Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

no work to do
programmer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 1, 2016
The other programmers were excellent. But they must be into work-life balance or something, because there were not a lot of projects getting completed.

If you don't like to work, I guess you would rate this place 5 stars on Job Work/Life Balance. If you actually want to do something with your days, it blows.
Pros
nice office
Cons
nothing to do
Fun, Great Management and Emplayee to work with
Welcome Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2016
Learning about everything from deal with guest of all kinds, good and bad. Improved on my sales skill while selling attractions and theme park tickets
Pros
Greats hours and great pay
Cons
Time shift starts and end locations
Fun place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2016
Westgate is just a fun place to work but as far as being able to make a living working there it will be hard the pay is not very much but there is a lot of work to be done.
Good place to work at
Spa Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2016
Love working at the spa, but Westgate themselves aren't the best to work for, but I still absolutely love my job and those who I work with!
Cultured Employment
Sales/Deeding Officer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 5, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people own their vacation Resort packages. Hardest part of the job was telling someone they didn't qualify to purchase when they wanted so badly.
Fast Past
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
Westgate in general is a good company to work for, you must have a strong personality to work there. You will always stay busy and be apart of a team.
Pros
Meet great people, free lunch, you stay busy
Cons
poor management, unprofessional
Progressive company that offers the opportunity to grow, based on performance.
Recruiter / Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNFebruary 27, 2016
I appreciate the performance based pay and promotion opportunities available here especially since I will never have to ask for a raise!! If I want/need to make more money, I can simply do a better job and get it!
This is not a place for someone who wants to 'just get by' and therefore is the perfect work environment for someone like myself!
Pros
Pay and promotions are based on performance
Cons
Can be a stressful environment, but I thrive on the challenge
just and ok place to work
Tour Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNFebruary 23, 2016
greeting customer that come in to take a tour, how to fill out invite and take information from people. Its ok, some co-workers are ok being on your feet all day long meeting the different type of people
Pros
working and meeting some nice people
Cons
healthcare
Great place to meet and interact with new people
VIP Concierge (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2016
I learned great customer service and better communication with different backgrounds. Management is filled with favoritism and not being involved with their team members. Hardest part is selling Timeshares because that gets in the way of customer service. Coworkers are great people but love to be involved with drama. But overall, you learn and experience so much from the guests you meet and.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
healthcare
Horrendous
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Worked at the Cocoa Beach Pier. Management used Gestapo type Management. Unprofessional, untruthful and deceitful. Stated they do not care nor want the local business. The way they conduct business is to undermine the main management from Orlando and suck up to them when they are there. Working for this company at the Cocoa Beach Pier was the the worst experience of many and a very poor reflection on the Westgate Name.
Pros
Beautiful environment, wonderful customers
Cons
Hostile, hateful. unprofessional management.
Amazing Company
OPC (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Good pay, hours, and benefits. If you are driven and motivated this is the company for you. With the possibility to make a decent amount of money.
Pros
Self driven
Cons
Based on commission
Best place to work at!
Front Desk Officer (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 4, 2016
My work experience in Westgate Park City Resort and Spa is extremely wonderful! I learned a lot from my managers who are very supportive, they keep on motivating us and they won't stop bringing out the best in you. My colleagues has been very helpful to me as well, we pull each other up and we consider each other friends even outside work.
Working at the Westgate has been great, the only hardest part that I can only think of is going to work on a snowy day, its very challenging since I didn't have a car and I am new to that kind of weather but our managers are very understanding to this matter, its either you stay at home and be safe or they will ask the hotel driver to pick me up at home.
I learned a lot from this company, from the littlest to the most important thing in the service industry. They taught us the world class guest service.
Pros
motivating managers, free food, recognition, free bus or shuttle ride for late night shifts
Cons
snow storms
Orlando was a great place to work. Now you must be bilingule
Off Property Contact Broker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2016
I have dedicated the last 28 years to helping families while on vacation. Most days I find it rewarding as I guid them to a better time, save money for them. Mainly allow the parents to rest and enjoy their vacation as well as the kids. Watching the families unite was a gift to me. I come from a large family (9 siblings) I know how important family time is! I am in a fun industry! so I feel blessed to not have too many hard time. Most important thing I learned is be a good listener.
Then you can solve most problems.
Pros
Seeing the families at the resort i introduced them to years ago enjoying themselves
Cons
May.. some call it no pay May! I call it time off.
River Ranch not a good place
front desk (Former Employee) –  River Ranch, FLJanuary 20, 2016
the girls working the desk have no desire to be friendly or go above and beyond for a guest. They are rude, mean and frankly just not nice people.

In a hospitality setting you have to be a people person and these people are not!!!

It left a very bad taste and idea of how westgate is.. and many guests said the same thing..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
Easy if youre flexible.
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 20, 2016
To start the most difficult part of the job was the un supported training. there were many things i had to learn on my on or ask because the manager had sat there most of the time. there were also questions id ask about important info. and she would tell me "i dont know,ill let you know" i never recieved a straight answer. nor did i receive a proper amount of full time hours. the manager had hired part time positions granting them full time hours. there were also new hires i had seen that were promised that they would only work nights 11pm-7am .. but they ended up working a mixture and getting really angry that they were lied to by management.
Pros
plenty of down time to work on tasks inoffice or study
Cons
poor management
Very good work atmosphere
Locksmith Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Westgate resorts was a good place to begin my work history in locksmith. they supplied me with a variety of problems that added to my previous experience
Cocoa Beach Pier
Food server (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2016
The Cocoa Beach Pier is a beautiful place, wonderful scenery. The pay is good too, but when you're not happy sometimes its not worth it!It's just really sad the management they have running this place. They are NOT about work/home balance. They aren't concerned about you having a family! They don't appreciate the good dependable workers they have. They don't give breaks no matter how many hours you work. I don't see how the owners don't recognize how many employees they have lost since the beginning of 2015.
Pros
Beautiful place
Cons
NO breaks, horrible management
Pretty good company to work for.
Executive Sales Rep- Timeshare Ownership (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 29, 2015
I have enjoyed working here it is just 100 miles travel per day and am looking for something with a little more security.My co-workers are great but the schedule to work every week-end can be taxing.
Pros
Discounted Accomodations
Cons
Long drive to work
Westgate Resorts
Concierge Services (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 16, 2015
Working At Westgate Resorts Was A Very Fun Job. Interacting With People And Co Workers Every Moment Made It More Fun Every Single Day.
One of the worst experiences
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLDecember 14, 2015
This is partially because I don't really have what it takes to be a telemarketer. But at one point, I was removed from my cubical because in between calls I was talking to the person sitting next to me. It was like high school and we were treated like children. The pay was not good enough at all, and the work was competitive to the extent of being publicly shamed if you weren't getting the numbers they thought you should.