee status and benefits. The receptionist they hired 2 months after I started already has benefits and health insurance. None of the people who started in the last 9 months in my department have been offered full benefits.
Pros
cappuccino machine
Cons
no benefits for 9 months or more.
great morning excercise program for residents
MDS / PPS / MMQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MANovember 6, 2013
Morning meeting is held Mon thru Fri at 9 AM, ICP meetings are held twice a week in the morning and at other times as needed to accommodate residents and family. The best part of the job is interacting with the residents and family.
Pros
some awesome team members
Cons
benefits are not easily affordable
Review Summary
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 4, 2013
I had a great experience working for this property management since it's where I got my feet wet learning mall marketing.
Pros
great networking experience.
Cons
work most holidays.
Temporary receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAOctober 7, 2013
•Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.

•Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.

•Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.

•Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.

•Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.

•File and maintain records.

•Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.

•Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.

•Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.

•Receive payment and record receipts for services.

•Process payments for store tenants.
Pros
hour lunch break, wonderful co workers
Cons
temp position, i drive over 40 miles a day
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2013
Back when I worked there, I loved the team I worked with / for. They gave me a lot of room for growth and career advancement!
Customer focused and aim to please consumer
This job was volunteer (Former Employee) –  This was a volunteer jobSeptember 1, 2013
Helping the customers to achieve a good experience at Lowe's, so that they remain a returning customer.
excellent
PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 17, 2013
Excellent professional experience. Chlleging job but mission accomplished.
Pros
training, team working, bonus
Worst Employer in NE Ohio is Westfield Bank
Bank Employee (Former Employee) –  Westfield CenterJuly 13, 2013
What can I say about Westfield Bank based out of Westfield Center, OH. To start the pay is very very low, the only reason the benefits are average at best is the pension plan with being part of Westfield Group. Westfield Bank has no room for advancement, they will hire employees from outside the organization without even posting the position for current employees to apply for. Management is rude, talks down to you, and hates change. The organization lacks all common sense from the top down and is stuck in the past. This is not a company for progresive individuals at all. Working for Westfield Bank was truly one of the worst experiences I have had in my life.
Old school company stuck in the past but saying they are progressive
Leader (Former Employee) –  Westfield Center, OHApril 25, 2013
Westfield Insurance :The work was interesting and customers are great. Facilities are beautiful. Employee benefits are average but company thinks they provide beyond the rest of the world. Only defined pension differentiates. Compensation strategy keeps most employees at an average compensation. No real way to be a star and surpass average based on formula. Long term employees compensation falls behind but difference is made up when a person leaves and a new person replaces them.

Executive level leadership talks a good game about vision, core values, transparency, inclusion, employee engagement, but only acts in that manner when it suits them.

Not a company for big thinkers or progressive individuals. An old company resting on its laurels and bank account from the past. The biggest disappointmrnt for work experience of my life. Leadership and a welcoming culture do not exist.

If you are looking for work life balance it is great. Career and personal satisfaction then avoid like the plague.
Pros
great facilities, work life balance
Cons
company leadership, compensation, passive aggressive culture
Very well work place very well organized
Wendys (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 7, 2013
A day at work is challenging because customer service is very important in order for them to comeback we have to make sure everything is done correctly to serve our customers. We have to make sure everything is done at the end of the day and that the store is clean and well organized for the next day. I learned how to be responsible and patient with the people in order to have a successful day. My co workers are my team in which we work together to complete our day and make our sales. The hardest part of the job is time managment skills and customer service everything has to be done quickly and correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job is we learn something new everyday and we have workers that get along.
Pros
we get very well reviews