Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Employer Reviews

One of the best places to work ( in the design feild )
Web Designer (Current Employee), Ocoee, FloridaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: game room, spa, cafa
Cons: the internet always drops at 2:01pm lol
My day to day job include:
-Maintaining websites in WordPress.
-Creating Email Newsletters and Blasts.
-Creating marking banners in veracious sizes.

I learned more about marketing and SEO, the business side of a major corporation and what ROI stands for lol.

My managers are great they provide a comfortable place to work. They're great at giving enough – more... feed back to open up hte next creative door to complete the project at hand.

The people I am blessed to work with over the past year have made to change to co-workers to family.

The hardest part of my job is at 2:01 when the internet decides to go down for an unforeseen amount of time lol.

I love everything about my job. – less
Houskeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 16, 2014
I love to work here every thing is organize and in place but they always get new housekeeping manager every year.
Rudderless
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: timeshare
Cons: timeshare
Depends on the department I suppose, but nothing seemed to move forward at all.
ok place to work if you need a fast check
kids club attendant (Former Employee), Orlando ,FLAugust 4, 2014
Pros: you can work your way up
Cons: health care...
I worked for the kids club it's a great job but some of the employees n the manager she's a bunch of drama thinks she can talk to you however and just gossips to the other employees about your business.... n the pay is awful 8.00 an hour to watch kids all day and deal with some of the disrespectful reps....
great place to work if you don't need money
Sales Representative (Former Employee), williamsburg vaJuly 14, 2014
they promise the world but don't deliver on any of it. You are paid on a draw but never get enough tours to make any money. Company obviously doesn't care about its Williamsburg location. Avoid this place unless you're just looking for a hobby.
nice place
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2014
good place to work, in its time good money and incentives, demanding job.
high energy ,
Timeshare sales , closing officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 28, 2014
Pros: money, hours
Cons: no retirement, 401k or insurance
took tours around property , called owners sold more , I learned from the best how to sell it now sell it today by Pat Libby and one of the greatest trainers Bill Hall
Long days, fast paced getting clients to like the facilities.
Promotions Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 25, 2014
Pros: a beatiful property in orlando every body want to go to.
Cons: low compensation package, long week
A very fast and under pressure for leads job, follow ups to check if clients were able to partcipate at the meeting. Commissions were ok, had to work harder to earn more. As a supervisor, staying on track with the promoters, not an easy task, but possible with consistence.
A typical day at work
Vacation Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 16, 2014
I typical day at work is just: being organized, love to be on-time, enjoy looking over things that I did before to see if I needed to make any changes, a great team worker, achieve to be nice and respectful at all times, I am quick learner, and I take pride in my work and I get a lot of satisfaction in completing a task well.
Poor Priorities
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Park City, UTMay 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
Working at the Westgate Resorts as a Housekeeping Supervisor was disappointing. The Housekeeping Supervisor's duties were never clear, and often conflicted directly with other Housekeeping Supervisors and Housekeeping Inspectors. At Westgate, as a Supervisor, it seemed my job was to keep track of Housekeepers and reassign them where needed. Typically – more... this would not be difficult but with the use of Excel spreadsheets for daily assignment of Housekeepers, and poor methods for tracking electronically, in addition to other Supervisor and Inspectors assigning them to different rooms, it was incredibly difficult to keep track of the crew your supervising in such a large property.

The Front Desk would room move guests due to any complaint, sometimes doubling the housekeeping workload in a single day.

Scheduling was so poor, that days where you're assigned nine to five would often become nine to seven or eight in the evening. This happened so often it became an expectation but the schedule consistently said nine to five. No OT was ever approved making all your following days a mystery of when you will get out, making planning any outside work activities rather impossible.

The Housekeeping crew is poorly trained, with significant errors seen in their rooms and inconsistencies in every room. Beds would be made differently consistently. It was expected of the Inspectors to bring back Housekeepers to show them what they missed, but due to the difficult time it is to find Housekeepers, most would opt to just finish the room themselves, wasting an incredible amount of time. Housekeepers were incredibly slow, and this would fall on the Supervisor's responsibility but when attempting to take action against slow housekeepers, Supervisors were penalized.

Organization in schedule and housekeeping boards were terrible but as well with equipment. Chemicals were often unlabeled and the dispenser hardly ever worked, it was difficult to keep track of chemicals and Housekeepers did not know what chemical to use where.

It was unclear on what was expected of an Inspector as well since superficial things were often prioritized over actual cleanliness. Deep clean results were often penalized on Inspectors, such as carpet stains, dust collection on vents and degradation on cookware.

Everything was subject to opinion, some scratched pots would be thrown at you for leaving them in the room while others were passed off as acceptable. Poor quality cookware often had many pots fall into degraded status. – less
BAD!
Security Officer (Former Employee), River Ranch, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: easy work, ranch life, discounts are nice.
Cons: management, benefits, pay, distance
During my time, the work was easy, very simple. Being that security was the holder of the keys to the property, we were the lowest paid throughout the company, Westgate. As a resort, Westgate operates similar to many others which I have experience on. The largest skiing resort in America, Big Sky Resort, and the largest mountain/hospitality in America, – more... Vail Resorts. River Ranch specifically operated very poorly. The management skills were not there at all, there was a "protected class' or, "good ole boy" system. Racial Tension was present, I witnessed it myself and nothing was done in spite of it. The hours were demanding and all over the place, ie; you would have off Tuesday and Wednesday and have to report to work Midnight on Thursday, not giving you an ample day off. You would be scheduled one week all midnight shifts, or random 8-4, 4-12, 10-10, 12am-8am, etc. It really was poor shift management. The training was poor. I was thrown into the fire and never fully was equipped to handle anything by myself. I was forced out of the company due to my witnessing of the racial incident and "causing a stir" by going to Human Resources. There is no HR on location, payroll can get screwy at times, they are not squared away, and nobody can ever give you an immediate answer.

I enjoyed working for the ranch in itself, but the department was very sketchy and wishy washy. I also came across some information I did not plan or intend to come upon.

If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to email me and I will give you any information I can. – less
Great work experience
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: changing of management
Fun, time share at it's best. Good management and co-workers. Felt like working with family like atmosphere. Enjoyed the results and lots of sales and closings.
Little room for advancement, but good work/life balance
Certified Field Trainer/ Maintenance (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 13, 2014
Pros: stable scheduling, good work/life balance, stable environment.
Cons: healthcare is expensive and covers little, career advancement minimal.
Work at Westgate resorts left little to be had in the form of benefits. Pay is minimal for the work performed, and pay raises are not seen for years at a time. Depending on the work done, physical demand may be high, but management kept a good balance of keeping things fun and enjoyable. Depending on the position, there is much to be learned from employment – more... including specialized skill sets. – less
A very interesting day making sure the guest receive a magical experience
Resort Services Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLApril 8, 2014
1. Creating a magical experience for the guest
2. I learned to trust my judgement calls and don't second guest my self.
3. Management needs more training dealing with team members.
4. I had some very good co-workers that were loyal and productive.
5. The hardest part of the job was getting upper management to see the vision of new procedures.
6. Going – more... to work every day....Loved my job – less
Security
Make sure employee swipes there work badges (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLApril 4, 2014
Cons: healthcare, 401 k
I enjoy my job, making sure everyone is safe and be helpful to employees.
Admin job with funny coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: you have to know someone up high to have a secure job
pretty ok job if you need to find a paycheck and hours are easy since its from 730 to max 3
Have a hard time working
Timeshare tour and sales (Former Employee), Orlando, FlMarch 9, 2014
Pros: any
Cons: for me all
Unfortunally after a few time I discovered that I don't trust or believe in the "product " that the company sell.
Was an alright company until they fired everyone in housekeeping
Porter (Former Employee), Branson MOMarch 4, 2014
I didn't mind working there until they called everyone to a meeting and told everything were fired who worked in the housekeeping department, due to an outsourcing company.
Great
Customer Service Rep Call center (Former Employee), Orlando,FLFebruary 26, 2014
I love westgate it was my first call center job and I was a bit nervous but they set me up for success!!
High schooljob
Contracted VIP Service Agent/Concierge (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Fast food isn't always a great enviorment to work in but you can always make the best of it.Making food and cleaning was pretty much the whole day.I was able to learn a lot from the fast food industry. This is where i became a shift lead. Management was so good in the beginning but once they made some movements everything was great.Co workers were fun – more... to work with.Hardest part was handeling drive thru and most enjoyable part was having a good day making the food. – less

1 2 3 4 5