Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

Fun and easy to learn.
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FlJuly 14, 2015
It's a very easy job, me being a really quick learner it took maybe a week to learn everything the job entails. From there it took me maybe another week or two to learn the supervisors jobs and responsibilities.
Great Pay, Negative Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gatlinburg, TNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Immature/Inexperienced Management
They offer great pay. Now everyone starts out making $10.00 an hour, which is not how it was when I first started. I started at $9 an hour and worked my way up to $10.25 I was making before I left. The work environment needs improvement. My best comparison is it is like working in a high school. If you get in with or along with the right cliché then your work experience will be very good. However if anyone in one of the high "clichés" or power holding people decide they do not like you, good luck keeping you job.
Great place to be
Activities Director (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 24, 2015
Westgate Resort was one of my favorite jobs. It was great, because even if you had one specific job title you still got to learn other jobs and help out where ever needed. I would go back in a heartbeat!
great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJune 2, 2015
Pros: Co workers, environment
Cons: none
I didnt work there too long, but for the little time that I was there, it was great. Great management and co-workers. Advancement in the company was seen all over the resort.
I learned to be a "one call stop" representative, and being able to multitask is important.
Customer Service Representative to Colletions (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: I learn how to be more direct with customers and earn their trust in the company with me
Cons: no cons
My responsibilities while working in this company consisted of assisting timeshare owners make usage of their timeshare.
This was including taking payments, booking and canceling
reservations, and answering any other question the owner
had. When working at Westgate . I learned it was crucial to accommodate the client with any and all types of situations. The bottom line
was to make sure the client was confident with us and pleased wit our services, as long as company policies are
always enforced. After all we are the ones representing the company.
A Day at Westgate
Dayline Sales Representative (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 19, 2015
Working at Westgate was nice. Coming into the morning meetings every morning and being greeted by the managers. They would go over how the track did the previous day and what our goal was for the current day. Sitting in the bull-pen with all your co-workers before getting assigned a tour was great. Always laughing and getting to know one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a deal for the day. You will feel very accomplished and you will get praised from your co-workers and managers. The hardest part of the job was getting along with certain families on tour. What I learned from this job was how to step out of my comfort zone and explore other avenues in life.
Productive and fun environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Ocoee, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: Feels like a home away from home working there.
Cons: Never knowing when someone is going to curse you out on the phone.
Started the job knowing nothing about timeshare and now I feel like an expert. My coworkers and the work environment was one of the best parts about working there. Everyone is like one big happy family. Hardest part of working there is not knowing when you'll have to go through a tough phone call, but still having to stick through it with a smile on your face.
fun place to work very fast pace very active
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: early start time
good place to develop sales skills good work ethic, love coming to work everyday very fun a good place for winners. i had a very good experience working there for many years.I won many trips, awards,. You work hard but you also played hard.
Pro's & Con's ocoee
Owner Reservations Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), OcoeeMay 3, 2015
I really enjoy working at Westgate, we did a lot of fun activities for our agents to keep them on their toes. Westgate don't pay enough for all the hard work and the benefits was too much to handle for a single mother and too much Favoritism.
Too formal of a working environment
Accountant II (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Hotel discounts
Cons: Unstable growth
The positions and chance for growth was limited. There were a lot of micro managing. Not enough employee perks and benefits offered.
Timeshare Reslae company
Owner Relations agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: professional environment
Cons: no stability or room for growth
Westgate resorts are a world renowned company that has dominated the timeshare industry. The workers are proficient in what they do and it is a very professional environment.
IT WAS AN ALRIGHT PLACE TO WORK
OPC/Guest Services (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: meeting tourist
Cons: not good pay at all
IT WAS HARD BUT EASY WORK THEY JUST PUT ALOT OF PRESSURE ON YOU, YOU DEFF DIDNT MAKE ANY MONEY DOING IT THATS FOR SURE. MANAGMENT SUCKED, YOUR TEAM MEMEBERS WERE GOOD TO WORK WITH.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: working with vacationing families
Cons: in miami poor management
VP of Sales Barry Siegel is the best, he is a humanistic caring person that really cares about people. The hours in Miami are difficult and parking and transportation on the beach are terrible
Very nice vacation suites for your money.
In-House Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 2, 2015
The tours with the families are never the same. You get to share a meal with the families and they get to learn a lot abut the amenities that is available to them.
Laid back and fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Gatlinburg, TNJanuary 26, 2015
The workplace was a little too laid back for my taste. Management and coworkers were equally unprofessional. There was a lot of drama among the employees which made the environment not so pleasant. The actual job was nice, and the pay was good.
inbound / outbound calls to recover units of timeshare
contract mediator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent working conditions
Cons: i lived 86 miles away and commuted daily for 8 years
70+ calls per day to negotiage either bringing accts up to date, or selling lower priced unit of timeshare so owner could afford it.
Mountian Saling
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gatlinburg TNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: no benifits.
Westgate was an awesome place to work with a very fun, high energy, and family ordinated work place. I loved it the and all the managers are great. The down fall it is ales and commission based with isn't a bad thing, just a readjustment. B\the best part those was the ability to really make a different on peoples lives and helping them do things they never thought was possible, truly makes dreams come true.
Fun place with great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 23, 2014
Pros: excellent management and benefits
Cons: low pay, long hours
Westgate was a very fun company to work with, but was unfortunately not very conducive to school.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2014
Good company, decent pay. Great management. Moderately high stress. Very little culture.
Good Company
Sales Representative/ Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FloridaDecember 16, 2014
Needed better stability and company was in trouble. I wish I would have stayed. They are doing great now.

1 2 3 4 5

$10.00 per hour
Marketing Coordinator
$27,000 per year

Westgate Resorts Photos

Break Away from the Ordinary, Come Join the Fun!