Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

good
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
This company has allowed those who have been employed to move up within the ranks at a rapid pace. The pay is what you would expect for such a time share company
Inside lodge or check-in facility
Bell Captain, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNAugust 8, 2017
Nice place to work, great employees most of the time. Most management are great people and treat you with respect. Can be very stressful at times but that can be anywhere. Great place to meet a lot of different people and guests as your day goes by. I have learned to work even harder than before for what you want in life. It doesn't come to you in a basket. When you are thrown stones, do not dodge them; catch them instead and keep them. Its not worth anything in life to throw them back to someone else. Stones can really hurt where other weapons can't. I thoroughly enjoy making sure our guests are very happy with their accommodations and have no issues before I leave them.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 3, 2017
I love this place and thank God for giving me the opportunity to be around some amazing people and giving me this job. The managers are great. The closing,managers,are,the best
Pros
Cons
Nothing at all
Fun working environment occasionally
Owner referral agent (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJuly 31, 2017
Very productive, fun working environment occasionally. If you are a self reliant individual who is not afraid interacting with customer, you might like working there. However there are also some flaws....
Horrible place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2017
Absolutely horrible place to work. No salary just a draw. Very harsh environment and high turnover. Cherry picking for a favorite sales people!! No money just hostile training every day!!!! No bother to work there!
Pros
Cons
Draw, hostile environment, no money.
Fun Competetive Work Place.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2017
Working at Westgate was fun and i had a good time with other employees. Wish there was a better pay rate because commission jobs are tough to succeed in with too many workers. Other than that I enjoyed my time there.
Outbound/inbound calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2017
Start with morning meeting to discuss daily promotions or any changes in policies. Take calls to provide guests with vacation package complete with tickets and itinerary. Listen to customer complaints and recommendations. Charge fees to customers who did not qualify for tour or missed tour.
Pros
Good salary + comm
Cons
No room for family emergencies
Interesting
In House Timeshare Concierge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2017
Provide services as personal concierge to current owners and guest to help create an itinerary while in town as well as trouble shoot any problems they may have while at our facilities.
▪ Resolve problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; if there are problems determining the cause and solving the problem; selecting and explaining the best solutions to resolve the issue.
Pros
Nice paychecks and co-workers
Cons
Product not always what owners thought they purchased
The best resort to be at if your serious
Sales Representative, OPC , Travel Club Rep (Former Employee) –  Smoky MtnsJuly 22, 2017
I started right out of high school in 2000 and was surrounded by the best closers in the business. Yes it's going to be long days and 6-1's sometime and IRT in the morning isn't fun but if you do follow the sequence and the steps they teach you and stay focused you'll make 70-150k a year as I've seen a hundred kids right out of high school buy land rovers and porche's after they're first year. It's the focus that makes the payments so if your focused then this is the place to be .
Pros
Top sales Training and excellent commission
Cons
No smoking anywhere and parking is tough .
great place to work
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2017
i have no complaints about westgate. great place to work great people to work with. they do a great job at hiring the right kinds of people for the job.
Pros
great pay
Cons
they will fire you for anything you do wrong.
have a job not a career
Gift Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 19, 2017
same routine everyday. same job over and over. No meeting, management style is dictatorial, no culture. I do not think that I belong there because most people in my department speak the same language beside English. They don't programmed vacation. Unless you asked for it.Day off are difficult to obtain. colleague when are sick keep working despite the fact that they can transmit their disease to others. Is like they forced you to work instead of letting you go home or see the doctor. They change your schedule in their convenience without asking you. Order are vertical what slow down any decision to make. So customer satisfaction is reduced. The fun part is that we received Gordano pizza, meeting and free park access with attractions Parks and dinner shows.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
Excellent place for work, excellent experience, excellent company, beautiful place to stay and go to vacations. Excellent services, clean and good atmosphere.
Great environment. Seasonal work
Barback (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
Great ace to work, great staff. I really enjoyed meeting new people from all over the country, and international travelers. Management was easy to work with, very down to earth and committed to customer service. Hardest part of the job was the fact that it is seasonal in case you need steady income. Everyday was enjoyable for me there however. Always new people to meet and very fun and friendly atmosphere overall.
Pros
Beautiful Scenery everyday
Cons
seasonal work
Roland Denis
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJuly 10, 2017
Very comfortable environment . Management was very respectable . very good atmosphere . Everyone was very friendly. Nice and safe area . good pay. great benefits.
Independent Contractor
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2017
Weeks system. Overall is where I got majority of sales experience. The title pretty much explains its sell. looking for something new and different and that has something to offer its employees.
Pros
Cons
Tours.
It's a place where people can grow and learn. Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2017
The people I worked with were very patient during the training sessions. I could always ask for help any time I was in need. Very supportive in time of need. My time there was enjoyable and reproductive.
fun fast paced enviroment
Housekeeping Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2017
Nice environment to work in, not a good pay.
not much options to escalate
Relate with a lot of different people, fast pace work environment which I love and do best.
Learned how to manage a large group of people at the same time to obtain a final daily goal.
Pros
I hae absolute responsability i my end
Cons
poor pay
fun workplace
Owner Reservations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2017
reservations for owners of timeshare units
Learned a system for bookings
management always looks out for your best interest
hardest part is when busy season
Adapt Quickly
Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2017
It's high school and college meets international pitch fest for dreams. It's fast, crazy, slow, exciting and pretty much an emotional rollercoaster driven by you.
Pros
You learn how to think outside the box
Cons
If not careful, you can be eaten quickly
Not bad
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 28, 2017
It's not the best place to work but it's not the worst. Let's just say... It was a job. The managers are okay. The pay is competitive. The environment isn't too bad but some people are rude and snoddy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.