Westgate Resorts Employee Reviews

Nice place to wrok
Closing Officer (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 9, 2017
Had fun meeting people and making friends. At Westgate Resorts there is no room for advancement. Sometimes you would find what i call clicks ? You had to be out parting with everyone or you was'nt part of the social club.
Pros
nice view
Cons
parking off property and catching a bus to work.
Westgate is headed in the wrong direction.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2017
Westgate has little regard for its Employees and Guest. As I traveled the country promoting Westgate, I encountered to many unhappy Guest. Westgate has a lack of innovation.
Pros
None at this time
Cons
Stagnation and lack of innovation.
Preaure...preasure..preasure!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 2, 2017
Great team, great atmos..managememt very underatanding.however, if they would let the team members have more nice family time prosuction could probably double.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Housekeeper department
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 2, 2017
Everything is good and has fun every one help get job done and we have meetings every morning so can help approver the aear need to be train.... so everyone have a smiles all time
Nepetism at its finest
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 1, 2017
This place was an HR nightmare, except if HR got involved like they should they would be fired. Hotel GM was related to the owners of the entire Westgate company and he is also married to the GM of food and beverage. It was a political game consisting of cliques and if one of them didn't like you, then poof you're gone. No care for your personal life, family life, or whatever else. Oh you're sick? Too bad. Been working 7 days straight? Oh sorry. It's your kids graduation? Sorry we need you. So unless you're a brown noser who likes to stab people in the back to move up stay far far away.
Pros
Scenery
Cons
No breaks, nepetism, crooked politics, high stress
Good place to start
Front Desk Room Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2017
Great team with good hours to work, flexible on the schedule but a lot of favoritism between management and employees, sometimes bad communication between differens departments
Fun place to work .
Sales, Customer Service Cnlt Center (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLMay 23, 2017
Very plesant management .
Culture needs to improve a little bit more.
helping and assisting customers with their needs by answering a multi-line phone .
Fun place to work and learn
Talent Acquisition Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
A great company to work for, for the entrepreneur at heart. Westgate Resorts is a work environment where decisions and empowerment are made at the employee level. I'd recommend Westgate Resorts to those seeking career development.
Pros
Fun, Free Thinking, Commissions & Bonuses
Cons
Not a company for group-thinkers
Easy quick money but cut throat & high turnover rate.
Lead/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
I worked at the Corporate Office on Sandlake. The hospitality benefits are great & there's many great & smart people working there. I made many good friends & many times we had lots of fun while at work. However Management lacks Management skills & I many times I felt I was just another number to them. Basically there's no job security!
Competitve
Sales Representative/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2017
Working at Westgate Resorts was very competitive as you are hired as an independent contractor and your job security relies on sales numbers and production if your lucky enough to do well you can be promoted to Sales Manager and make excellent compensation for your time.
Don't Bother
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2017
If there was an option to rate negative stars-Westgate would deserve such a rating. Degenerates through and through. From the scumbags that own the company all the way down to management. Good God!
Great place
Owner Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2017
Has alot of opportunity for growth.. Management and staff foster a positive and responsible work environment. Also very customer service oriented and friendly.
Pros
Great work environment
Fast paced
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2017
This is a very fast high paced atmosphere....a lot of things can be learned here. And Las Vegas is a great place to learn all of the things you need to have a successful culinary career
Work hard
Director of Front Office (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2017
I have maintained employment and worked extremely hard to advance in my chosen career. Challenging company to work for but advancement is possible.
X
way too strict
CONCIERGE ACTIVATION TEAM (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2017
during my time there, my coworkers were fun however the company has too many rules. We sit at a computer all day making calls and they wouldn't even want us to communicate with each other.
Very fast paced, fun working environment
Tour Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 15, 2017
Typical day at work were morning reports (8 total) that needed to be printed off before the work day started. I learned how to use Microsoft, outlook, and many other excel applications along the way. A lot of one on one with potential buyers for time shares. Customer service was always 100% nothing less. management was decent, i loved how close we were with our managers both on a professional level and personal. The workplace was very inviting and fun, felt like family.. Going to work was never a bummer, always was excited to get to work for a productive day. The hardest part of my job was the schedule that did not work well with other aspects in my life that i needed. Accommodating a good work schedule was difficult. I loved a lot of things about my job, starting with the people, place and daily duties. I was always busy working with at least 10-15 different people daily. Super fun job
Pros
Free lunch, good people, sociable
Cons
Never got full breaks, never guaranteed a full 8 hours
Great sales Great Income
Time Share Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2017
Great job with even greater opportunities to make more income very sales focus orientated and amazing with a great resort to work with amazing benefits
Pros
Very high income if license agent
Cons
Very early hours
You'll make money but you'd better save it!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 12, 2017
Excellent place to work. Fun, tons of great people, music, gorgeous environment, training,etc.. If you can sell, you'll make $100,000/year, easy. But when the season drops, they'll lay you off and steal the commissions they owed you over the next 2 months..if you sue them, they will countersue for chargebacks and no lawyer will take your case. You will pay them back money you earned. Long hours too..10/day. So work hard, save your money and when the S^$%& hits the fan...move onto something else for a few weeks, they'll call you back again later.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
Shady ownership/layoffs
no longer opened
Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2017
Everyone was laid off due the 2008 bailout

They could have told all their employees they closing, so people could have been looking for a job elsewhere
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 2, 2017
Westgate was a fun place to work. The job I started with was a secretary in the training department then I went on and got my realestate license and did time share sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.